Republicans stop pipeline then lie and say it was Obama. Business as usual.

Why is Obama against allowing the private sector from building energy infrastructure in this nation?

Have we established that he is in fact against that?

Why has his administration issued maybe a few thousand drilling permits?

And I hope he is against using the power of iminent(sp?) domain in the hands of corporations.

Nebraska's Republican Gov. Dave Heineman sent a letter today to President Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, asking them to deny a federal permit for a pipeline that would carry Canadian oil through his state, all the way to the Texas Gulf Coast.

Heineman wrote that he is opposed to TransCanada's Keystone XL pipeline because its planned route lies directly over a critical aquifer.

GOP Nebraska gov. asks Obama to stop tar sands pipeline - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

“The key decision for current pipeline discussions is the permitting decision that will be made by the Obama administration, which is why I have urged President Obama and Secretary of State Clinton to deny the permit,” (Republican) Governor Heineman said in announcing the special legislative session. (The majority in Nebraska are Republicans who also control the state legislature).

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/31/b...ystone-xl-oil-pipeline.html?_r=1&ref=nebraska

---------------------

So what is it right wingers? Are you liars? Stupid? Remember "state's rights"? Is that for everyone but Nebraska?

Or do you Confederate right wingers just have to have something about Obama to bitch about. You lie about the scope of the project. You lie about the project. I thought you weren't supposed to lie. Isn't that like a commandment in one of your occult texts? I guess if you see people like Romney and Gingrich at "leaders", you'll stoop to any level.

RD Reinventing the square wheel again. ;) :lol:

News Flash. We are here to save the Republic. What Republic, you ask? :eek: What is a Republic? :confused: ..... Well Son, we don't blame you for being indoctrinated. The problem is bigger than you. We are here to help you through this. ;) :eusa_whistle:

Why is Obama against allowing the private sector from building energy infrastructure in this nation?

And I hope he is against using the power of iminent(sp?) domain in the hands of corporations.

He does ambiguous so well, doesn't he? :lol: :lol: :lol:

He should walk away with the Oscar. :lmao:

A point.

It seems to me that this whole thing is to get the Federal government to say that transCanada has the right to take your property to build this pipeline and you have no say in the matter.

Instead of acting like a private business venture and dealing with each landowner and going around them if an agreement is not reached.
That is non government interference capitalism in action.

Nebraska's Republican Gov. Dave Heineman sent a letter today to President Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, asking them to deny a federal permit for a pipeline that would carry Canadian oil through his state, all the way to the Texas Gulf Coast.

Heineman wrote that he is opposed to TransCanada's Keystone XL pipeline because its planned route lies directly over a critical aquifer.

GOP Nebraska gov. asks Obama to stop tar sands pipeline - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

“The key decision for current pipeline discussions is the permitting decision that will be made by the Obama administration, which is why I have urged President Obama and Secretary of State Clinton to deny the permit,” (Republican) Governor Heineman said in announcing the special legislative session. (The majority in Nebraska are Republicans who also control the state legislature).

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/31/b...ystone-xl-oil-pipeline.html?_r=1&ref=nebraska

---------------------

So what is it right wingers? Are you liars? Stupid? Remember "state's rights"? Is that for everyone but Nebraska?

Or do you Confederate right wingers just have to have something about Obama to bitch about. You lie about the scope of the project. You lie about the project. I thought you weren't supposed to lie. Isn't that like a commandment in one of your occult texts? I guess if you see people like Romney and Gingrich at "leaders", you'll stoop to any level.

a) you've been provided and I am sure he knows this too that the aquifer has 25K miles of pipelines running over it already. b) did you watch the state dept. briefing? the decision was 'devolved' to the sec of state via the wh. c) so now obama is amendable to states rights and concerns? :lol: d) then obama could have said- once they submit a re-route, I will ok it. or e) he could have said, I am sorry gov. but the state dept. has not found or been given any evidence that it matters, f) 'confederate'? oh gee you made a not so funny, schmuck. :eusa_shhh:

A point.

It seems to me that this whole thing is to get the Federal government to say that transCanada has the right to take your property to build this pipeline and you have no say in the matter.

Instead of acting like a private business venture and dealing with each landowner and going around them if an agreement is not reached.

sorta like Pfizer making a deal with Connecticut then saying fuck it after the houses were eminent domained and torn down? like that?

thats the most disingenuous thing I have ever seen you post here.......

TransCanada's director of field operations, Jim Krause, declined Friday to go into any detail about possible alternative routes.

"We only got the news late yesterday," Krause said. "We're mulling a lot of things."

Thirteen alternate routes were reviewed and rejected by the State Department over the past three years. Among those were paths to follow an existing TransCanada pipeline that roughly tracks the Canadian border east from Montana across North Dakota and then turns south to go through eastern South Dakota and Nebraska.

That option, favored by Nebraska's governor, passes through a much smaller portion of the Ogallala aquifer. But it was rejected in part because the route is longer and would have raised the project's price tag by about 25 percent, or an estimated $1.7 billion.

Also rejected were two routes that paralleled a stretch of Interstate 90 in South Dakota to avoid the Sandhills. Those would have cost almost $500 million more and involved putting the line through more densely populated areas and across more streams and rivers that could be fouled if the conduit broke or leaked.

Two western routes that passed through Wyoming and Colorado were thrown out because they would have added several hundred miles to the line, again making it more expensive.

An industry consultant who worked for the federal pipeline safety agency under the Bush administration said any changes probably mean building a longer pipeline than TransCanada originally planned. That could expose the project to still more objections because a longer pipeline has more points at which it can fail.

"You could set this pipeline up for a death by a thousand cuts: Next, year, the new route's not good enough," consultant Brigham McCown said. "I'm very skeptical about the fairness of the process at this point."

The environmental group Friends of the Earth has sought a broader government review that would address national energy policies and whether it is in the country's best interest to expand the use of a fuel considered more environmentally damaging than conventional oil.

"I don't think there is an alternative route that solves the problems of this project," said Damon Moglen, the group's climate director.

Change in pipeline plan could present new problems - Houston Chronicle

Last edited:
A point.

sorta like Pfizer making a deal with Connecticut then saying fuck it after the houses were eminent domained and torn down? like that?
I do not remember that screwing, but yes.

"Let's look at the number one. Number one," Bachmann said. "That's the number of new drilling permits under the Obama administration since they came into office.
~
Again, these are deepwater permits issued after the moratorium. The Obama administration issued lots of deepwater permits prior to that.

In addition, BOEMRE has received 31 deepwater drilling permit applications for activities such as drilling water injection wells and drilling from a fixed rig with a surface blowout preventer that were allowed under the moratorium. BOEMRE has approved 28 of these permits.

According to Andy Radford, senior policy adviser at the American Petroleum Institute, permit approvals have dropped 65 percent, post gulf oil spill. Prior to the gulf disaster, the Obama administration reported approving 217 new well permits (shallow and deepwater).

PolitiFact | Michele Bachmann claims there has been just one new oil drilling permit issued since Obama took office

And that is just offshore permits.
We have been drilling lots more on land as well.

And here is for natural gas drilling:

Despite low wellhead gas prices, U.S. rig
counts and gas completion activity in the U.S. have increased substantially since
reaching a low of 893 rigs in June, 2009. The current rig count (late August) is
approximately 1650 rigs, including 985 gas-directed rigs and 665 oil or
miscellaneous rigs. Most of the new activity is horizontal shale activity and
vertical and directional tight gas activity.

http://www.ngsa.org/Assets/docs/analyses%20studies/outlook/final%20icf%202010%20report.pdf

Still looking for onshore oil drilling stats.
But we are looking at a couple of thousand new wells so far under Obama.

Ohio alone issued 156 permits in 2011.
The Ohio Department of Natural Resources issued 156 permits in 2011 to drilling companies looking to capitalize on natural gas and oil in the Utica Shale.

http://www.vindy.com/news/2012/jan/12/-drilling-permits-granted-in-/

Last edited:
A point.

Just curious, where did you stand on New London? :)

"Let's look at the number one. Number one," Bachmann said. "That's the number of new drilling permits under the Obama administration since they came into office.
~
Again, these are deepwater permits issued after the moratorium. The Obama administration issued lots of deepwater permits prior to that.

In addition, BOEMRE has received 31 deepwater drilling permit applications for activities such as drilling water injection wells and drilling from a fixed rig with a surface blowout preventer that were allowed under the moratorium. BOEMRE has approved 28 of these permits.

According to Andy Radford, senior policy adviser at the American Petroleum Institute, permit approvals have dropped 65 percent, post gulf oil spill. Prior to the gulf disaster, the Obama administration reported approving 217 new well permits (shallow and deepwater).

PolitiFact | Michele Bachmann claims there has been just one new oil drilling permit issued since Obama took office

counts and gas completion activity in the U.S. have increased substantially since
reaching a low of 893 rigs in June, 2009. The current rig count (late August) is

http://www.ngsa.org/Assets/docs/analyses%20studies/outlook/final%20icf%202010%20report.pdf

The Ohio Department of Natural Resources issued 156 permits in 2011 to drilling companies looking to capitalize on natural gas and oil in the Utica Shale.

Youngstown News, 156 drilling permits granted in 2011

uh huh. so your position is the obama admin. sppts. fossil fuel exploration?

how many permits have been denied? you seem to have either a short or selective memory. example-

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/18/business/energy-environment/18oil.html

Last edited:
A point.

New london? Was that trhe place where they condemned private property to build a hotel or something?

I am against using emenint domain for private enterprise.
It is for roads, bridges, schools, etc.

~

Youngstown News, 156 drilling permits granted in 2011

uh huh. so your position is the obama admin. sppts. fossil fuel exploration?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

there is also apparently a rift between private unions and public unions whom have lined up with the greens, due to the politics involved, the practicality of the matter becomes moot.

how many permits have been denied? you seem to have either a short or selective memory. example-

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/18/business/energy-environment/18oil.html why did a

Permits denied by whom? The feds or the states?

And that article speaks of permit applications not acted on in a timely manner not the same thing as denied.

Kinda like me "denying" thousands of women of my sexual favors.
Just not got around to them yet, I did not deny them.
So far none of them have sued me yet though.

Last edited:
A point.

New london? Was that trhe place where they condemned private property to build a hotel or something?

I am against using emenint domain for private enterprise.
It is for roads, bridges, schools, etc.

We feel pretty much the same there. We disagree on the necessity of the pipeline though. It is Infrastructure and in a sense, strategic reserve. A shopping mall, where the local government can charge a higher property tax, for selfish reason, doesn't fly with me. This issue is right of passage, I assume fair compensation, and I would suggest negotiating improved Emergency Response planning and equipment.

Forum List

Back