Republicans showing their true colors and true intent

Bfgrn

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2009
41CERZKNYQL.jpg
]
Constitution_toilet_paper.jpg

Governor Rick Snyder (R-Mich.) and his Republican Reich will enact a law that would impose "financial martial law" upon struggling communities in the form of "financial managers" that would have the power to abrogate contracts at will and supersede the democratic process. There's been a lot of recent media attention focused on a similar disregard for the public will in Wisconsin, but what's happening in Michigan really makes Scott Walker look like an amateur.

Michigan Set To Enact Sweeping 'Financial Martial Law' Bill

Michigan lawmakers are on the verge of approving a bill that would enable the governor to appoint "emergency managers" -- officials with unilateral power to make sweeping changes to cities facing financial troubles.

Under the legislation, the Michigan Messenger reports, the governor could declare a "financial emergency" in towns or school districts. He could then appoint a manager to fire local elected officials, break contracts, seize and sell assets, eliminate services - and even eliminate whole cities or school districts without any public input.

Michigan bill would impose "financial martial law" - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.
Albert Camus

Last edited:
What part of "Michigan is Broke" don't libs get? There is no money, there is no bailout. You can't spend money you don't have. No one will lend money. the bondholders won't buy more bonds until the finances are sound.

Kudos for someone actually balancing a State Budget.

How is balancing the budget a bad thing?

I am a bit concerned about firing elected officials. But the law itself wasn't posted so there is no verification that it actually allows that.

Now redistricting elected officials out of a job, would be a different story. There is alot of waste in positions reated for political reasons rather than necessity.

Well Jethro, I'll take everything back, all you have to do is provide the Article and Section of the Constitution that gives a Governor the power to to fire local elected officials, break contracts, seize and sell assets, and eliminate services.

This should be easy Jethro, Republicans are strict Constitutionalists.

Well Jethro, I'll take everything back, all you have to do is provide the Article and Section of the Constitution that gives a Governor the power to to fire local elected officials, break contracts, seize and sell assets, and eliminate services.

Considering all local powers are delegated by the State, why wouldn't the Governor and other state officials have the ability to take back the power they previously delegated?

2 things to prove your point.

1) post the Bill in question so we can read it.

2) post the Michigan State Constitution so we can see if the Governor and the Legislature have the power or not.

41CERZKNYQL.jpg
]
Constitution_toilet_paper.jpg

Governor Rick Snyder (R-Mich.) and his Republican Reich will enact a law that would impose "financial martial law" upon struggling communities in the form of "financial managers" that would have the power to abrogate contracts at will and supersede the democratic process. There's been a lot of recent media attention focused on a similar disregard for the public will in Wisconsin, but what's happening in Michigan really makes Scott Walker look like an amateur.

Michigan Set To Enact Sweeping 'Financial Martial Law' Bill

Michigan lawmakers are on the verge of approving a bill that would enable the governor to appoint "emergency managers" -- officials with unilateral power to make sweeping changes to cities facing financial troubles.

Under the legislation, the Michigan Messenger reports, the governor could declare a "financial emergency" in towns or school districts. He could then appoint a manager to fire local elected officials, break contracts, seize and sell assets, eliminate services - and even eliminate whole cities or school districts without any public input.

Michigan bill would impose "financial martial law" - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.
Albert Camus

I don't think you missed any of the bullshit that you could have use.

MI is a DNC wasteland. Detroit is a blight. The people of MI voted the dims out and the reps in. Elections matter.

fyi moron; Obama has the most czars of any Pres that can do things that Congress should be doing and we have no imput.

Thanks for admitting you think obama is a Nazi.

I think you are wrong about that. But I can understand your concerns that if reps do this on the state level, it must be far worse on the Fed level.

I think it's number 10

fyi, moron, the Contitution does not run state governments.

Did you know that STATES have Constitutions as well? I'm sure his power to do what he did is in the State Constitution somewhere, as the Governor is Chief Executive of the State.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michigan_Constitution

Last edited:
From the drama queens own link

"An emergency manager would only be put in place if several other steps to save a city's finances failed, and Snyder has said in recent weeks that removing elected officials or breaking contracts would be a last resort for an emergency manager. In addition, the legislature would have the power to remove an emergency manager."

In other words, yet another liberal did not read the whole link, just the parts he wanted to hear.

How often have I heard some libertarian suggest

"Let's run the government like we do our businesses"

And these guys honestly think they are lovers of FREEDOM?!

MONARCHIES are the quintessential example o of running governments like PRIVATE BUSINESS, but apparently these folks don't know anything about history.

Considering all local powers are delegated by the State, why wouldn't the Governor and other state officials have the ability to take back the power they previously delegated?

"The United States shall guarantee to every state in the union a republican form of government"

2 things to prove your point.

1) post the Bill in question so we can read it.

2) post the Michigan State Constitution so we can see if the Governor and the Legislature have the power or not.

Those two items are not on The Daily Kos, Huffington Post or Media Matters websites, so he will be unable to post them......

Forum List

Back