Republicans study says stimulus worked

The extent of the left's desperation and delusion is unprecedented. This is the equivalent of Orwell's Doublespeak. The continual repetition of obvious falsehoods--what's more the zealous belief in these falsehoods like Truthmatters.

They obviously are not living in the same reality as those of us struggling with our family finances. It is pointless to talk to these people, especially TM, because they ardently and loyally believe that the massive spending by the federal government under the Obama administration has done everything that was promised, and was a smashing success.

There is no way TM actually works and pays bills, has children, a spouse, or anything resembling a life.

Debbie Shultz displayed this delusional doublespeak perfectly on CNN last night. When Anderson Cooper shockingly called her out on a blatant lie in a DNC fundraising email, she said it does not matter and refused to admit that it was a lie even when confronted with the truth.

The same will occur in trying to show TM here the truth.

IMO, the right is equally guilty of not thinking critically about the things it gets fed as well.

I don't know about you, I tend to go directly to the source before I make up my mind. The data tells you a pretty good story, and you don't have to try to figure out when an apple is being compared to a gorilla.

Case in point would be the country's unemployment rate. The news tells you that even though there was a stimulus, our unemployment rate stays at 8.3% for this year. The Bureau of Labor Statistics bears that out with it's monthly report (Employment Situation Summary). Here, they also tell you that 1,208,000 jobs were created since the beginning of the year (well - they actually give it as a monthly average...). This would tend to say that business itself has stagnated - they are laying off and outsourcing just as fast as new companies are joining the ranks.

This isn't about politics, so much as it's about profits. It won't matter much who you choose as a scapegoat, it won't get "fixed" in any election.

Did the $500k that Obama spent on advertising for his campaign work to stimulate the economy? How many jobs did it provide?

Or... maybe we should ask why the fuck the President misappropriated stimulus money for his own campaign?

Awesome facts.

Now think of it like this: The Feds didn't give cash to individuals directly, the cash went to the states who distributed it as needed. If the stimulus money went into fraudulent ventures in a Republican state, how do you blame a Democrat president for that?

That's right he is only responsible for the good things that happen in Republican states.

Awesome facts.

Now think of it like this: The Feds didn't give cash to individuals directly, the cash went to the states who distributed it as needed. If the stimulus money went into fraudulent ventures in a Republican state, how do you blame a Democrat president for that?

The entire stimulus program was a failure--it failed in every single one of the promises that the Obama administration made. "Shovel ready wasn't so shovel ready" - President Obama.

And as for the rampant fraud, the entirety of Obama's green initiative has been a massive transfer of billions in tax payer money to companies owned by Obama donors that have either went belly up, or are in dire financial shape and will never pay those loans back.

But keep telling yourself that the Obama Regime holds not responsibility for anything, ever. It will always and continually be Bush's fault.

Did the $500k that Obama spent on advertising for his campaign work to stimulate the economy? How many jobs did it provide?

Or... maybe we should ask why the fuck the President misappropriated stimulus money for his own campaign?

If that's the truth, we'd be watching the indictment of a president.

The extent of the left's desperation and delusion is unprecedented. This is the equivalent of Orwell's Doublespeak. The continual repetition of obvious falsehoods--what's more the zealous belief in these falsehoods like Truthmatters.

They obviously are not living in the same reality as those of us struggling with our family finances. It is pointless to talk to these people, especially TM, because they ardently and loyally believe that the massive spending by the federal government under the Obama administration has done everything that was promised, and was a smashing success.

There is no way TM actually works and pays bills, has children, a spouse, or anything resembling a life.

Debbie Shultz displayed this delusional doublespeak perfectly on CNN last night. When Anderson Cooper shockingly called her out on a blatant lie in a DNC fundraising email, she said it does not matter and refused to admit that it was a lie even when confronted with the truth.

IMO, the right is equally guilty of not thinking critically about the things it gets fed as well.

I don't know about you, I tend to go directly to the source before I make up my mind. The data tells you a pretty good story, and you don't have to try to figure out when an apple is being compared to a gorilla.

Case in point would be the country's unemployment rate. The news tells you that even though there was a stimulus, our unemployment rate stays at 8.3% for this year. The Bureau of Labor Statistics bears that out with it's monthly report (Employment Situation Summary). Here, they also tell you that 1,208,000 jobs were created since the beginning of the year (well - they actually give it as a monthly average...). This would tend to say that business itself has stagnated - they are laying off and outsourcing just as fast as new companies are joining the ranks.

This isn't about politics, so much as it's about profits. It won't matter much who you choose as a scapegoat, it won't get "fixed" in any election.

So your scapegoat are those damn evil companies and corporations. Yes, a horrible economy is exactly what businessmen want. The rhetoric of the left when it comes to their hatred of the private sector is astounding. The government holds no culpability in the housing crisis, it was all some Gordon Geko type asshole. Obama's policies have not worked because those damn bastards are sabotaging him.

What you are saying is absurd, and is a flimsy attempt to excuse the policies that have directly caused and contributed to the stagnant unemployment (which in reality is way above 8% had the numbers not been manipulated) and glacial economic growth.

In fact, when Romney/Ryan win the in November, I believe that alone will greatly increase businesses confidence in what the regulatory and tax situation will be under his administration. I think overnight the economy will begin showing signs of actual growth and recovery.

I live down her in Florida and believe me when I tell you there IS NO BIG ECONOMIC BOOM.

Shit. Another lame thread brought to you by Truthsplatters.

Awesome facts.

That's right he is only responsible for the good things that happen in Republican states.

That's not what I said at all. Just wondering how folks can nit-pick the "OMG" stuff out of what a Democrat president did for the economy, hold it up as proof of his unworthiness to hold the office, and completely disregard the fact that the mismanagement they blame on a Democrat was actually the fault of a Republican governor.

That's pretty specific, isn't it?

Of course the administration had nothing to do with awarding MSNBC $500,000 to air commercials touting the failed green jobs initiative during two shows (Olberman and Maddow) that have been little more than cheerleaders for Obama. Nothing inappropriate there.

The Labor Department paid out hundreds of thousands of dollars in federal stimulus funds to a public relations firm to run more than 100 commercials touting the Obama administration’s “green training” job efforts on two MSNBC cable shows, records show.
The commercials ran on MSNBC on shows hosted by Rachel Maddow and Keith Olbermann in 2009, but the contract didn’t report any jobs created, according to records reviewed recently by The Washington Times.

Labor Department spends stimulus funds for ads during Olbermann, Maddow shows - Washington Times

Awesome facts.

The entire stimulus program was a failure--it failed in every single one of the promises that the Obama administration made. "Shovel ready wasn't so shovel ready" - President Obama.

And as for the rampant fraud, the entirety of Obama's green initiative has been a massive transfer of billions in tax payer money to companies owned by Obama donors that have either went belly up, or are in dire financial shape and will never pay those loans back.

But keep telling yourself that the Obama Regime holds not responsibility for anything, ever. It will always and continually be Bush's fault.

I didn't say this either. And I haven't said that Obama may not hold some of the responsibility for mismanagement. The point of the topic was that Obama holds 100% of the blame for all the bad stuff - a point which I find absurd.

Awesome facts.

That's not what I said at all. Just wondering how folks can nit-pick the "OMG" stuff out of what a Democrat president did for the economy, hold it up as proof of his unworthiness to hold the office, and completely disregard the fact that the mismanagement they blame on a Democrat was actually the fault of a Republican governor.

That's pretty specific, isn't it?

The fact is that the billions of dollars spent under a Democrat controlled Congress and White House failed, and from the top down fraud is rampant on a national scale.

The only way that the massive federal spending, contributing to continual record breaking deficit spending under this administration, can be labelled a success is if you believe the illogical proving of a negative, ie it saved or created millions, oh F-it billions of jobs.

I'm sure you do believe that, but lets not forget that the Bush Tax Cuts, that that same Congress and White House extended, saved or created millions of jobs as well. :eusa_drool:

Labor Department spends stimulus funds for ads during Olbermann, Maddow shows - Washington Times

The Labor Department paid out hundreds of thousands of dollars in federal stimulus funds to a public relations firm to run more than 100 commercials touting the Obama administration’s “green training” job efforts on two MSNBC cable shows, records show.

Spending reports under the federal Recovery Act show $495,000 paid to McNeely Pigott & Fox Public Relations LLC, which the Labor Department hired to raise awareness “among employers and influencers about the [Job Corps] program’s existing and new training initiatives in high growth and environmentally friendly career areas” as well as spreading the word to prospective Job Corps enrollees.

The firm ultimately negotiated ad buys for “two approved spots” airing 14 times per week for two months on “Countdown With Keith Olbermann” and “The Rachel Maddow Show,” according to a project report, which listed the number zero under a section of the report asking how many jobs had been created through the stimulus contract.

David Williams, president of the nonprofit watchdog Taxpayers Protection Alliance, called the contract “questionable” because it created no jobs and because of the placement of the ads on shows viewed as friendly to the administration’s policies.

The Labor Department said that as measured in “gross impressions per spot,” the two MSNBC shows — Mr. Olbermann is no longer with the network — were twice as effective compared with running ads on Mr. King’s show, which also is no longer on the air.
Is that like jobs saved?

So your scapegoat are those damn evil companies and corporations. Yes, a horrible economy is exactly what businessmen want. The rhetoric of the left when it comes to their hatred of the private sector is astounding. The government holds no culpability in the housing crisis, it was all some Gordon Geko type asshole. Obama's policies have not worked because those damn bastards are sabotaging him.

What you are saying is absurd, and is a flimsy attempt to excuse the policies that have directly caused and contributed to the stagnant unemployment (which in reality is way above 8% had the numbers not been manipulated) and glacial economic growth.

In fact, when Romney/Ryan win the in November, I believe that alone will greatly increase businesses confidence in what the regulatory and tax situation will be under his administration. I think overnight the economy will begin showing signs of actual growth and recovery.

You're saying that it was "lack of confidence" that lead to the stagnation of business? How much cash could the administration have thrown to those folks to "improve" their confidence? The facts are that the smallest ventures are doing quite nicely now due to the tax breaks they've been given - although Faux news would have you believe differently.

Now - let's look at the whole picture.
The current administration has dumped more cash into the economy than anyone ever has. It propped up 2 major corporations who - by all rights - should have tanked. It held up the banking infrastructure to forestall a full-scale depression - and continues to pay exorbitant amounts of cash now that the banks are solvent again.

Republicans have been using stalling and obstruction tactics more during this administration than in any other. They get most of their campaign financing from the "evil corporations", which fund the superPACs, who are using their own stalling and obstruction tactics to hold the economy at bay. While screaming over and over how it's all Obama's fault.

To my way of thinking, we paid business a huge amount of cash to push our economy and get us all back to work again. They took that cash and went on vacation. They defaulted. They reneged. The very tactic that worked in every administration facing a recession failed this time - and my opinion is that the failure was deliberate. And so what? No one can vote a CEO out of office. The corporate profits continue regardless. And, at least according to the Dow, investments are WAY up there.

I think it's time to wake up to the fact that it wouldn't matter which party holds office any more. "Business" now OWNS this country, and they've proved it very convincingly so far.

Wait a second

I live in Florida--the economy in Florida sucks!!

That is why I am voting for Romney--unless Gary Johnson can win my vote.

Watch the ads. It really is that simple.

If the ads were really about the stimulus, not Obama, they would have aired on more than just Madcow and Obelfart's shows.

David Williams, president of the nonprofit watchdog Taxpayers Protection Alliance, called the contract “questionable” because it created no jobs and because of the placement of the ads on shows viewed as friendly to the administration’s policies.

The Labor Department said that as measured in “gross impressions per spot,” the two MSNBC shows — Mr. Olbermann is no longer with the network — were twice as effective compared with running ads on Mr. King’s show, which also is no longer on the air.
Is that like jobs saved?

Mr. Roberts and Mr. Volpe also said Labor Department research showed that advertisements would reach the target demographic of business owners and managers interested in hiring “green-trained” employees through a programming list that initially also included shows hosted by CNN’s Larry King and public television’s Jim Lehrer as well as the two MSNBC programs where the ads eventually appeared.

Maybe it's me...
Where does this prove anything underhanded?

Mr. Roberts and Mr. Volpe also said Labor Department research showed that advertisements would reach the target demographic of business owners and managers interested in hiring “green-trained” employees through a programming list that initially also included shows hosted by CNN’s Larry King and public television’s Jim Lehrer as well as the two MSNBC programs where the ads eventually appeared.

Maybe it's me...

Well, they said it was fine so it must be fine. or... alternatively, one could watch the ads and decide for oneself whether it was appropriate use of stimulus funds... personally, I was supportive of the theory of the stimulus... it was the application and distribution of it that was a clusterfuck.

Maybe it's me...

it's you.

If the ads were really about the stimulus, and not about Obama, why were they only on Madcow and Olberlfart's shows?

Forum List

Back