Republicans scold Liz Cheney

Again,Liz Cheney is not crazy. She is just expressing her own opinions. Maybe those who disagree with her are crazy? Who knows? See where that kind of rhetoric can take you? I think that most people actually agree with Liz Cheney on this stance though. Hey that's just my opinion though. ;)

My take is,some Republicans have scolded Cheney but not all have. This post is just more cherry-picking chit. Most people may actually agree with Liz Cheney in the end. Cherry-Picking a few Republicans disagreeing with her doesn't tell the complete story. Many Republicans and Democrats actually agree with Liz Cheney on her opinion. Why not discuss them? Everyone has an opinion and that's what makes America great. This post was contrived to make it seem like everyone disagrees with Liz Cheney. That's just not the case though. The woman gave her opinion and everyone is entitled to theirs as well. The People will decide who they agree with in the end and that's the way it should be. America at its finest.

So your take on the subject is not actually about the subject, but how people who disagree with her were highlighted in the article...

What is your take on the subject itself? And why do you have that take?

Again,Liz Cheney is not crazy. She is just expressing her own opinions. Maybe those who disagree with her are crazy? Who knows? See where that kind of rhetoric can take you? I think that most people actually agree with Liz Cheney on this stance though. Hey that's just my opinion though. ;)

We should all make a note of Libocalypso's sudden benevolence towards the opinions of others. :lol::lol:

No i see it,but you just didn't make much sense the way you stated it. I think i made myself clear. You tried to portray it like everyone,even Republicans,disagreed with Liz Cheney. My point is that a few Republicans did disagree with Cheney but most actually agreed with her. Even a lot of Democrats agreed with her as well. She gave her opinion but it was hardly as unpopular as you tried to claim it was. A free exchange of ideas and opinions is exactly what America is about. The People can decide for themselves in the end. They don't need Cherry-Picking propaganda to decide for them.

No..I didn't. I posted the article and then stated that I had tried to tell the republicans that she was as crazy as her dad. I never tried to portray the idea that everyone, even republicans disagreed with her. If that's what you got, then you've only yourself to blame on that one.

BTW, I still don't think you see it (and I think that because you've conveniently side stepped it)......LOL

In other words you expressed your opinion about LC, just as she expressed her opinion about the lawyers. Some will agree with you, some will agree with LC, and some might even agree with both. Pretty much what others have been trying to get through your thick skull.

Those appointment were just like so many others that aren't passing the smell test in the Obama administration. For instance Jim Matheson, Democrat Congressman from Utah, has been on the fence on the healthcare bill. Obama recently appointed Jim's brother, Scott, to the federal court, and that happened to be on the very same day that Jim agreed to vote for the bill. Coincidence? Does that pass the smell test with you? Would Liz Cheney be 'crazy' if she suggested that the President sold a judgeship for votes?

That no attorneys have been employed by the White House that have prosecuted terrorists, and a bunch of those who have defended them have been hired, also should raise eyebrows with anybody. Questioning or criticism of that doesn't make Liz Cheney crazy, nor anybody else.

My take is,some Republicans have scolded Cheney but not all have. This post is just more cherry-picking chit. Most people may actually agree with Liz Cheney in the end. Cherry-Picking a few Republicans disagreeing with her doesn't tell the complete story. Many Republicans and Democrats actually agree with Liz Cheney on her opinion. Why not discuss them? Everyone has an opinion and that's what makes America great. This post was contrived to make it seem like everyone disagrees with Liz Cheney. That's just not the case though. The woman gave her opinion and everyone is entitled to theirs as well. The People will decide who they agree with in the end and that's the way it should be. America at its finest.

See how rational and lucid you try to be with republicans? What happens when we change the subject to Obama? You lose your mind and all of this calm perspective you're showing here.

Well at least you acknowledged he is rational and lucid in his statement here. And that's what counts here. Whether or not he is rational and lucid anywhere else is quite irrelevent to the statement being discussed here.

You might want to re-read what I posted. I acknowledged his attempt at rationality. Not that his post was rational. One day you guys are going to learn to read whats actually there and not what you want it to be.

No i see it,but you just didn't make much sense the way you stated it. I think i made myself clear. You tried to portray it like everyone,even Republicans,disagreed with Liz Cheney. My point is that a few Republicans did disagree with Cheney but most actually agreed with her. Even a lot of Democrats agreed with her as well. She gave her opinion but it was hardly as unpopular as you tried to claim it was. A free exchange of ideas and opinions is exactly what America is about. The People can decide for themselves in the end. They don't need Cherry-Picking propaganda to decide for them.

No..I didn't. I posted the article and then stated that I had tried to tell the republicans that she was as crazy as her dad. I never tried to portray the idea that everyone, even republicans disagreed with her. If that's what you got, then you've only yourself to blame on that one.

BTW, I still don't think you see it (and I think that because you've conveniently side stepped it)......LOL

In other words you expressed your opinion about LC, just as she expressed her opinion about the lawyers. Some will agree with you, some will agree with LC, and some might even agree with both. Pretty much what others have been trying to get through your thick skull.

You people simply have reading comprehension problems.

In our system of justice, yes, IMO, you are crazy when you attack lawyers because they defend people.......even accused terrorists. For the system to even have a chance to work, lawyers have to be free to defend accused criminals without being subject to political reprisals. They only way you're not crazy is if it's your intent to destroy the current criminal justice system.

LOL...you're Exhibit A of that opinion.

LOL...you're Exhibit A of that opinion.

Coming from someone who can't read (and you can't), I consider that a compliment.

In our system of justice, yes, IMO, you are crazy when you attack lawyers because they defend people.......even accused terrorists. For the system to even have a chance to work, lawyers have to be free to defend accused criminals without being subject to political reprisals. They only way you're not crazy is if it's your intent to destroy the current criminal justice system.

Liz however says that she didn't attack lawyers because they defended people. She didn't attack the lawyers at all. She did question having lawyers who defended terrorist writing the rules for how terrorists would be interrogated and tried when prosecutors were not included among that advisory group. Conflict of interest? Maybe, maybe not. But if you're gonna hang Liz, at least hang her for a crime she has committed.

A group that includes leading conservative lawyers and policy experts, former Independent Counsel Kenneth Starr and several senior officials of the last Bush administration is denouncing as “shameful” Republican attacks on lawyers who came to the Obama Justice Department after representing suspected terrorists.

Senate Republicans have demanded details of the lawyers' past work and Liz Cheney’s group “Keep America Safe” has questioned their “values." A drumbeat of Republican criticism forced the Justice Department reluctantly to identify seven of them last week. But the harshness of the criticism – Keep America Safe labeled a group of them the “Al Qaeda Seven” — has provoked a backlash from across the legal establishment.

“We consider these attacks both unjust to the individuals in question and destructive of any attempt to build lasting mechanisms for counterterrorism adjudications,” wrote the 19 lawyers whose names were attached to the statement as of early Monday.

The statement cited John Adams’s defense of British soldiers charged in the Boston Massacre to argue that “zealous representation of unpopular clients” is an important American tradition.

Republicans scold Liz Cheney - Yahoo! News

.....And, Keith-O just got-in a well-deserved <SMACK>!!!

"Madame, who in the hell do you think you're talking to?" said Olbermann, after reading her press release. "The negligence, dereliction of duty and nonfeasance of your father led directly to this country having to absorb a terrorist attack. To quote you, your father and Mr. Bush failed to use every tool at their disposal to find, defeat, capture, and kill terrorists and were unwilling or unable to do what it takes to keep this nation safe."

dick_liz_cheney_deferment.jpg

Forum List

Back