Republicans Response to Colorado Shooting: Cant do nothing

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010
There have been multiple threads but one thing remains the same. When you ask a republican what could be done to stop dangerous weapons from falling into the wrong hands there answer is:

Nothing...Do nothing...Nothing could be done....and nothing should be done.

Once again showing the deep problem solving skills of some of the righties here.

I expect wiwwow to add her deep political thinking that starts with "OMG!..." and ends with "Dems did it too, deal with it"

There have been multiple threads but one thing remains the same. When you ask a republican what could be done to stop dangerous weapons from falling into the wrong hands there answer is:

Once again showing the deep problem solving skills of some of the righties here.

Who, specifically, said do nothing? I think everyone in the theater should sue the crap out of Cinemark over their no guns policy.

The liberal Dumocraps' response to the Aurora shootings: We CAN do something completely irrelevant and dishonest and ultimately ineffectual. Yes. We can use this tragedy to once again try to put the nix on personal ownership of guns!

Who has the problem solving skills??

There are many level headed Dems that are saying the same thing.Evan Bayh says the exact same thing and he is right.

The guy showed NOTHING that would have prevented him from buying a gun,he did legally

what do YOU suggest thought police?

We know one thing for sure. A democrat administration authorized the shipment of 3,000 illegal weapons to Mexico in a convoluted plan that a kid in police rookie school would see as a likely failure and what did they do when the plan failed? They circled the wagons and refused to comply with a congressional investigation. Put the attorney general on trial for negligent homicide and then we will talk about it.

All republican opinions involve after-the-fact punitive measures rather than any kind of prevention other than hypothetical heroes with more guns, honestly, I feel most people lack the grit to shoot it out with an armored psychopath outside of fantasy scenarios discussed over brews at the gun club.

Who, specifically, said do nothing? I think everyone in the theater should sue the crap out of Cinemark over their no guns policy.

If you can find any idea of what can be done to keep dangerous weapons out of the hands of dangerous people I'd love to see it. So far not too many righties have even attempted to answer. Trust...I've asked several times.

If you can find any idea of what can be done to keep dangerous weapons out of the hands of dangerous people I'd love to see it. So far not too many righties have even attempted to answer. Trust...I've asked several times.

Your solution is taking guns out of the hands of everyone. Tell me how that is going to keep them out of the hands of people that are going to misuse them and you can then demand I come up with a solution, until them all you can do is pretend you have a point.

Essentially nothing will be done until people get fed up enough to over rule the gun lobby and enact common sense gun laws.

All republican opinions involve after-the-fact punitive measures rather than any kind of prevention other than hypothetical heroes with more guns, honestly, I feel most people lack the grit to shoot it out with an armored psychopath outside of fantasy scenarios discussed over brews at the gun club.

Its more common sense then "grit". In a darkened theater with tear gas all around..you are more likely to hit a civilian then the nut.

Yes the person who discounts executing convicted murders is going to counsel others on grit.

Grit is taking a bullet for a loved one cause you have no other choice because the city and theater banned your lawful gun permit. Know how many did that in the theater ?

what do YOU suggest thought police?

Yes, we need precogs.

415799-vlcsnap_00007_super.jpg

Last edited:

Yes the person who discounts executing convicted murders is going to counsel others on grit.

Grit is taking a bullet for a loved one cause you have no other choice because the city and theater banned your lawful gun permit. Know how many did that in the theater ?

The death penalty requires no courage of the general populace, just a callous willingness to let the state to kill people in their name. I have little problem with it in cases where guilt can be proven without a doubt, it's rest and the arbitrary way it is applied in a clearly racially biased way that trouble me.

No one can really say how they will react to such unexpected situations, armed or not, the adrenaline alone would preclude any semblance of a rational measured response. Most people would just shoot their gun empty in a matter of seconds without careful enough aim to avoid bystanders in a crowd situation, that's the hard truth that some simply refuse to face.

At what point would anyone have known that this young genius was going to crash and burn and go psycho?

Who has that crystal ball? He got a $26K grant, looked like everything was stellar and then his whole life fell apart and he went crazy.

Look at Norway and what happened there? Very strict gun laws and a psycho was still able to carry out mass murder.

If someone wants to commit mass murder, they're going to accomplish their goals whether it's with guns or another type of weapon.

Essentially nothing will be done until people get fed up enough to over rule the gun lobby and enact common sense gun laws.

Gun laws don't protect you from crazies or wanna be gangsters. We have very tight hand gun legislation but Toronto's exploding with gun violence this year.

And guess what? The gangsters don't follow the rules and the guns are illegal.

Forum List

Back