Republicans put the brakes on taxing AIG bonuses

I think the GOP needs to dig their heals in and refuse to take money away from the rich. It is a great PR move! Since Reagon they have been shifting cash to the rich looking for trickle down. No need to stop now!

I think the GOP needs to dig their heals in and refuse to take money away from the rich. It is a great PR move! Since Reagon they have been shifting cash to the rich looking for trickle down. No need to stop now!
yeah, and democrats like you dont give a rats ass that its totally unconstitutional

yeah, keep doing that dems
its sure to help you win over the center

btw, moron, Obama has already hinted he will veto this if the Senate passes it

This is a bad idea creating a special tax for these guys.

Obama seems to understand that.

I suspect if most of us think about it for a moment, we will, too.

Taxes are already unfiar, but if we target these individuals that is way beyond merely unfair by class, that is scapegoating those guys because we don't like them specifically.

Now if people were suggesting we hang them, I might sign onto that.

But taxing them like this makes zero sense to me.

Taxes are already unfiar, but if we target these individuals that is way beyond merely unfair by class, that is scapegoating those guys because we don't like them specifically.

Exactly! But the attention has accomplished the goal. Many of them are giving the bonuses back. This was a classic knee jerk reaction by Guvment. Now we need to get back to Earth.

Sometimes, public humiliation is the best solution to problems such as this.

Exactly! But the attention has accomplished the goal. Many of them are giving the bonuses back. This was a classic knee jerk reaction by Guvment. Now we need to get back to Earth.

Apparently this flap over bonuses humiliated about half the people getting the bonuses.

I say we hang the rest. They're terrorist who are attacking our nation just as surely as if they'd blown down the WTC.

Now I realize that most of the folks who have NOT given back the bonuses live in England.

Therefore we ought to declare England a terrorist haven and invade the place.

Last edited:

yeah, when do we stop with kneejerk reactions to every situation?

Apparently this flap over bonuses humiliated about half the people getting the bonuses.

I say we hang the rest. They're terrorist who are attacking our nation just as surely as if they'd blown down the WTC.

Now I realize that most of the folks who have NOT given back the bonuses live in England.

If you are suggesting we hang them why did we not let them simply hang themselves, which they would have had they not been bailed out.

If you are suggesting we hang them why did we not let them simply hang themselves, which they would have had they not been bailed out.
that would have made TOO much sense

Forum List

Back