Republicans Sliding

has she enacted any legislation or vetod any that would support that claim?
She wants creationism taught in school and she want to make a constitutional amendment to ban same sex marriage.She also would not get back to the people who wanted to have an event for "coming out" day!
Just like Powell, Goldwater would not have liked what she stands for. He had enought sense not to run an ad simular to what the McCain camp has been about Ayers.

She wants creationism taught in school and she want to make a constitutional amendment to ban same sex marriage.
Just like Powell, Goldwater would not have liked what she stands for. He had enought sense not to run an ad simular to what the McCain camp has been about Ayers.
uh, NO, she doesnt
that is another LIE the moonbats have charged

and in fact Palin veto'd a bill that would have removed rights from gays

so, you dont like religious peoplke, even when they dont use their religion in their politics
When she ran for governor she talked about having creationism taught along side evolution, and making anti abortion laws. When she was mayor which I might add a city mayor cannot do anything about banning abortions or restict funding she handed out pink flyers about being anti abortion. She has been governor for two years and we all know you can't pass everything you want in the first two years. She might have not passed anything but she runs on her Christian values during elections.She also said the Irag war part of God's plan.
I have no problem with people are religious, my problem is with Christians thinking that it is there divine right to tell the rest of us what we are doing wrong and how to live our life. Why do so many republicans keep saying Obama is a muslim like it should matter if he is? She is feeding the fire!

Based on everything I've been reading, it's actually quite the opposite. Many people feel that the republican party, since it has been hijacked by the religious right, has no place for them. Maybe, instead of moralizing, conservatives should remember that conservatism doesn't mean legislating about what goes on in people's bedrooms.

That's because you only talk to lefty loons.

The conservative base of the party is fed up with the Republican..and it's not because it's moved right, but because it's moved right.

When she ran for governor she talked about having creationism taught along side evolution, and making anti abortion laws. When she was mayor which I might add a city mayor cannot do anything about banning abortions or restict funding she handed out pink flyers about being anti abortion. She has been governor for two years and we all know you can't pass everything you want in the first two years. She might have not passed anything but she runs on her Christian values during elections.She also said the Irag war part of God's plan.
I have no problem with people are religious, my problem is with Christians thinking that it is there divine right to tell the rest of us what we are doing wrong and how to live our life. Why do so many republicans keep saying Obama is a muslim like it should matter if he is? She is feeding the fire!

OMG! A woman who is pro-life!

Hang the bitch!

And essentially what you're saying is you don't mind if people are Christian...as long as they don't talk about it.

Sorry. Freedom of speech and all that. YOu don't get to blab on about killing babies and how it's all right and good..and yet deny Christians the right to discuss their belief in the sanctity of life and the existence of God. Doesn't work that way. Not in this country, despite the best efforts of the left to make it so.

OMG! A woman who is pro-life!

Hang the bitch!

And essentially what you're saying is you don't mind if people are Christian...as long as they don't talk about it.

Sorry. Freedom of speech and all that. YOu don't get to blab on about killing babies and how it's all right and good..and yet deny Christians the right to discuss their belief in the sanctity of life and the existence of God. Doesn't work that way. Not in this country, despite the best efforts of the left to make it so.
She can say what ever she wants to say! The whole arguement is Goldwater would not have endorsed her, she exactly what Goldwater was talking about in the quote I posted earlier. For Goldwater was Pro Choice!
And where did I say we should deny Christians their right to speak their mind, my point is they think they have the right to tell me how to live my life. What about my right to religious freedom. When they say Obama is a muslim they are saying it is not alright to be a muslim!

She wants creationism taught in school and she want to make a constitutional amendment to ban same sex marriage.

Goldwater was more of a libertarian.

I watched a documentary on Goldwater a few years back and he said in the early 1970s that one day, his party would consider him a liberal. Hence, the quote in my sig.

There is little doubt that the religious right has become influential in the GOP. I remember seeing a poll a year or two back that said that the largest self-identified group within the Republican Party were evangelicals, making up 34% of the membership.

I'm a Christian, albeit a lazy one, and I used to consider myself a Republican because I used to identify with the party's more libertarian, pro-business and fiscally responsible wing. Of those three, you can only say that the GOP is pro-business. You certainly cannot say they are libertarian, given their egregious encroachment on civil rights under the Bush administration. Religious conservatism is antithetical to libertarianism because it preaches a course of action based on doctrine that you are to adhere to, meaning that they will restrict your life based on their moral values.

They have also become fiscally reckless because of their religious zealotry on lower taxes regardless of any other fiscal consideration.

I have also become disillusioned with conservative ideologues, the Small Tent Republicans, driving out those who aren't True Believers and they have been branded RINOs. Well, okay, if you don't want me, I'll go vote for and give money to the other guy. Plus, many of their leaders are embarrassing.

Forum List

Back