Republicans, Stop Making Excuses and Win

P

patotool

I'm am a Conservative Republican going back a long way. I am seeing a disturbing trend on our end of the spectrum that I would like to address. We're showing signs of what the left has often been accused of: whining and making excuses.
I'm a Republican to a large extent because it's the party that's supposed to embody the ideal of rugged individualism that this country was founded on.
That being said...Bush got his head handed to him the other night. Rush and Sean Hannity and all those other puppets can whine and complain and make excuses and outright lie all they want, but John Kerry looked like he was debating a Downes Syndrome patient, not the leader of the free world. Everybody knows that this is true, but who cares. We all know that Bush is not there because he's smart, or quick on his feet, or, perhaps even competent. The fact is he's failed at everything he's done in life. Bush is there because he's the likeable, electable figure-head for the intelligent, competent, but unlikeable and unelectable people around him. We all know this, it may not be the type of thing we want to admit, but it's undeniably true.
Bush will win because he is likeable, and very human, and the views of his administration are those of most Americans. It doesn't matter that he was so thoroughly embarrassed and eviscerated during the debate. Any competent adult with a high school diploma would've beaten Bush. That doesn't make Kerry look good any more than it would make a pro football player look tough if he beat up a 6 year old girl.
So let's just get on with the campaign and do what we can and get ourselves and our friends and family out to the polls. That's what matters. We're going to win because our beliefs are right, in spite of George Bush.
Let's ignore newsweek, and Dan Rather and all the rest of those snobs who think we're a bunch of ignorant hillbillies and closed minded religious nuts. Then we can look forward to 4 more somewhat embarrassing years of falling down, choking on pretzels, hanging out in Texas instead of working, an inability to speak English or grasp the issues, dodging questions about being a draft dodger, drug addict, alcoholic, his child-like religious beliefs, soldiers dying on a daily basis because they don't have the equiptment they need, and not catching Osama Bin Laden. But also 4 more years of doing what's right for the wealthy people who are the heart and soul of the nation and the economy, going in there and killing as many terrorists as possible.
We are still afraid as a nation. That is why we do not blame Bush for hiding in a bunker on 9/11. The Republicans understand this fear, that is why Bush will win next month.
But let's not fear the election, and let's stop sounding so desperate. It doesn't matter what Newsweek or anybody else says. Results and dogma are what will matter in the race, not polls. On election day, we will overcome.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
potatohead said:
That being said...Bush got his head handed to him the other night. Rush and Sean Hannity and all those other puppets can whine and complain and make excuses and outright lie all they want, but John Kerry looked like he was debating a Downes Syndrome patient, not the leader of the free world.

I don't recall Rush or Hannity whining, or LYING! You better PROVE bullshit like that. It ain't going fly here.

potato head said:
We all know that Bush is not there because he's smart, or quick on his feet, or, perhaps even competent.

"WE" know nothing of the sort. So the man suffer's from stage fright, and isn't the same kind of slick, lying, smooth talking shyster kerry is. That doesn't mean shit. He's a very intelligent man, and is dead nuts on in his speaches.

potato head said:
The fact is he's failed at everything he's done in life. Bush is there because he's the likeable, electable figure-head for the intelligent, competent, but unlikeable and unelectable people around him. We all know this, it may not be the type of thing we want to admit, but it's undeniably true.

"The fact is"... the more your rant goes on, the more you sound like a liberal in here trooling. There's NOTHING "true", in your above statement.

potato head said:
Then we can look forward to 4 more somewhat embarrassing years of falling down, choking on pretzels, hanging out in Texas instead of working, an inability to speak English or grasp the issues, dodging questions about being a draft dodger, drug addict, alcoholic, his child-like religious beliefs, soldiers dying on a daily basis because they don't have the equiptment they need, and not catching Osama Bin Laden.

You couldn't have sounded more like a liberal if you tried. Suppose maybe you should have touted all of kerry's good points... if he has any. I guess you could make some up, since you're so good at lying about people.

You come here saying you're a Republican, and then you proceed to kick the shit out of the President with all the liberal lies and talking points you could muster up. You sir, are NO FUCKING REPUBLICAN! You're a liberal through and through. Please refrain from saying you are a Republican.

:trolls:

I've been a Republican since Eisenhower. Before we became PC and tried to deceive ourselves. I'm saying let's be honest with ourselves, take the good with the bad and win it.
I like Bush. But, like any other President, he's got his strengths and weaknesses.
By taking about the liberal media and their lies you're giving them the power over the right to take us down. Forget them. There's no conspiracy, they're just out of touch and so are you if you believe what you're writing. Being a conservative isn't about towing the party line, it's about being an individual and saying what you believe regardless of what others think of it.
It's time to smarten up and stop acting like a bunch of whining liberals making excuses all of the time.
Don't say the President has stage fright. Say he's a bad debater, a poor speaker and less intelligent than Kerry. But, his policies are correct and Kerry's are wrong, that's why we vote for him. That's how you be an individual and a winner instead of a lefty whiner.
And Rush and Hannity are bought and paid for mouth pieces that do more to undermine the right than anything the liberals can do or say. Pay attention to what's going on around you and stop worrying about not rocking the boat!

patotool said:
I've been a Republican since Eisenhower. Before we became PC and tried to deceive ourselves. I'm saying let's be honest with ourselves, take the good with the bad and win it.
I like Bush. But, like any other President, he's got his strengths and weaknesses.
By taking about the liberal media and their lies you're giving them the power over the right to take us down. Forget them. There's no conspiracy, they're just out of touch and so are you if you believe what you're writing. Being a conservative isn't about towing the party line, it's about being an individual and saying what you believe regardless of what others think of it.
It's time to smarten up and stop acting like a bunch of whining liberals making excuses all of the time.
Don't say the President has stage fright. Say he's a bad debater, a poor speaker and less intelligent than Kerry. But, his policies are correct and Kerry's are wrong, that's why we vote for him. That's how you be an individual and a winner instead of a lefty whiner.
And Rush and Hannity are bought and paid for mouth pieces that do more to undermine the right than anything the liberals can do or say. Pay attention to what's going on around you and stop worrying about not rocking the boat

and you have something to back up the highlighted?

yes, I listen to the shows. They've never once disagreed with anything the Bush administration has done or said. Not once in the years I've been listening. O'Reilly is a Bush supporter, but he'll criticize when he disagrees. Democracy is built upon disaggreement
Agreeing with the President all of the time is bad. It makes people take them and the President less seriously because they're view as his mouthpieces, which they are. They offer no insight they simply agree with what comes out of the White House.
If you would like Republicans to be seen as mindless automatons (which is how we're seen by those with opposing political views), go ahead and support Rush and Hannity. There are plenty of conservative voices who can think for themselves and speak their minds and deserve your support, but I suppose it's very comforting to be told what you already believe.

patotool said:
yes, I listen to the shows. They've never once disagreed with anything the Bush administration has done or said. Not once in the years I've been listening. O'Reilly is a Bush supporter, but he'll criticize when he disagrees. Democracy is built upon disaggreement
Agreeing with the President all of the time is bad. It makes people take them and the President less seriously because they're view as his mouthpieces, which they are. They offer no insight they simply agree with what comes out of the White House.
If you would like Republicans to be seen as mindless automatons (which is how we're seen by those with opposing political views), go ahead and support Rush and Hannity. There are plenty of conservative voices who can think for themselves and speak their minds and deserve your support, but I suppose it's very comforting to be told what you already believe.

You lie. Both have disagreed with the President/administration on immigration and medicare prescriptions, for two issues. Be gone!

I see nothing wrong with disagreement on this board, Kathianne. I know we're all on edge from last Thursday's massive failure. But this is not a time for us to be divisive. We can disagree without being dismissive. There's a difference between debating and fighting. Debate is good, fighting helps the other side. The left enjoys seeing us fight just like we like seeing the left fight each other. How does it help the Republican cause for you to say "Be Gone."
It may be empowering for you to be flippant, but disagreement strengthens Democracy, and if we disagree we should do it intelligently. Is this board about discussion or patting each other on the back for agreement and being sarcastic toward those who might disagree?
If you can come up with a legitimate, intelligent argument I would be happy to debate you on it. But if you're just going to say "Be gone" you're just being childish and admitting that you can't argue you're point.

Now, I've never heard Hannity or Rush disagree with anything Bush has said or done. I would be happy to admit that I'm wrong if you can prove it. I listen to at least part of their shows about three times a week, for years. If you have proof of what you said, let's see documentation, a quote and a date and a source for where you got your facts. Anybody could just make something like that up, but having facts is what wins an argument. Maybe the president should learn that!

I would happily admit I'm wrong if somebody would prove it. But nobody has yet, so, let's see some documented evidence. I'm not going to spend every minute listening to these shows, I guess that makes me a "seminar caller," whatever that is. I'm a little too old to keep up with the trendy lingo.
I like to know what they're up to, but I like a little more substance when I listen to talk shows.
But, I hope I'm wrong and they actually are helping instead of hurting our cause, but I REALLY don't think that that's the case.
I'm not really sure why I'm being attacked. I expected more of a free and friendly exchange of ideas in this chat room. The things I'm saying are what Republicans believed back in Reagan's day. I guess I can't keep up with you trendy "compassionate conservatives."

patotool said:
I'm not going to spend every minute listening to these shows, I guess that makes me a "seminar caller," whatever that is. I'm a little too old to keep up with the trendy lingo.

How can you make such wrongfull and general exucation of two radio shows claiming that are bought and paid for mouth pieces if you don't even listen to them. If you have spent anytime listening you would know what is meant by the term "seminar caller". It is not a trendy word rather an unfortunate occurance on such talk shows. Again you have shown yourself to be representative of something you are not.

patotool said:
I see nothing wrong with disagreement on this board, Kathianne. I know we're all on edge from last Thursday's massive failure. But this is not a time for us to be divisive. We can disagree without being dismissive. There's a difference between debating and fighting. Debate is good, fighting helps the other side. The left enjoys seeing us fight just like we like seeing the left fight each other. How does it help the Republican cause for you to say "Be Gone."
Hello loser. You just outted yourself.

It may be empowering for you to be flippant, but disagreement strengthens Democracy, and if we disagree we should do it intelligently. Is this board about discussion or patting each other on the back for agreement and being sarcastic toward those who might disagree?
If you can come up with a legitimate, intelligent argument I would be happy to debate you on it. But if you're just going to say "Be gone" you're just being childish and admitting that you can't argue you're point.
if you haven't noticed that I'm not the most popular member here, well tells all of us something. When I say 'be gone' it's because you are not worth arguing with. You are a troll, poser, what have you.

Now, I've never heard Hannity or Rush disagree with anything Bush has said or done. I would be happy to admit that I'm wrong if you can prove it. I listen to at least part of their shows about three times a week, for years. If you have proof of what you said, let's see documentation, a quote and a date and a source for where you got your facts. Anybody could just make something like that up, but having facts is what wins an argument. Maybe the president should learn that!
Hey a hole, the onus is on you! Called you out first.

I have to admit, I'm thoroughly confused. I'm not big into buzz words, I'm more of a traditionalist.
Like I said I listen about three days a week to about half of their shows just to keep up with what they're saying and that's already way too much. I'd be ashamed to say I listened to anything more than that. There's a lot more to life than talk shows. It's brain candy as far as I'm concerned and they go to commercials way too much. Completely unlistenable for the most part. occasionally a little bit entertaining in a low brow way. I like to learn something if I listen to talk, otherwise I might as well just listen to music and be entertained.
Again, I was looking for more of an exchange of ideas in this room and It seems to be mostly towing the party line.
I'm sorry if that sounds cruel or if I'm insulting your sacred cows, but I'm from the old school where we call them as we see them and I don't believe anybody is above criticism, especially if they're hurting the conservative cause like these talking heads.
If this is the Conservative mentality we better get ready for President Kerry and eventually another President Clinton.

patotool said:
I have to admit, I'm thoroughly confused. I'm not big into buzz words, I'm more of a traditionalist.
Like I said I listen about three days a week to about half of their shows just to keep up with what they're saying and that's already way too much. I'd be ashamed to say I listened to anything more than that. There's a lot more to life than talk shows. It's brain candy as far as I'm concerned and they go to commercials way too much. Completely unlistenable for the most part. occasionally a little bit entertaining in a low brow way. I like to learn something if I listen to talk, otherwise I might as well just listen to music and be entertained.
Again, I was looking for more of an exchange of ideas in this room and It seems to be mostly towing the party line.
I'm sorry if that sounds cruel or if I'm insulting your sacred cows, but I'm from the old school where we call them as we see them and I don't believe anybody is above criticism, especially if they're hurting the conservative cause like these talking heads.
If this is the Conservative mentality we better get ready for President Kerry and eventually another President Clinton.

That's cool. You don't know what you were professing to be an 'expert' on. We get it! Loser.

patotool said:
I would happily admit I'm wrong if somebody would prove it. But nobody has yet, so, let's see some documented evidence. I'm not going to spend every minute listening to these shows, I guess that makes me a "seminar caller," whatever that is. I'm a little too old to keep up with the trendy lingo.
I like to know what they're up to, but I like a little more substance when I listen to talk shows.
But, I hope I'm wrong and they actually are helping instead of hurting our cause, but I REALLY don't think that that's the case.
I'm not really sure why I'm being attacked. I expected more of a free and friendly exchange of ideas in this chat room. The things I'm saying are what Republicans believed back in Reagan's day. I guess I can't keep up with you trendy "compassionate conservatives."

Thats not the point. you dont have to listen to every second of every show to know where they disagree with the President at. you lied. Plain and simple. you got caught and now your back pedalling.

Did you watch the debate? Did you pay attention to anything John Kerry said or are you one of those superficial voters who voted based on appearances. Yeah Bush wasnt at the top of his game the other night. Reagan wasnt on the top of his game the first debate either. So what? the question is John kerry totally blew his opportunity in the debate.

He flip flopped a number of times that evening. the Republicans have already compiled a video of the flip flops from that evening. and then didnt even use all of them. What do the democrats have? a number of scowls from President Bush. nothing of substance. Can you blame him? kerry lied atleast 17 times in the debate. The man is willing to offer nuclear fuel to Iran, a nation who has openly been our enemy for the past 25 years. its embarassing to even be running against John Kerry. The fact that a candidate for President of the United states who has to lie to make his case is pathetic and shows how low the Democrat party has sunk.

Your being attacked because your a troll. your pretending to be someone you arent. you lied and were caught in your lie. you can try to act completely self righteous about being cause as though no one can disagree with us but thats not true. plenty of people disagree with us. But if you are going to pretend to be a republican, make accusations, then lie when called upon you have no credibility.

you can "call me out" all you want, Kathianne. But you don't make a single debatable point (other than telling me I'm not worth arguing with as you're arguing with me). Furthermore you're writing is borderline illiterate. Curse words do not win arguments. That type of arguing came into being with the likes of Abby Hoffman and other 1960's radicals. Is that what you want to sound like, Kathianne?
I think the right is better than that, don't you?

patotool said:

Now, I've never heard Hannity or Rush disagree with anything Bush has said or done. I would be happy to admit that I'm wrong if you can prove it. I listen to at least part of their shows about three times a week, for years. If you have proof of what you said, let's see documentation, a quote and a date and a source for where you got your facts.

Rush Limbaugh Archive

Remember This, Mr. President?

February 20, 2002

We went to the White House website and found something interesting titled "President Bush Outlines Campaign Reform Principles." In March of 2001, President Bush sent a letter to then-Senate Majority Leader Trent Lott, saying, "These principles represent my framework for accessing campaign finance reform legislation. I remain open to other ideas to meet shared goals. I'm hopeful that working together we can achieve responsible campaign finance reform." Bush outlined for Lott the six principles he wanted in a CFR bill. He said it must:

#1: Protect the rights of individuals to participate in democracy.
#2: Maintain strong political parties.
#3: Ban corporate and union soft money.
#4: Eliminate involuntary contributions.
#5: Require full and prompt disclosure.
#6: Promote fair, balanced constitutional approach.

Look at those six principles - which I pick apart in the audio clip below - and imagine that this bill does the opposite of each and every one. Yet it is said that the president's going to sign the bill? How can he do that despite the fact his own six requirements / requests have been blown to smithereens?

In 2000 Word was Read My Lips, I'll Veto CFR

After I read this item on the air, Kate O'Beirne of National Review Online reminded me of a key George W. Bush statement on ABC's This Week Needs David Brinkley on January 23, 2000. I checked on this, and have attached a transcript of Bush's reaction to a question on vetoing CFR right at the bottom of this page.

Then-Governor Bush was asked point-blank if he would veto McCain-Feingold or Shays-Meehan, and he said he would. So now the question is, "Will he?" After all, the president is popular because he is such an honest man. We point out daily that he's enjoying a great relationship with the American people precisely because of his integrity and honesty and overall decency. It's visible the moment you see him.

He has just risen above politics. He doesn't look like a man of that world.

I wonder if his advisors will remind him of this letter and this answer. He has a lot going on, and may have trouble remembering himself. There's actually little choice but to veto this anti-free speech, First Amendment-killing bill - especially when you consider that the president took an oath to "protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

In fact, the only one that has not taken an oath to defend and protect the Constitution - El Rushbo - is the only one actually doing so. Everybody who has taken that oath is either ignoring it or relying on the Supreme Court to bail them out. It's cowardly.
Link

You listen to part of the show at least 3 times a week for years? Bullshit!!

I'm not defending myself, I'm ashamed that I listen at all while I could be reading a good book. I just listen so that I can converse with those who do listen.

patotool said:
I'm not defending myself, I'm ashamed that I listen at all while I could be reading a good book. I just listen so that I can converse with those who do listen.

Go read your book and be gone.

I guess I will. I'm very disappointed. I thought that there would be a good discussion here. But there's just mindless sarcasm. And again, Kathianne, if I were you I'd go back to school and learn to write English properly, you sound like illiterate street trash. No wonder Liberals think they're so much smarter than us. You're giving us a bad reputation. Just because the President can't communicate doesn't mean you have to sound foolish!
I've tried to give my opinion without being insulting. But, I'm more of a Reagan Republican I guess and there's not a lot of room for us here. The old party is gone and has turned its back on Reagan's ideals and I want less and less to do with it.
My first message might be wrong, writing back and forth with you people has convinced me that Kerry will in fact win because I can read the fear and desperation between the lines of what you're writing. That's clearly why you attack so easily...you're nervous. You should take strength in the message being right rather than starting to panic.
I've been reading this board for a long time and it was never this way before the debate. We're going to lose because deep down you people are afraid of the left, and that's foolish and sad.

The fact is, toolboy, that they both have points of disagreement with bush, on various issues. You don't know what you're talking about.

New Topics

Forum List

Back