Republicans say: GE paid no taxes! What is their point?

Are repubs for more taxes with that statement? Are they for more taxes just on GE with that statement?

One wolf points at another and screams "He ate...A SHEEP!" as he pulls the wool out of his own teeth

The point is progressives consistently argue for higher taxes but only for those corporations that aren't in the democrats pocket...

Who are these dems that are saying "oh happy day! GE paid nothing"? (even tho they did)

Yes, double taxation on shareholders is both unfair and a job killer

What double taxation?

A corporation makes a profit.

- The profit is taxed as corporate tax

- Shareholders pay taxes on the same money again when they take their earnings as dividends or capital gains.

Same money taxed twice, hence the term...double...taxation.

Or were you referring to that it's taxed again when they spend it and it's triple taxation?

That's not "double taxation". Those are two different revenue streams.

Don't ever get into finance..or at least take some courses first.

If a Republican President hired GE CEO Jeffrey Immelt as their "Jobs Czar",you can bet the farm the Left/Democrats would be screeching for investigations and possible Impeachment 24/7. Their defense of this President's blatant corrupt cronyism really is very distasteful. But Par for the Course i guess.

Really now.

Cheney..and ex oil man..and Bush and ex oil man..held secret government meetings with oil men..and shortly after an oil rich country..Iraq..was invaded and conquered.

Shortly after that..energy companies made more profit then every capitalistic venture in the history of capitalism..combined.

Go ahead. Try again.

And "Czars" were started by Nixon. A conservative hero.

You seriously can't process the point that Democrats have a double standard? You seriously think the point is that Republicans wanted GE to be taxed? What I like is when you turn around and call Republicans clueless.

Democrats attack corporations, well, except GE, they support Obama. It's a double standard. That is the point, not the idiocy you just vomited.

Quite the opposite.

Conservatives want to break the very things that allows American Businesses to be the most sucessful in the world.

Our government, our educated population..and our infrastructure.

Asked and answered, you cannot process it. Thank you sir. When Republicans criticize Democrats for attacking corporations for not paying taxes, but point out they don't attack GE because their CEO is a big Obama supporter, they are advocating taxing GE. Hmm...no now they want to break the system.

Dude, you're a hoot. BTW, if you were right, you'd address the point rather then evading it.

What answer?

Oh here..

My goal is to cut government in half in twenty-five years, to get it down to the size where we can drown it in the bathtub.
Grover Norquist

That's the new Conservative king. No one elected him. Conservatives pledged fealty to him. And the hooligans are involved in shutting down government..yet again..for nonsense.

Anyone who follows Norquist deserves to be defeated. Libertarianism is as evil as fascism on the right or communism on the left.

If a Republican President hired GE CEO Jeffrey Immelt as their "Jobs Czar",you can bet the farm the Left/Democrats would be screeching for investigations and possible Impeachment 24/7. Their defense of this President's blatant corrupt cronyism really is very distasteful. But Par for the Course i guess.

Really now.

Cheney..and ex oil man..and Bush and ex oil man..held secret government meetings with oil men..and shortly after an oil rich country..Iraq..was invaded and conquered.

Shortly after that..energy companies made more profit then every capitalistic venture in the history of capitalism..combined.

Go ahead. Try again.

Just more deflection and defending the indefensible. GE Outsources Thousands of American Jobs and pays no Taxes at all. Yet GE CEO Jeffrey Immelt is this President's "Jobs Czar?" Yea you go ahead and keep defending that. But it's still corrupt cronyism at its worst. How many sweet deals have gone GE's way from this White House? That should be investigated thoroughly. And if this President had an 'R' by his name,you Left/Democrats would be howling for that 24/7. Something is definitely wrong with this picture. The People deserve answers.

Lib, nobody really cares except you and seven other people.

Ron Paul doesn't care.

Move along.

Really now.

Go ahead. Try again.

Just more deflection and defending the indefensible. GE Outsources Thousands of American Jobs and pays no Taxes at all. Yet GE CEO Jeffrey Immelt is this President's "Jobs Czar?" Yea you go ahead and keep defending that. But it's still corrupt cronyism at its worst. How many sweet deals have gone GE's way from this White House? That should be investigated thoroughly. And if this President had an 'R' by his name,you Left/Democrats would be howling for that 24/7. Something is definitely wrong with this picture. The People deserve answers.

What deflection?

I just showed you a much worse situation that Conservatives not only approved of..but cheered.

There were plently of people that weren't elected or even Czars..making decisions about the energy policy of this country..and they were beyond being held accountable. In fact..they made these decisions in secret.

We know who Jeffery Immelt is..the meetings he has are transparent and public record.

I prefer that to secret meetings.

Ron Paul doesn't care.

Move along.

More than seven people care. I assure you of that. This cozy relationship between GE and this White House could very well be criminal. I support full investigations. How many sweet deals did this White House steer GE's way? It's a fair and very important question.

Ron Paul doesn't care.

Move along.

More than seven people care. I assure you of that. This cozy relationship between GE and this White House could very well be criminal. I support full investigations. How many sweet deals did this White House steer GE's way? It's a fair and very important question.

Well you should be able to name them.

I did with the Energy industry.

Iraq war.
Oil subsidies.
Oil tax breaks.

All that led to big oil making obscenely historic profits...and strange enough?

You aren't calling for ANY investigations into that..or the secret meetings.

And LOTS OF REAL LIVE PEOPLE DIED.

You bias is on your sleeve..chief.

Don't ever get into finance..or at least take some courses first.
A better idea is for you never to own a business and use liberal finance because it only works when you can spend other people's money and use guns to force them to give it to you. When anyone but government does that...they go to jail...

Last edited:
That's not "double taxation". Those are two different revenue streams

I see, when you tax the same money twice, it's not double taxation, it's two different "revenue streams" coming from the same money. To a liberal double taxation by any other name would smell just as sweet...

Jeez...must be a secret who these libs are that are defending GE paying no taxes (even tho they did):doubt:

Jeez...must be a secret who these libs are that are defending GE paying no taxes (even tho they did):doubt:

Where's rightwinger when you need him? He keeps using the term "strawman" wrong. I wanted to show him an example of an actual strawman argument.

No one said liberals are defending GE. We said they aren't attacking them like they do other corporations because Imault's an Obamabot. Not criticizing does not equal "defending." This is what it's like arguing with liberals because you can't grasp or address an actual argument. Then again, liberal's illogical and it doesn't work, so I see why you wouldn't want to.

Where's rightwinger when you need him? He keeps using the term "strawman" wrong. I wanted to show him an example of an actual strawman argument.

No one said liberals are defending GE. We said they aren't attacking them like they do other corporations because Imault's an Obamabot. Not criticizing does not equal "defending." This is what it's like arguing with liberals because you can't grasp or address an actual argument. Then again, liberal's illogical and it doesn't work, so I see why you wouldn't want to.

Shit, I think you dropped into the thread

Are repubs for more taxes with that statement? Are they for more taxes just on GE with that statement?

One wolf points at another and screams "He ate...A SHEEP!" as he pulls the wool out of his own teeth
If GE didn't pay any taxes in to this nation, no company should. Or GE needs to pony up their fair share.

If GE didn't pay any taxes in to this nation, no company should. Or GE needs to pony up their fair share.

Yeah, not being taxed is such a problem in this country... :cuckoo:

So the only taxes you count are "corporate" taxes? All the other ones don't count?

So the only taxes you count are "corporate" taxes? All the other ones don't count?
Don't be stupid, and don't bite every hand that moves. The issue was corporate taxes, and they hypocrisy of the tax structure based on buddy buddy loopholes and other market tampering to pick winners and losers.

The only point is this. If GE wants to continue to share the American experience, GE needs to pay taxes.

The excellent irony here is that for all the Right's complaining about GE's tax breaks, loopholes, credits, whatever,

the GOP's Norquist pledge deems any removal of any of them a tax increase, and therefore GE is effectively protected BY the Republicans.

You seriously can't process the point that Democrats have a double standard? You seriously think the point is that Republicans wanted GE to be taxed? What I like is when you turn around and call Republicans clueless.

Democrats attack corporations, well, except GE, they support Obama. It's a double standard. That is the point, not the idiocy you just vomited.

The same people that pissed and moaned about VP Dick Cheney and Halliburton for 8 years defend GE and Obama.

Don't be stupid, and don't bite every hand that moves. The issue was corporate taxes, and they hypocrisy of the tax structure based on buddy buddy loopholes and other market tampering to pick winners and losers.

I was with you on nobody should pay corporate taxes. But using the term "fair share" in regard to anything regarding taxes in this country is just tripping. With our current system, everyone should pay as close to zero as they can. Our government is oppressive and immoral. GE paying zero corporate taxes is their fair share. Immault being His Highness's hand maiden doesn't mean the rest of the company should be punished for it.

Forum List

Back