Republicans put gun "silencer" bill on hold - for now.

They decided to put the gun silencer bill on hold for awhile until the heat dies down.

One of the hearings the House canceled is a bill that would make gun silencers easier to buy

They said it's to save the hearing of children. Hello, "ear plugs". That's what we wore in the military.

The real reason is to make it easier for a murdering disgruntled employee to go from office to office killing people he worked with getting as many as he can before he gets caught. Killing on the quiet. It's what Republicans want. What other reason could it be? Anyone?

Why does the GOP always end up on the side of murderers? Can someone explain?
Another lefty loon who's watched to many movies.

Suppressors reduce a weapons range and accuracy which makes Clintons statement about how much worse the Las Vegas attack could have been if the shooter had used one all the more stupid.

They melt on full auto rifles rendering the weapon useless or worse blow apart in the shooters face. Clinton's statement was full on retard.

[QU

Hold on . Silencers ruin accuracy . So why would you want to use one at gun range target practice .

The down side of suppressors far outweigh the meager benefits . To make these legal is just stupid .

As an experienced firearms owner I have no need for one. However, other shooters like them. It is not for me to judge. I believe in freedom. If somebody wants to spend a grand for a good silencer, $200 for a NFA tax stamp then that is fine with me.

Unlike you stupid Moon Bats that are hell bent on taking rights away from other people.

I wonder if Jefferson put these rights in any particular order:

"..Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness...."?

It seems to me, gun controls may impact the liberty of gun owners and those who seek to own, possess or have in their custody and control a gun; yet 59 of those who went to the concert in Vegas were deprived of Life and thus liberty and their pursuit of happiness.

While I admit I'm not a detailed gun expert or scientist; I though silencers substantially slowed down a bullet and robbed it of some of its heat by suppressing the hot, fiery gasses that give a fired bullet both its noise and power. So it seems to me that you have a better chance of surviving a gunshot from a silenced gun. Just my own layman's guess, I'll freely stand corrected if I'm wrong.

[QU

Hold on . Silencers ruin accuracy . So why would you want to use one at gun range target practice .

The down side of suppressors far outweigh the meager benefits . To make these legal is just stupid .

As an experienced firearms owner I have no need for one. However, other shooters like them. It is not for me to judge. I believe in freedom. If somebody wants to spend a grand for a good silencer, $200 for a NFA tax stamp then that is fine with me.

Unlike you stupid Moon Bats that are hell bent on taking rights away from other people.

It seems to me, gun controls may impact the liberty of gun owners and those who seek to own, possess or have in their custody and control a gun; yet 59 of those who went to the concert in Vegas were deprived of Life and thus liberty and their pursuit of happiness.

You are really confused about this, aren't you? Typical for pussy Moon Bats that get triggered on anything.

I don't see you stupid Moon Bats bitching about how I am deprived of Liberty when you assholes take the money I make and give it to the welfare queens, environmental wackos and illegals.

A person should never be deprived of his or her personal Liberties just because somebody else abuses that Liberty. That is not a hard concept to understand, is it? If so I have a long list of Liberal abuses that deprives me of Life and Liberty that need to be curtailed.

Those people in LV getting killed by a nutcase is a tragedy but taking away my Constitutional Liberty is not a remedy.

If you think you could be safer in another country that doesn't have the right to keep and bear arms then feel free to leave. Don't let the screan door bump you in the ass on the way out.

[QU

You are really confused about this, aren't you? Typical for pussy Moon Bats that get triggered on anything.

I don't see you stupid Moon Bats bitching about how I am deprived of Liberty when you assholes take the money I make and give it to the welfare queens, environmental wackos and illegals.

A person should never be deprived of his or her personal Liberties just because somebody else abuses that Liberty. That is not a hard concept to understand, is it? If so I have a long list of Liberal abuses that deprives me of Life and Liberty that need to be curtailed.

Those people in LV getting killed by a nutcase is a tragedy but taking away my Constitutional Liberty is not a remedy.

If you think you could be safer in another country that doesn't have the right to keep and bear arms then feel free to leave. Don't let the screan door bump you in the ass on the way out.

You're not very bright and are incredibly ignorant. I suppose both can be attributed to your inability to read and comprehend the written word.

[QU

You're not very bright and are incredibly ignorant. I suppose both can be attributed to your inability to read and comprehend the written word.

What I comprehend is that you are an idiot Moon Bat that is trying to justify doing away with or significantly curtailing a Constitutional right.

Your stupid little "the right to keep and bear arms takes away life and liberty" argument was a very ignorant justification to take away Constitutional rights. What else you got Moon Bat?

You Liberals never get anything right, do you? You sure as hell don't give a shit about individual liberty, do you? I suspect that if you were around in 1776 you would have sided with the government that sent troops to take arms away from the citizens.

[QU

How about the right to not be gunned down by some psycho?

Was he a psycho. Looks like he worked for lockheed martin.

Are you saying they put a chip in his brain ? Cause shooting a crapload of people for no reason ranks high on the psycho range .

I have no idea if this had anything to do with the govt. The govt, cavalry, has, in the past, placed japanese into internment camps, slaughtered hundreds ie native americans, led us into never ending wars, tested stds on african americans etc.

Then you sure as hell don't want to live here, do you? If you live in South Texas then go on over to Mexico. They didn't intern any Japanese, did they?

There is NO SUCH THING as a silencer. They are sound suppressors and it's not just semantics, even a gun with a suppressor is still loud, just not as loud.

Great point. They only reduce the sound, not eliminate it. Hollywood has everybody believing that silencers significantly reduce the noise where in reality it is minimal, especially in the higher calibers.

Except for a high end .22 I have never been around a firearm with a silencer that I didn't want to wear additional hearing protection.

Great. So even the gun nuts here tell us silencers are pretty much good for nothing . Compare that with the danger they would create .

How stupid ARE you?

They would create no danger at all. They are not worthless, they do reduce the sound to a point where it's less damaging to the ears.

How stupid ARE you?

They would create no danger at all. They are not worthless, they do reduce the sound to a point where it's less damaging to the ears.

You can silence guns with the right silencer / ammo combination to be no louder than a high powered BB gun.

There is NO SUCH THING as a silencer. They are sound suppressors and it's not just semantics, even a gun with a suppressor is still loud, just not as loud.

Great point. They only reduce the sound, not eliminate it. Hollywood has everybody believing that silencers significantly reduce the noise where in reality it is minimal, especially in the higher calibers.

Except for a high end .22 I have never been around a firearm with a silencer that I didn't want to wear additional hearing protection.

Great. So even the gun nuts here tell us silencers are pretty much good for nothing . Compare that with the danger they would create .

How stupid ARE you?

Lots of cities use "shot spotter" tech to instantly report shots fired to the police . By limiting the sound you make the tech useless .

Lots of cities use "shot spotter" tech to instantly report shots fired to the police . By limiting the sound you make the tech useless .

You also make it real easy for bad guys to shoot people without drawing attention to themselves. Without the "bang" people won't have a chance, since they don't know who's doing the shooting, or where the shots are coming from.

How stupid ARE you?

You can silence guns with the right silencer / ammo combination to be no louder than a high powered BB gun.

That's false for the most part. A small caliber bullet such as the 22LR can be fairly quiet but not as quiet as a book gun. Simply untrue.

How stupid ARE you?

And if that were true, it's not btw, how would spotting a shot AFTER the shot is taken, help anything? It won't. There's no logical rational reason to ban sound suppressors. There's just hysteria.

Forum List

Back