Republicans Struggle To Say How They Would Pay For Tax Cuts

Afraid not......Reagans tax cuts brought huge deficits. It was the spending that caused the economic upturn. We never paid back the money Reagan borrowed.

Trickle down does not work...never has

Really? Then how do you explain the economic recovery on Reagan's watch during the mid to late 80's?
You can be afraid all you like.
Reagan was willing to short change the goverment ( they should have reduced spending) in order to give back the people THEIR money so they could spend and invest.
The result was a long period of recovery from the Carter and Nixon years and of course growth in the 80's. And that spending that you mentioned above was CONSUMER spending. Government spending slows economic activity. Because in order for government to spend more, it must take from the producers to have it to spend.

Ok genius, if trickle down doesn't work, what does? See you don't get to post a statement and then not get called on it.
The fastest and best way to grow an economy is to have the earners keep as much of their earnings as possible while taxing them enough to maintain a stable government that is funded for essential services only.
Taxes are never too low. Neither are revenues. Politicians always have the choice to spend less.
I will ask you .....Why is it you support high taxes?

Mega Defense spending. He did not reduce the size of the Federal Government, he expanded it significantly...especially the DoD

Reagan quadrupled the deficit to pay for his tax cuts and defense spending
national defense is an essential function of the US government as prescribed in the Constitution. Carter had decimated the US Military. Carter was as weak kneed and yellow spined leader as Neville Chamberlain. He was an appeaser who loathed the military.
Reagan destroyed the Soviet Union and ended the cold war.
So , are you going to answer my question about high taxes? Please do.

Someone needs to explain to Hong Kong that trickle down economics doesn't work.

Damn Commies and their trickle down economics.

I know right! The communists are moving to a more free system and prospering, and we are moving to a more communist model and struggling. Go figure!

FYI, Hong Kong has only recently come under communist control. To their credit, they have done little to disturb that beacon of the free market system. In fact, they have attempted to create free market zones on the mainland.

I know right! The communists are moving to a more free system and prospering, and we are moving to a more communist model and struggling. Go figure!

FYI, Hong Kong has only recently come under communist control. To their credit, they have done little to disturb that beacon of the free market system. In fact, they have attempted to create free market zones on the mainland.

That is truly one of the most stupid things I have EVER heard.

The Chinese make 88 dollars a month in some provinces, live in dorms and eat on a schedule. The 300,000 worker plant is a "suicide factory". Even an engineer averages 730 dollars a month.

The government is behind all aspects of business. They buy raw materials and sell products BELOW the cost of the materials until they drive competitors out of business.

The only reason we don't ban their asses is because Bush and the Republicans sent 2.4 million jobs over there and helped companies invest there. Now those companies own Republican politicians and a few Democrats.

However, the solution isn't putting wacko's into congress.

You right wingers are hilarious. Cut spending. That's your mantra. What does that even mean in a capitalistic society?

The reason Bush and the Republicans drove the economy into a ditch wasn't because they spent, but what they spent money on.

Tax breaks and subsidies to companies moving jobs to China? 2.4 million jobs from 2001 to 2008.

Throwing away money hand over fist on Iraq. And who were they throwing it to? Haliburton and Blackwater and other companies cleaning up tens of billions in no bid contracts.

Back to the basics is what made this country great. Our railroads, our electrical grid, our educational institutions, our science and technology and our manufacturing base. These things cost money. They ARE the American investment. That's the only way to dig our way out. Develop jobs, which develop revenue, which develop taxes, which is the only thing that will bring down deficits.

And the Republican solution? Stop everything. Well, that just doesn't work.
What a clueless post.
"Our railroads, our electrical grid, our educational institutions, our science and technology and our manufacturing base. "....Save for education which the federal government has no business being in, all the things you mentioned are PRIVATE SECTOR entities!!! Yeah they cost money. But the private sector pays for them.
Jeez!
Oh please spare me the "government grants for scientists"...That repersents a miniscule portion of the budget . Quite frankly most government funded research ( such as the Japanaese Quail cocoaine thing) shouldn't exist. Neither should public funding for the arts.
Arts like any other industry should be self supporting.
High taxes prevent investment and expansion of business.

Our railroads are government owned, but privately operated.

Department of Energy - Smart Grid

Curiosity "10 NASA Inventions You Might Use Every Day"

There are actually thousands of patents held by NASA that touches every single aspect of your life. All invented by those darn lazy scientists.

The problem with the right wing is they spewed so much bullshit, they actually believe it. No matter how little sense it makes, they still believe it. Worse, they repeat it. Not enough sense to be embarrassed.

Really? Then how do you explain the economic recovery on Reagan's watch during the mid to late 80's?
Reagan was willing to short change the goverment ( they should have reduced spending) in order to give back the people THEIR money so they could spend and invest.
The result was a long period of recovery from the Carter and Nixon years and of course growth in the 80's. And that spending that you mentioned above was CONSUMER spending. Government spending slows economic activity. Because in order for government to spend more, it must take from the producers to have it to spend.

Ok genius, if trickle down doesn't work, what does? See you don't get to post a statement and then not get called on it.
The fastest and best way to grow an economy is to have the earners keep as much of their earnings as possible while taxing them enough to maintain a stable government that is funded for essential services only.
Taxes are never too low. Neither are revenues. Politicians always have the choice to spend less.

the fastest way to grow an economy is to have people spend as much as they can beg borrow or steal.
But we did that and the decade? long hangover will not be fun.

What is YOUR solution?

too late, the only option now is the hangover.
How bad it is depends on our actions. And so far we seem to only want to do more of the same kind of stuff that got us in this mess.

The Chinese make 88 dollars a month in some provinces, live in dorms and eat on a schedule. The 300,000 worker plant is a "suicide factory". Even an engineer averages 730 dollars a month.

You have a variety of issues and misconceptions that I surely cannot remedy.

First off, I am talking about Hong Kong, NOT mainland China and their tyrannical government. Hong Kong is tremendously successful because of free trade, NOT because of communist China. They've only been part of China for a little over a decade.

Second, comparing wages in our country to wages in China makes no common sense. Not merely because I am talking specifically about Hong Kong, but because (believe it or not) there are people in poor countries that are happy to receive $5 a day. I know! I lived in one!

Mega Defense spending. He did not reduce the size of the Federal Government, he expanded it significantly...especially the DoD

Come on..a orbital nuclear platform was just what the doctor ordered. And the bullet hitting bullet technology of missile defense was steeped in some very sound science.

Well worth the cost!

The government is behind all aspects of business. They buy raw materials and sell products BELOW the cost of the materials until they drive competitors out of business.

The only reason we don't ban their asses is because Bush and the Republicans sent 2.4 million jobs over there and helped companies invest there. Now those companies own Republican politicians and a few Democrats.

However, the solution isn't putting wacko's into congress.

Amazing how much their economy has grown from selling at a loss.
Maybe we should try that approach?

tax cuts = good
cutting spending = good
limited government = good
personal responsibility = good

----
tax hikes = bad
pork spending and unneeded bureaucracies = bad
leviathan government = bad
no incentive to be personally responsible for one's actions (welfare, etc) = bad

Choice is obvious imo.

They moved all the boat people out of Aberdeen bay and kicked out the North Koreans. They also moved out anyone that didn't make a certain salary back to the mainland. Granted it's alot cleaner. Yay Commies..you go.

And FYI..I been there before and after.

Republicans Struggle To Say How They Would Pay For Tax Cuts (VIDEO)

Whats fucking funny is how dipshit rightwing posters in this forum are suppprting a party and its advocacy of tax cuts when it doesn't know to pay for them. Note how Rand Paul said tax cuts don't need to be paid for. Tax cuts, like the welfare check you rightwing lamb shit eaters keep complaining about, also have to be paid for.

With Spending cuts, and a growing Economy. Of course.

Now if we could just actually get people to make some cuts :)

tax cuts = good
cutting spending = good

----
tax hikes = bad
no incentive to be personally responsible for one's actions (welfare, etc) = bad

Choice is obvious imo.

ahh the republican agenda.

well their talk anyway, their walk is about 180 degrees out of phase though.

tax cuts = good
cutting spending = good

----
tax hikes = bad

Choice is obvious imo.

Cut taxes..and start wars.

How the heck does that ever get paid for..

They moved all the boat people out of Aberdeen bay and kicked out the North Koreans. They also moved out anyone that didn't make a certain salary back to the mainland. Granted it's alot cleaner. Yay Commies..you go.

And FYI..I been there before and after.

Thanks for the update!

I was there in the 90's, and haven't been back.

I am in no way suggesting that the commies had any positive influence. I have read that they have created free trade zones on the mainland that have been successful patterned off of the successes of Hong Kong.

It's sad to hear that they tampered with them at all. Hong Kong was a cool place when I was there.

And he did so for a very good reason - the USSR.

You libs seem to forget about that whole Cold War thing. :doubt:

I'm certainly glad we had someone like Reagan who had the balls to stand up against the Russian communists. I know that's a sore subject to bring up, since liberals have always taken up the Marxist cause as their own.

tax cuts = good
cutting spending = good

----
tax hikes = bad

Choice is obvious imo.

Cut taxes..and start wars.

How the heck does that ever get paid for..

Believe it or not some of did not want to Start The War In Iraq.

Bush was a dumb Ass. He Cut taxes, but massively increased spending and took us into 2 wars with out a real plan to win either. That is not a conservative thing to do, that is a BUSH thing to do. :cuckoo:

I want to cut spending on everything (yes ever Defense) and keep taxes where they are. Possibly with the exception of Cutting the Capitol Gains tax. I want to do everything we can to encourage economic and Job growth with out Spending Trillions we do not have. Like offering tax incentives to companies who open operations in the US, and move jobs back here, and ending policies that actually encourage jobs going over seas.

The problem you guys have is you think Every conservative thought it was a good idea to spend well beyond our means like Bush and the Republicans do. It was not. It was no better an idea then, as it is now to spend even Faster.

Our massive over all debt, including all State and local debt, the Federal Debt, and future obligations is an astronomical Number. If we do not get together left and right and figure out a way to get this spending and Debt under control. We are going to lose it all.

Last edited:
We have a spending problem. We do not have an income problem. what is so hard to understand about that??

Why not do what the OP asked and identify what you would cut?

Sounds easy

national defense is an essential function of the US government as prescribed in the Constitution. Carter had decimated the US Military. Carter was as weak kneed and yellow spined leader as Neville Chamberlain. He was an appeaser who loathed the military.
Reagan destroyed the Soviet Union and ended the cold war.
So , are you going to answer my question about high taxes? Please do.

I didn't question the spending, I explained how Reagan expanded the economy and he did it by borrowing money to pump into the economy......just like Obama did

Also, in case you didn't know..

Carter was an Annapolis graduate and Naval officer who served his country
Reagan was only an officer in the movies. The Reagan ended the Cold War nonsense has been since disproven by historical documents. Once the Soviet Union folded, it became evident the economic collapse was decades in the making

Last edited:

Forum List

Back