Republicans Raise Taxes On You

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
Michigan governor Rick Snyder gave billions of tax breaks to corporations his first year in office. The GOP controls bothe houses too in Michigan. So the GOP gave corporations billions in tax breaks and at the time our roads were falling apart. Now we need to repair our roads and the GOP has tried to raise the sales tax and now that that got voted down they want to raise the gas tax.

Essentially the GOP shifted the tax burden more onto us. So don't tell me Republicans lower taxes unless you end with ON THE RICH.

The GOP also lowers taxes on the rich. That too puts more of the tax burden on you and I.

Michigan governor Rick Snyder gave billions of tax breaks to corporations his first year in office. The GOP controls bothe houses too in Michigan. So the GOP gave corporations billions in tax breaks and at the time our roads were falling apart. Now we need to repair our roads and the GOP has tried to raise the sales tax and now that that got voted down they want to raise the gas tax.

Essentially the GOP shifted the tax burden more onto us. So don't tell me Republicans lower taxes unless you end with ON THE RICH.

The GOP also lowers taxes on the rich. That too puts more of the tax burden on you and I.
The gas tax is SUPPOSED to be used for roads. That is what it was designed for.

The gas tax is SUPPOSED to be used for roads. That is what it was designed for.
Well what they collect isn't enough so they want to raise it to pay for the roads.

Tell Rick Snyder not me I agree with you.

Scrap the federal gas tax altogether since all that money just goes into the general fund anyway. The states have their own gas tax and can manage their own transportation expenditures.

are you serious?....republicans raise your taxes?....if you wanna see the democrats doing the same thing only more of them....come to sunny California bobo....

and that is some headline screeching news?
So you agree you should pay more so the rich can pay less. Noted.
If anything the gas tax is the fairest tax out there because it's based on use. And if you are looking for something that's even close to a cheat that would be bicycles use roads TAX FREE.

A person who drives a 1000 miles a month pays more then the person who drives a 1000 miles a year. That tax is FAIR because it's based on use NOT your tax bracket.

are you serious?....republicans raise your taxes?....if you wanna see the democrats doing the same thing only more of them....come to sunny California bobo....

:eusa_shhh:
you'll burst someone's bubble
LOl

If anything the gas tax is the fairest tax out there because it's based on use. And if you are looking for something that's even close to a cheat that would be bicycles use roads TAX FREE.

A person who drives a 1000 miles a month pays more then the person who drives a 1000 miles a year. That tax is FAIR because it's based on use NOT your tax bracket.
A bike will not tear up the roads like semi trucks do...

Agreed, but it's a use tax, thus not unfair. you use you pay.

we could make all roads toll roads, that whey the hitch hikers would pay also...

Scrap the federal gas tax altogether since all that money just goes into the general fund anyway. The states have their own gas tax and can manage their own transportation expenditures.
That sounds great, but it'll never happen. One of the subtle controls that the Fed. Gov't. has over the states (that they'll never give up) is the tactic of threatening to withhold Fed. highway funds from states that don't pass certain regulations. Regulations such as mandatory seatbelt laws, mandatory auto insurance, etc.

Democrats wouldn't have given billions in tax breaks to corporations knowing that would shift the burden more onto us. That's the big difference in the parties. GOP thinks the job creators shouldn't pay any taxes and some don't.

If Republicans ran California citizens would pay more so that billionaire former clipper owner could get a break. Sterling? The racist. So thank god harry the GOP aren't in charge like here in Michigan. 2 cents on every dollar might not seem like a lot to you harry but multiply that by every person in your state. Now give that all to the rich because it wouldn't be right taxing the companies who tear up our roads with their trucks.

we could make all roads toll roads, that whey the hitch hikers would pay also...
The idea of a toll road is to only toll it until it's payed for. Gas tax is fair.

Who agreed to shifting the tax system off corporations and the rich and onto the gas and sales tax?

So you too are OK with paying more so the rich can keep their breaks. Got it.

What happened to no new taxes and the pledge Republicans signed with the devil I mean Grover norquist.

That sounds great, but it'll never happen. One of the subtle controls that the Fed. Gov't. has over the states (that they'll never give up) is the tactic of threatening to withhold Fed. highway funds from states that don't pass certain regulations. Regulations such as mandatory seatbelt laws, mandatory auto insurance, etc.

yes. the states need to take Back their control. This Federal Government is becoming nothing but a tyrant. and not just to the states anymore. but this administration has used them as weapon against us citizens.

Forum List

Back