Republicans say: GE paid no taxes! What is their point?

GE isnt a liberal, or a pretty girl or a rebellious teenager. Its a corporation, a bomb making corporation. The definition of liberal must have changed recently....or someone is full of it

We say it to point out the left's hypocrisy. You say it's damn near criminal that companies legally avoid taxes...but not a peep about GE, who happens to be BFF with the Boi King.

I guess some animals are more equal than others, huh?

um as far as facts are concerned we dont know if GE paid taxes or not. We cant see their files.

We have one side saying they got 3 Billion in refunds, And then we have a spokens person for GE saying they paid taxes.

There is no Hypocrisy because their is no evidence to say what really happened.
Uh huh. Riiiiight.

Daveboy knows, and daveboy will post their tax return. Riiiiiigt daveboy?

Are repubs for more taxes with that statement? Are they for more taxes just on GE with that statement?

One wolf points at another and screams "He ate...A SHEEP!" as he pulls the wool out of his own teeth

Just pointing out that GE, the darling of Obama and his lemmings, pay no taxes... as they whine about tax breaks for "Big Oil" etc.

It's about the hypocrisy of the tax and spend liberals. Personally, I'm for doing away with many tax breaks for corporate America.

Naw.

It's more like shooting yourself in the foot. It was the New York Times that broke that story..and Conservatives continue to parade it around like some badge of courage.

However, they are willing to fight tooth and nail to keep GE (or any other wealthy multi-national conglomerate) from paying their fair share of taxes to a system that fostered their wealth in the first place.

What it means is liberals are hippocrites. It's old news though, thats why you don't understand.

GE are liberals? GE the company that supply bombs are peaceniks? I thought they were a corporation first and foremost and they are only concerned with the bottom line. Dont you know how corporations work?
they are getting special treatment [PAID]to back left wing policies this needs to be investigated by the ethics comity.i am not against taxes just unfair taxes.this goes to show how filthy, dirty ,hypocritical,and dishonest this administration is.i wonder how high this goes in government??this could be another problem for the left.....HOW STUPID DO YOU THINK AMERICANS ARE??DON"T MAKE THE MISTAKE OF UNDERESTIMATING OUR INTELLECT AND GROUP US IN WITH YOUR IGNORANT EMOTIONAL LEFT WING BASE.......ENJOY YOUR POWER WHILE IT LASTS>THE LEFT WILL TAKE A LONG TIME RECOVERING FROM THE ELECTION IN 2012!!!:clap2:

Last edited:
Are repubs for more taxes with that statement? Are they for more taxes just on GE with that statement?

One wolf points at another and screams "He ate...A SHEEP!" as he pulls the wool out of his own teeth

Just pointing out that GE, the darling of Obama and his lemmings, pay no taxes... as they whine about tax breaks for "Big Oil" etc.

It's about the hypocrisy of the tax and spend liberals. Personally, I'm for doing away with many tax breaks for corporate America.

Well, they must not have Corporate Jets (as if) and they aren't an oil company, so that makes them not paying taxes okay.

Naw.

It's more like shooting yourself in the foot. It was the New York Times that broke that story..and Conservatives continue to parade it around like some badge of courage.

However, they are willing to fight tooth and nail to keep GE (or any other wealthy multi-national conglomerate) from paying their fair share of taxes to a system that fostered their wealth in the first place.

Wait a minute..Are you saying that repubs are going on the word of a lying liberal paper like the Times to support their attacks against a evil liberal bomb supplier GE.

This is confusing....either way, Repubs still support GE for not paying taxes that is why I dont understand why they try to use that as a strike against taxes...or something

Naw.

Wait a minute..Are you saying that repubs are going on the word of a lying liberal paper like the Times to support their attacks against a evil liberal bomb supplier GE.

This is confusing....either way, Repubs still support GE for not paying taxes that is why I dont understand why they try to use that as a strike against taxes...or something

This might explain it..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmE-fh6oqJ4&feature=related]‪Disturbed - Land Of Confusion‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Yes and I still dont get your point. Please explain clearly...

One of GE's subsidiaries is an outlet promoting "tax the rich" "tax business" nearly 24/7. The fact the parent company is not is hypocriticial.
I've said here before that if anyone believes they are not paying enough in taxes, the IRS I am sure accepts donations.
Or is it only other people who aren't paying their "fair share"?

Ok, so you believe it's hypocritical but the fact that repubs are complaining about it while being in favor of companies dodging taxes is hypocrit...reasonable?:cool:

well then to satisfy your demanding personality let's agree that GE pays no taxes and neither should any other corporation.. do you agree? TIA.

Correct sir, you don't understand. Republicans are pointing out that Democrats rip evil corporations for not paying taxes, then they give Jeffy a pass because he's a big Obama supporter. The point is about the...double standard....of the left. Not that confusing, how can you not understand that exactly?

One of GE's subsidiaries is an outlet promoting "tax the rich" "tax business" nearly 24/7. The fact the parent company is not is hypocriticial.
I've said here before that if anyone believes they are not paying enough in taxes, the IRS I am sure accepts donations.
Or is it only other people who aren't paying their "fair share"?

Ok, so you believe it's hypocritical but the fact that repubs are complaining about it while being in favor of companies dodging taxes is hypocrit...reasonable?:cool:

well then to satisfy your demanding personality let's agree that GE pays no taxes and neither should any other corporation.. do you agree? TIA.

I agree!

um as far as facts are concerned we dont know if GE paid taxes or not. We cant see their files.

We have one side saying they got 3 Billion in refunds, And then we have a spokens person for GE saying they paid taxes.

Uh huh. Riiiiight.

guess i get to make you look like a fool again.
Actually, GE is paying taxes for 2010 « Hot Air

^^rightwing site.

The truth about GE's tax bill - Fortune Features

I doubt you will read the links, because then you would have to admit i am right, but i too once thought GE got a tax refund of billions and in the end was wrong. We just dont know what the actual facts are.

But then again i am an honest person and can admit when i am wrong.
Something i doubt you will, nor anyone else for that matter.

"So how did the Times get the story so wrong? Well, thanks to a ludicrous American tax code, it’s extremely complicated to analyze any company’s tax liabilities even from the inside, let alone from the outside. The Times apparently got confused by a report showing a $3.2 billion “tax benefit” in 2010, which they mistook for an after-profit credit."

I assume this would never apply to anyother companies you claim pay no taxes though right?

See. its about hippocricy.

Naw.

GE shareholders pay taxes on dividends and capital gains, their employees pay income tax, they pay social security, medicare and unemployment taxes and they pay a myriad of endless government fees to do business. Corporate taxes should be abolished because they are double taxation on shareholders, but to say GE doesn't pay taxes is just disingenuous, they pay billions.

Uh huh. Riiiiight.

Daveboy knows, and daveboy will post their tax return. Riiiiiigt daveboy?
Your lack of awareness is not my responsibility.

General Electric Paid No Federal Taxes in 2010 - ABC News

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/25/business/economy/25tax.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

G.E. paid no taxes on $5.1 billion in profits | The Lookout - Yahoo! News

GE: 7,000 tax returns, $0 U.S. tax bill - Apr. 16, 2010

General Electric avoids paying tax entirely through dodges and incentives | Mail Online

Report: General Electric Paid No Federal Taxes Last Year : The Two-Way : NPR

Uh huh. Riiiiight.

^^rightwing site.

I doubt you will read the links, because then you would have to admit i am right, but i too once thought GE got a tax refund of billions and in the end was wrong. We just dont know what the actual facts are.

Okay, cool, looks like I was wrong. :)

The bastion of liberal media, The New York Times ("All The News That Fits Our Liberal Agenda") fucked up.

But it sure is funny seeing the left defend a huge corporation. :rofl:

^^rightwing site.

"So how did the Times get the story so wrong? Well, thanks to a ludicrous American tax code, it’s extremely complicated to analyze any company’s tax liabilities even from the inside, let alone from the outside. The Times apparently got confused by a report showing a $3.2 billion “tax benefit” in 2010, which they mistook for an after-profit credit."

I assume this would never apply to anyother companies you claim pay no taxes though right?

you are missing the part where GE stated they paid taxes.

They all pay taxes. Who isn't?

Man,where do we start? GE is a Corporation that Outsources Thousands of American Jobs. GE doesn't pay any Taxes at all. GE owns a part of NBC which is by far the biggest White House propagandist in the American Media. GE's CEO Jeffrey Immelt is this President's "Jobs Czar." Those are just a few points. This very close GE/White House relationship needs to be fully investigated. How many sweet deals have been sent GE's way by this White House? In my opinion it's corrupt Cronyism at its worst. And im pretty sure if a Republican was in there right now,the Left/Democrats would be screeching for investigations and even Impeachment. Something is definitely wrong with this picture. Investigations need to happen.

Uh huh. Riiiiight.

^^rightwing site.

Hippo criters again? What does wildlife have to do with the issue?

Man,where do we start? GE is a Corporation that Outsources Thousands of American Jobs. GE doesn't pay any Taxes at all. GE owns a part of NBC which is by far the biggest White House propagandist in the American Media. GE's CEO Jeffrey Immelt is this President's "Jobs Czar." Those are just a few points. This very close GE/White House relationship needs to be fully investigated. How many sweet deals have been sent GE's way by this White House? In my opinion it's corrupt Cronyism at its worst. And im pretty sure if a Republican was in there right now,the Left/Democrats would be screeching for investigations and even Impeachment. Something is definitely wrong with this picture. Investigations need to happen.

I suggest you start by removing your head out of your ass, describing what the Republican Party has done in the past and Murdoch's Corporaton supporting Republicans, RINO and Radical, is too silly to even be called a lie. It's fantasy and not reality something, something you've been doing for so long I have no doubt you actually believe it.

The top 12 largest US corporations pay no taxes. You can thank the Republicans.

They should be proud. Isn't this what they wanted?

Forum List

Back