Republicans Ran on Jobs, Jobs, Jobs

I also find it rather amusing that people from the far left are asking why the Republicans haven't passed legislation to create jobs when they are faced with a Senate controlled by Harry Reid and Barack Obama waiting with his veto pen in hand over in the Oval Office. Just what did you expect them to pass?

What's going on right now with the debt ceiling is a perfect example. Obama calls on the Republicans to present him with a plan...then when they prepare to do so...he comes out and says he will veto it before it even hits his desk.

Just more smoke to hide their failed policies.

I also find it rather amusing that people from the far left are asking why the Republicans haven't passed legislation to create jobs when they are faced with a Senate controlled by Harry Reid and Barack Obama waiting with his veto pen in hand over in the Oval Office. Just what did you expect them to pass?

What's going on right now with the debt ceiling is a perfect example. Obama calls on the Republicans to present him with a plan...then when they prepare to do so...he comes out and says he will veto it before it even hits his desk.

Your Oh SO Right.

Shit Obama's spent the country into a 14 trillion dollar hole and now all of a sudden he wants to fix it??

As you say. Anything the Reps pass in the House will never make it through the Senate or by Barry's veto pen. Common Sense folks.

If this country defaults then we can blame Barry and his Treasury Secretary as they are the ones who will decide who gets payed and who doesn't.

Anyone think he would actually not pay the bondholders, the military, SS or Medicare??

He does want that second term.

Remember the stimulus that your President said was for "shovel ready jobs"? Do you remember that? What happened?

Most of the stimulus was for tax cuts that was supposed to create jobs...What happened to that AND the last decade of Bush Tax cuts? Where are the jobs? And dont tell me just "one more" tax cut

where have you been the last decade?

Example....

300 partner law firm..has a support staff of 80

5 switchboard operators replaced with voicemail and one recptionist
25 person research department replaced with boolean search engines and 2 research people
15 person copy center replaced with high tech copiers and 2 copy people
5 person mailroom replaced with email and one mailroom person

So 50 people was narrowed down to 6....

But the support staff remained at 80...which means the firm created other jobs within.

Seems plenty of jobs were created....you just werent patying attention......or do you just look at graphs with arrows?

Umm started with 80 ended with 80 = 0 net jobs created.

Is there some device that makes repubs forget they had total control of the govt during most of the 2000's?

Nothing is a repubs fault, recessions just happen... Like tornadoes. Except when it happens under dem control.

Lol@ being called closed minded because I said both parties failed. Jeez..

Democrats took control of the House and Senate in Jan 2007 until January of this year and had control of everything from Jan 2009 until Jan 2011.

You really need to stop your lying.

Huh 2000 to 2007 is the majority of the first decade of 2000.
I ask as well what did the repubs do to make things better?

Is there some device that makes repubs forget they had total control of the govt during most of the 2000's?

Nothing is a repubs fault, recessions just happen... Like tornadoes. Except when it happens under dem control.

Democrats took control of the House and Senate in Jan 2007 until January of this year and had control of everything from Jan 2009 until Jan 2011.

The GOP had the WH and a majority in both Houses from 2001-2006. Wasn't a super majority in the Senate though, in fact some of those years the numbers were close to even. So, 6 out of 10 years that wasn't really total control for most of the decade.

The biggest thing the repubs did was bring this country back from 9/11 and the ensuing fear that followed for some years. A person could make the argument that those Bush tax cuts helped usher in a decent period of growth until the bubble popped in 2008.

Now you're just being stupid...what part of most of the 2000's don't you get? Is the word most giving you problems?

They don't have to PASS anything especially when they haven't even PROPOSED anything. It's hard to pass something that doesn't exist ain't it.

"The Conservatives got their filthy hands on it. They cut the amount in half then put in all sorts of tax cuts. Then they voted against it.
Then the Conservative governors refused to use any stimulus money on infrastructure building..instead..they plugged holes in their budgets that were created because of Tax cuts. Then those very same guys were like...look at me ma! I balanced the budget without raising taxes!
SEE: Rick Perry."

Do you REALLY think you should be bringing up Texas and Rick Perry, Sallow? Not for nothing but Texas is one of the few places in the country where the economy is actually doing fairly well and it's because they haven't followed the progressives down the garden path.

Here's a stat to sink your teeth into...

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, of the 214,000 jobs created from August of 2009 until August of 2011, 119,000 of those jobs were created in Texas. Contrast that to California which during the past year has LOST 112,000 jobs. So you tell me, Sallow...who's doing a better job running their State? Rick Perry or Jerry Brown?

And for your edification...huge amounts of the so called "stimulus" was spent by liberal Governors keeping state workers on the payroll. Doing so didn't do a thing to stimulate job growth because as any first year economics student could tell you, the public sector can't stimulate real job growth because every dollar spent on the public sector has to be taken out of the private sector.

So what's happened two years later? It's quite simple really...the stimulus money is running out and now State's are laying off those very same government workers that they should have cut in the first place. All that money that COULD have stayed in the private sector to create "real" jobs was wasted propping up a bloated public sector.

Got it, so all those repubs that ran on jobs were lying? Dually noted oh willfully ignorant one
Nope.
They didnt run on "creating jobs"
They ran on "the democrats are so busy spending money to create jobs, they are not allwoing jobs to be created"
Thus why the "where are the jobs" questions.

You seem to want to read into it...seems to me you do not recall the debate of the stimulus....the DEMs were saying "we need to create jobs and the stimulus will do it"
The GOP was saying "let them do it themsleves...and the stimulus wont create squat"
But the dems said the GOP was wrong and they spent the money.
So now the GOP said "where are the jobs"

Why are you so jaded?

It is not rocket science.

Wow if you watch the video you will see that Grassley stated that creating jobs was his #1 priority...I guess he "misspoke" Thats what happens when you ignore evidence posted in the OP...you get everything wrong

Grassley is one of a hundred Senators and is in the minority party. He can want to pass legislation that would create jobs, but the majority party wouldn't vote for it if they even allowed it on the floor of the Senate for a vote.

The GOP had the WH and a majority in both Houses from 2001-2006. Wasn't a super majority in the Senate though, in fact some of those years the numbers were close to even. So, 6 out of 10 years that wasn't really total control for most of the decade.

The biggest thing the repubs did was bring this country back from 9/11 and the ensuing fear that followed for some years.
Considering they took us to 911, it only seems right they brought us back from 911.:eusa_angel:
A person could make the argument that those Bush tax cuts helped usher in a decent period of growth until the bubble popped in 2008.

If you are making the argument, bring on your facts showing a connection. Otherwise your blowing righty smoke signals.

Last edited:

Your Oh SO Right.

Shit Obama's spent the country into a 14 trillion dollar hole and now all of a sudden he wants to fix it??

As you say. Anything the Reps pass in the House will never make it through the Senate or by Barry's veto pen. Common Sense folks.

If this country defaults then we can blame Barry and his Treasury Secretary as they are the ones who will decide who gets payed and who doesn't.

Anyone think he would actually not pay the bondholders, the military, SS or Medicare??

He does want that second term.

Wow, Obama created the entire 14 trillion dollar debt? I didn't know. Thanks for clearing that up. He must have spent like six trillion over budget for at least two years.

The biggest thing the repubs did was bring this country back from 9/11 and the ensuing fear that followed for some years. A person could make the argument that those Bush tax cuts helped usher in a decent period of growth until the bubble popped in 2008.

Trillions in tax cuts for a "decent" period of growth? Not even a "good" period of growth? What about the millions of jobs that moved to China from 2001 to 2008? It was decent growth. For China.

And the Republicans brought the country back from fear. Playing on that fear had nothing to do with the Iraq debacle?

orange-alert.jpeg

"Wow, Obama created the entire 14 trillion dollar debt? I didn't know. Thanks for clearing that up. He must have spent like six trillion over budget for at least two years."

No, Obama took the debt from approx. 10.6 trillion to 14.3 trillion in two and a half years. If you examine the debt during the Bush two terms you'll note that for the first six years, when the Republicans had control of Congress the debt went from 5.7 trillion to 8.6 trillion. In the last two years of his second term, when the Democrats had control of Congress the debt went from 8.6 to 10.6 trillion. So with the Democrats controlling government we've gone from a deficit of 8.6 trillion to a deficit of 14.3 trillion. That isn't even addressing the looming costs of Obama Care that are about to kick in. If you look at deficit projections going forward it looks like the flight path of a jet at takeoff.

Oldstyle you aren't even considering the fact that Bush kept the war funding swords from the total budget. Obama combined the two instead of doing "emergency supplimentals"

Oh and the surplus Bush completely destroyed...

Last edited:
That would be a valid point if we were talking about budgets, Closed...but we're talking about deficits. The cost of war funding "is" included in the deficits that Bush ran up, even if it wasn't included in his budgets...just as the cost of funding for the wars that Obama has fought since taking office is included in his deficits.

That's never ever created jobs. What it creates are oceans of profit and lots of criminal activity.

What creates jobs is spending and building infrastructure.

Not in the private sector. Government doesn't create jobs. Business creates jobs.

the current reality is that around 1/3 of americans are supported by government checks either directly or indirectly.
How many jobs does military spending create?
How many jobs does food stamp spending create or keep? all of that money goes back into the grocery and food industry.
Same for unemployment money, it is all rolled back into the economy.
and on and on.
Ignore reality if you want, but I choose not to.

Is it time for you to explain how having most everything we buy made overseas creates more US jobs?

No shock that this post was treated like it has TB

That would be a valid point if we were talking about budgets, Closed...but we're talking about deficits. The cost of war funding "is" included in the deficits that Bush ran up, even if it wasn't included in his budgets...just as the cost of funding for the wars that Obama has fought since taking office is included in his deficits.

The drugs for votes bill was passed through reconciliation by Republicans. Every year it increased the deficit. The Bush tax cuts. Every year it increased the deficit. The revenue lost from millions of jobs moved overseas. Bush and the Republicans got the ball rolling. Democrats arrived after the momentum was in full swing. Right wingers are insane.

Chuck Grassley ran on jobs as the #1 priority - ‪Grassley: 2010 Election All About Jobs‬‏ - YouTube

154 Repubs go to the house floor asking "Where are the jobs?" - ‪House Republicans Ask: "Where are the Jobs?"‬‏ - YouTube

Now they are pretending they never ran on jobs.... :lol::doubt:

A little impatient are we? Democrats had four years with a majority in both houses of congress and a radical democrat in the white house for two of the four years. What did they accomplish? Fannie Mae collapsed while democrats were holding hearings about steroid use in baseball. Barry invented "Cash for Clunkers". How did that work out? He actually joked about the incredible failure of the stimulous by smirking "the shovel ready jobs weren't exactly shovel ready" Yuk Yuk. Republicans have been in the majority in congress for six months dealing with a dumbed down senate and a hostile former community activist in the white house. Give 'em a chance.

Once again, Rdean...I ask the obvious...

If all of these things you've blamed on Bush were in fact terrible for the country then why didn't the Democrats get rid of them when they had control of the Senate, House and Oval Office? I'm not expecting an answer from you on this by the way because no liberal has EVER given me an answer to that question. At best they try and say that it was because the Republicans "blocked" them from doing so which is a hoot since the Democrats had super majorities in both the Senate and House.

If you'd like to try and explain that though...I'd love to hear it.

Forum List

Back