Republicans see need to give Paul a voice

GuyPinestra

Jan 29, 2012
Rep. Ron Paul and his loyal band of supporters were uncharacteristically missing from the Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington last week — and high-profile Republican leaders say the party can't afford for that to happen in November if the GOP is to win the White House.

They pointed to, and applauded, the 76-year-old Texan's unique ability to attract young, independent and first-time voters, giving his campaign a consistent level of energy and enthusiasm that is sometimes lacking in the other presidential camps.

"It would be a dramatic error for the winning campaign to disavow Ron Paul's contributions to the process," said Al Cardenas, chairman of the American Conservative Union, which hosted the CPAC gathering. "I am a firm believer that Ron Paul has found a niche and found a movement that he wants to have a voice. It may not be a majority movement, but it's a growing movement. So, if we are smart, he's going to have his fair opportunity at convention, and a platform committee to have his points of views discussed and expressed.

He added, "Any winning campaign of the nomination, if it is not his, should embrace him and his followers if we are going to win in November."

Read more... Republicans see need to give Paul a voice - Washington Times

The vote fraud isn't discouraging Paul supporters, in fact it's doing quite the opposite. It's enraging us.

Even the RNC can see that.

Rep. Ron Paul and his loyal band of supporters were uncharacteristically missing from the Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington last week — and high-profile Republican leaders say the party can't afford for that to happen in November if the GOP is to win the White House.

They pointed to, and applauded, the 76-year-old Texan's unique ability to attract young, independent and first-time voters, giving his campaign a consistent level of energy and enthusiasm that is sometimes lacking in the other presidential camps.

"It would be a dramatic error for the winning campaign to disavow Ron Paul's contributions to the process," said Al Cardenas, chairman of the American Conservative Union, which hosted the CPAC gathering. "I am a firm believer that Ron Paul has found a niche and found a movement that he wants to have a voice. It may not be a majority movement, but it's a growing movement. So, if we are smart, he's going to have his fair opportunity at convention, and a platform committee to have his points of views discussed and expressed.

He added, "Any winning campaign of the nomination, if it is not his, should embrace him and his followers if we are going to win in November."

Read more... Republicans see need to give Paul a voice - Washington Times

The GOP is going to lose so it doesn't matter. Not that Ron Paul ever did.

I highly doubt that Newt/Santorum or Mitt will be able to get us Paul supporters on thier side just by saying a few nice words to win our vote... They all support big spending, more wars and hate the constitution.

I highly doubt that Newt/Santorum or Mitt will be able to get us Paul supporters on thier side just by saying a few nice words to win our vote... They all support big spending, more wars and hate the constitution.

I agree 100%. There'd better be some serious planks in the platform or I'm writing in Paul's name come November, just like I did in '08.

I agree 100%. There'd better be some serious planks in the platform or I'm writing in Paul's name come November, just like I did in '08.

Yeah, it would be very very hard to get me to vote for one of the Progressives or insaine religious bigot Santorum.

Forum List

Back