Republicans Struggle To Say How They Would Pay For Tax Cuts

lOL, there are some real genius morons out there..

How Republicans would Pay for TAX CUTS.

You idiots think WE the people have to pay to get our own TAXES back.

good GAWD.:lol:

Who do you want to pay for the current government spending, not to mention paying off the accumulated debt?

If you don't want to pay for it, who should?

If they'd cut back on spending they COULD start paying the debt without raising taxes.

Put defense on the table first.

Yah, like they always cut spending before?
why should we believe their lies yet again?
sounds like a fools game to me.

They could be lies. My cynisim tends to agree. But we only have one party talking of cuts.

Pull your wallet out, the dems are in desperate need of useful idiots.

Talking the talk is nothing, walking the talk is something.

We have been hearing this same cut spending and smaller govt crappy lies deom the republicans at least since 1980.

all we have is talking heads none of them has any balls.

So you want to defend the side that doesnt talk about cuts at all. Undermining your position.

Move along.

Its easy, just cut entitlement programs, government jobs, and government pensions. Stop stationing troops in foreign countries that dont need us there and let those countries defend themselves. Stop giving aid to our enemies like the dictatorships we like in the M.E. and the russian government.

Do you need more? Get rid of obama care, repeal TARP and shut off the bailout/stimulus spending.

More? Make it so congress/senate/president are all jobs where you can earn no more than the average income of all americans. Make them pay for half their health insurance costs and dont make it so they get a guaranteed pension just for getting elected for a term.

There are so many things you can cut....hell make welfare temporary just like unemployment.

More? Stop allowing non-citizens in the united states to get government sponsored health care, education, and food stamps.

Damn are you and those 2 politicians in your article that daft that you cant see the dozens of obvious places we can cut entitelments and spending in order to start paying for what we have already spent?

yeah like any of that will fly.
We are talking politicians here now.

They all promise lots and then enter into the machine and play the game.

If a politician put forth any of the above items I, and I believe the majority of Americans, would be appreciative and show this when it comes time to re-elect them.

tell me which group that has their retirement, welfare, job, etc funds cut off will be voting for that person that instigates the cuts?

You make no friends by remevong money from peoples pockets. The inverse of that is why the tax cut myth is so popular. Lies but popular.

Virtually all politicians are for their party and their job first.
ie getting re-elected.

Last edited:
Who do you want to pay for the current government spending, not to mention paying off the accumulated debt?

If you don't want to pay for it, who should?

If they'd cut back on spending they COULD start paying the debt without raising taxes.

How about at the same time as everything else.....not first but in addition to government jobs, payroll of elected officials, welfare, entitlements for non-citizens, aid to foreign nations that aren't 100% cooperative with our interests, military bases in countries like germany, bailouts of corporations, tarp, obamacare.........shall I go on?

They could be lies. My cynisim tends to agree. But we only have one party talking of cuts.

We have been hearing this same cut spending and smaller govt crappy lies deom the republicans at least since 1980.

So you want to defend the side that doesnt talk about cuts at all. Undermining your position.

Move along.

How exactly did Bush plan to pay for the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan? Wouldn't you call that unfunded increased government spending?

yeah like any of that will fly.
We are talking politicians here now.

They all promise lots and then enter into the machine and play the game.

If a politician put forth any of the above items I, and I believe the majority of Americans, would be appreciative and show this when it comes time to re-elect them.

tell me which group that has their retirement, welfare, job, etc funds cut off will be voting for that person that instigates the cuts?

Well I wouldn't have any of those cut, like the majority of american's I work for a privately owned small business.

Anyone who doesn't live off of the labor forces tax dollar and works for private entities would support this and that is the majority of americans.

First and foremost. Tax cuts do not require payment. They are not debt.

Spending is what creates debt. They have said repeatedly they will cut spending.

Is that too difficult for you to grasp?

That's insane.

Taxes pay for spending. Just like your monthly credit card payment pays for your spending.

If you put $300 a month on your credit card, and make a $300 a month payment on the same card, you accumulate no debt.

If, however, you put the same $300 a month on your card, but you CUT your payment to, say, $200 a month,

you accumulate a $100 a month (plus interest) in debt.

Is that too difficult for you to grasp?

No, not too difficult at all, unless of course you're in government. They don't seem to understand basic economics. You know, like you don't spend more than you bring in? In other words, when they get their damn spending under control it won't matter how much you bring in in taxes. DON'T SPEND MORE THAN YOU COLLECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It really is just as simple as that.

Neither side of the aisle seems to understand simple economics.

Rick

I've said a zillion times, make people pay for the government they get when they get it.

That means

1. no raising spending without raising taxes to pay for it.

2. no cutting taxes without cutting spending to pay for it.

Move along.

How exactly did Bush plan to pay for the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan? Wouldn't you call that unfunded increased government spending?

I can go one better. He implemented TSA.

I guess all you lefties think that Bush's approval numbers were only because they polled democrats exclusively.

Move along.

Ohh I am for cuts, I would be a very unpopular dictator.
We need to suffer a while to get back to greatness.

I just see reality where others believe political lies and rhetoric.

I believe in real cuts. Not just on the face ones then replacing personnel with temps.

In fact I wanted to spend nothing on the Iraq war. Trillion dollar cut right there.

Last edited:

How about at the same time as everything else.....not first but in addition to government jobs, payroll of elected officials, welfare, entitlements for non-citizens, aid to foreign nations that aren't 100% cooperative with our interests, military bases in countries like germany, bailouts of corporations, tarp, obamacare.........shall I go on?

Yes, you put it all on the table, but you might as well talk about defense first because the GOP, and conservatives in general, are an immovable object in the way of cutting the defense budget,

and if you can't get by that, then nobody else has any obligation to put their own interests on the table.

Move along.

Ohh I am for cuts, I would be a very unpopular dictator.
We need to suffer a while to get back to greatness.

I just see reality where others believe political lies and rhetoric.

I believe in real cuts. Not just on the face ones then replacing personnel with temps.

In fact I wanted to spend nothing on the Iraq war. Trillion dollar cut right there.

I would say then our belief system on this topic could be described as a mirror image.

The house of cards we have built over the decades will not survive what the republicans want to do right now.

Republicans Struggle To Say How They Would Pay For Tax Cuts (VIDEO)

Whats fucking funny is how dipshit rightwing posters in this forum are suppprting a party and its advocacy of tax cuts when it doesn't know to pay for them. Note how Rand Paul said tax cuts don't need to be paid for. Tax cuts, like the welfare check you rightwing lamb shit eaters keep complaining about, also have to be paid for.

What's fucking funny is how a simple concept: Cut Taxes and Reduce Spending, seems to blow your mind.

Simpler concept..

Keep taxes stable and cut spending and have a balanced budget

Better concept... equalize taxes to ensure the ~50% that don't pay now, start paying them. Have the rate reasonable across the board with no exceptions.... and cut the living shit out of the enormous number of bullshit programs and agencies that currently exist in our overbloated government...

Forum List

Back