Republicans Ran on Jobs, Jobs, Jobs

Wow if you watch the video you will see that Grassley stated that creating jobs was his #1 priority...I guess he "misspoke" Thats what happens when you ignore evidence posted in the OP...you get everything wrong

YO!

Wake up and get off your high horse.

It IS the number one priority of EVERY person in congress...onboth sides of the aisle.

The GOP wants to pass legislation that will help the private sector create jobs while the DEMS want to pass legislation that will allow government spending to create the jobs.

You just dont want to understand it becuase you are hell bent on calling the GOP a bunch of liars.

PAY ATTENTION and stop being jaded by your hatred for those that dont think the same as you.

Ok, I'm not jaded I just pay attention. These tax cuts Repubs want IN THE HOPES that they will create jobs, what it will do is keep making the rich richer and IF they create jobs...great. If they dont....great? We'll just take it from SSI or some other program for the public. That just doesnt make sense...

We've had a decade or more of "tax cuts will create jobs" rhetoric and it hasnt happened...in fact at the end of Bush's term we were losing a friggin TON of jobs...What happened? I dont know, but I dont want to repeat it again and again hoping this time it will work

So basically you're just jealous that some people have a lot of money and you want your share. Perhaps if you ask some wealthy person for a job they will let you work for them so you can earn your own money instead of whining and crying that your big brother needs it to give to you for your vote.

Nope.
They didnt run on "creating jobs"
They ran on "the democrats are so busy spending money to create jobs, they are not allwoing jobs to be created"
Thus why the "where are the jobs" questions.

You seem to want to read into it...seems to me you do not recall the debate of the stimulus....the DEMs were saying "we need to create jobs and the stimulus will do it"
The GOP was saying "let them do it themsleves...and the stimulus wont create squat"
But the dems said the GOP was wrong and they spent the money.
So now the GOP said "where are the jobs"

Why are you so jaded?

It is not rocket science.

Wow if you watch the video you will see that Grassley stated that creating jobs was his #1 priority...I guess he "misspoke" Thats what happens when you ignore evidence posted in the OP...you get everything wrong

YO!

It IS the number one priority of EVERY person in congress...onboth sides of the aisle.

The GOP wants to pass legislation that will help the private sector create jobs while the DEMS want to pass legislation that will allow government spending to create the jobs.

You just dont want to understand it becuase you are hell bent on calling the GOP a bunch of liars.

PAY ATTENTION and stop being jaded by your hatred for those that dont think the same as you.

B.S.--Republicans ran on cutting this insane spending and size and expansion of the Federal Government. They NEVER ONCE promised to borrow and SPEND taxpayer dollars to be "job creators."

Yes--JOBS are a major concern--but Republicans did not go out campaigning with a promise that you would get a job. They believe that by cutting the insanity--government spending--and the expansion of it--that the private sector will get more confidence to borrow and expand their own businesse's thereby requiring new hires.

They aren't as STUPID as Barack Obama--the economic moron--you liberals put into office.

SHOW ME ONE TEA PARTY MEMBER CARRYING A SIGN THAT STATED--"I want the Federal Government to "create" a job for me---:lol:

It was all about Federal Government borrowing and spending--and that's why Democrats got their asse's kicked in 2010.

$Ram it down.jpg

"

YO!

Ok, I'm not jaded I just pay attention. These tax cuts Repubs want IN THE HOPES that they will create jobs, what it will do is keep making the rich richer and IF they create jobs...great. If they dont....great? We'll just take it from SSI or some other program for the public. That just doesnt make sense...

We've had a decade or more of "tax cuts will create jobs" rhetoric and it hasnt happened...in fact at the end of Bush's term we were losing a friggin TON of jobs...What happened? I dont know, but I dont want to repeat it again and again hoping this time it will work

Last attempt....

We lost jobs at the end of the Bush admin due to a recession..they happen every 6 to 8 years...primarily due to market saturation.

During the years following the tx cuts, many jobs were created.....you just refuse to accept it.

Technology ELIMINATED hundreds of thousands of jobs nationally....voicemail, email, touch tone response...

Yet, companies did not downsize...they hired in other areas due to expansion...

So whereas their headcounts did not go up, they did not go down DESPITE technology that would have given them reason to go down.

Why is this so hard for you to comprehend?

YO!

B.S.--Republicans ran on cutting this insane spending and size and expansion of the Federal Government. They NEVER ONCE promised to borrow and SPEND taxpayer dollars to be "job creators."

Yes--JOBS are a major concern--but Republicans did not go out campaigning with a promise that you would get a job. They believe that by cutting the insanity--government spending--and the expansion of it--that the private sector will get more confidence to borrow and expand their own businesse's thereby requiring new hires.

They aren't as STUPID as Barack Obama--the economic moron--you liberals put into office.

SHOW ME ONE TEA PARTY MEMBER CARRYING A SIGN THAT STATED--"I want the Federal Government to "create" a job for me---:lol:

It was all about Federal Government borrowing and spending--and that's why Democrats got their asse's kicked in 2010.

View attachment 14194

"

why dont you freaking rad my post before you say BS to it.

I agree with 100% of whaqt you said......the GOP wanted to legislation that CUTS spending and allows the private secotr to create the jobs.

They NEVER campaigned saying that they wanted to create the jobs.

They campaigned saying they want to get into office so they could make sure government doiesnt get in the way of the private secotr creating jobs.

YO!

So basically you're just jealous that some people have a lot of money and you want your share. Perhaps if you ask some wealthy person for a job they will let you work for them so you can earn your own money instead of whining and crying that your big brother needs it to give to you for your vote.

Paraphrased:

"vote for me and I will see to it that 95% of you will get a check in the mail"

lmao....and no one in the media saw that as "buying votes".....

With thread like this, you can SEE the desperation of a failing party and ideology..

It's a shame so many people care more for a party than they do their freedoms and their fellow American citizens.

Did you mean to say "failing parties" or just one party failed to create jobs?

With thread like this, you can SEE the desperation of a failing party and ideology..

It's a shame so many people care more for a party than they do their freedoms and their fellow American citizens.

Unfortunately, you are a perfect example of what I was talking about.
You can CLING to your lies IF that is what you need to make you feel better.
Republicans were elected eight months ago, the Obama and the Democrats HAVE HAD ALMOST THREE YEARS. and all they have created is MORE unnecessary government jobs that is a DRAIN on the American people. but you don't seem to care about any of that.

Last edited:

There will be jobs when the health care bill is repealed and we get this country on the right track. Your President took an economic problem and made a disaster out of it.

YO!

View attachment 14194

"

Most of them don't need to..SSI and Medicare checks are in the mail.

You didn't answer my question. Your President said the stimulus was for "shovel ready jobs". What happened?

The Conservatives got their filthy hands on it. They cut the amount in half then put in all sorts of tax cuts. Then they voted against it.

Then the Conservative governors refused to use any stimulus money on infrastructure building..instead..they plugged holes in their budgets that were created because of Tax cuts. Then those very same guys were like...look at me ma! I balanced the budget without raising taxes! :lol:

SEE: Rick Perry.

Oh my. That's quite a story you have there. I hope Obama runs with that. I sincerely hope he does.

I do too.

Remember the stimulus that your President said was for "shovel ready jobs"? Do you remember that? What happened?

Most of the stimulus was for tax cuts that was supposed to create jobs...What happened to that AND the last decade of Bush Tax cuts? Where are the jobs? And dont tell me just "one more" tax cut

where have you been the last decade?

Example....

300 partner law firm..has a support staff of 80

5 switchboard operators replaced with voicemail and one recptionist
25 person research department replaced with boolean search engines and 2 research people
15 person copy center replaced with high tech copiers and 2 copy people
5 person mailroom replaced with email and one mailroom person

So 50 people was narrowed down to 6....

But the support staff remained at 80...which means the firm created other jobs within.

Seems plenty of jobs were created....you just werent patying attention......or do you just look at graphs with arrows?

What's the name of that Law Firm?

I'll give you are real name.

Lehman.

The Conservatives got their filthy hands on it. They cut the amount in half then put in all sorts of tax cuts. Then they voted against it.

Then the Conservative governors refused to use any stimulus money on infrastructure building..instead..they plugged holes in their budgets that were created because of Tax cuts. Then those very same guys were like...look at me ma! I balanced the budget without raising taxes! :lol:

SEE: Rick Perry.

Oh my. That's quite a story you have there. I hope Obama runs with that. I sincerely hope he does.

I do too.

You're only deceiving yourself. Everyone knows BO is finished.

It was a joke. Like WMDs or "give tax cuts to rich people and they'll make jobs" or "oil subsidies will lower the cost of gas". They just like to have fun. Quit taking everything they say so serious.

It was a joke. Like WMDs or "give tax cuts to rich people and they'll make jobs" or "oil subsidies will lower the cost of gas". They just like to have fun. Quit taking everything they say so serious.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuKqWEYzhEA]‪Smokey says Yes, We Can!‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Is there some device that makes repubs forget they had total control of the govt during most of the 2000's?

Nothing is a repubs fault, recessions just happen... Like tornadoes. Except when it happens under dem control.

Lol@ being called closed minded because I said both parties failed. Jeez..

Is there some device that makes repubs forget they had total control of the govt during most of the 2000's?

Nothing is a repubs fault, recessions just happen... Like tornadoes. Except when it happens under dem control.

now you're trying to change the subject.

you were talking about JOBS jobs jobs.

your own thread title.

tsk tsk

Last edited:

Democrats took control of the House and Senate in Jan 2007 until January of this year and had control of everything from Jan 2009 until Jan 2011.

You really need to stop your lying.

"He didn't "loot" anything..he (Obama) got rid of fraud and abuse."

Statements like this make me chuckle, Sallow. Do you not understand the difference between someone "saying" that they are going to do something and someone actually "doing" something? Barack Obama promised to save hundreds of billions in fraud and abuse that would then be used to help pay for ObamaCare. Since making that promise the level of fraud and abuse in Medicare hasn't gone down at all...it's actually gone up.

He did however propose to raid Medicare for 100 billion to try and make the numbers for ObamaCare look good. Between you and me however...knowing this Administration as I do...I don't think that those cuts to Medicare would have ever taken place. That was nothing more than smoke and mirrors to try and get their health care boondoggle passed.

I also find it rather amusing that people from the far left are asking why the Republicans haven't passed legislation to create jobs when they are faced with a Senate controlled by Harry Reid and Barack Obama waiting with his veto pen in hand over in the Oval Office. Just what did you expect them to pass?

What's going on right now with the debt ceiling is a perfect example. Obama calls on the Republicans to present him with a plan...then when they prepare to do so...he comes out and says he will veto it before it even hits his desk.

Forum List

Back