Republicans prefer private sector unemployment over public employment

Really--the economy's in the toliet and we're not alone. There's a giant flushing sound throughout the planet.

What do we do now to get things rolling again?

I want to see how the Republicans work with and influence the Obama Adminstration. If you think we can get out of this with the same old same old partisan politics, I strongly disagree.
Do you think that your ideas are unpartisan? You just don't like the Republican answer because you don't understand economics. Let the market handle this. This is how it is supposed to be.

The right hates the government and shouldn't be working in it. Funny thing is, we the people, are the government.
That is an esoteric, throw away answer. Do you know what "esoteric" means? I am not being condescending; I just can't find an alternate word or definition that satisfies me.

Of course it's a throwaway answer.

Consider this. If your basic position is that you hate and distrust the government, why work for the government?

We are the government. We, the people. We elect our government leaders and we authorize them to appoint and hire others.

Really--the economy's in the toliet and we're not alone. There's a giant flushing sound throughout the planet.

I want to see how the Republicans work with and influence the Obama Adminstration. If you think we can get out of this with the same old same old partisan politics, I strongly disagree.
Do you think that your ideas are unpartisan? You just don't like the Republican answer because you don't understand economics. Let the market handle this. This is how it is supposed to be.

I don't understand economics. I understand greed. I understand job loss. I understand poverty, corruption and fraud.

I don't understand economics. I understand greed. I understand job loss. I understand poverty, corruption and fraud.

Did Chris loan you his used bumper sticker slogan's or something.

I recommend "Economics In One Lesson" by Henry Hazlitt.

Economics in One Lesson

The right hates the government and shouldn't be working in it. Funny thing is, we the people, are the government.
That is an esoteric, throw away answer. Do you know what "esoteric" means? I am not being condescending; I just can't find an alternate word or definition that satisfies me.

Of course it's a throwaway answer.

Consider this. If your basic position is that you hate and distrust the government, why work for the government?

We are the government. We, the people. We elect our government leaders and we authorize them to appoint and hire others.
And so we have to eat all of our mistakes? Yes, to some degree "We" did it. Can "We" never UNDO it? Besides, all you did was throw away another answer.

So basically your entire position runs on emotion.

My position runs on evidence. Eight years of Clinton--surplus. Eight years of Bush--deficit.

My position runs on evidence. Eight years of Clinton--surplus. Eight years of Bush--deficit.

As I already stated, Clinton robbed the Social Security fund for his alleged surplus.

Congress will spend any surplus and then borrow more. That is what I wrote in the late 1990's, when the phony Clinton surplus – siphoning off Social Security and Medicare – was heralded as the wave of the future.

Lame Duck Days: Hope Over Experience by Gary North

The private sector is shedding jobs by the thousands every day. But Republicans would rather have people be unemployed by the private sector than employed by the public sector. (Rep. Rodgers insisted that every single job that the economic recovery plan creates be in the private sector.)

Only the federal government has the resources to stave off the disaster that will surely befall us if we let the free market take us further over the cliff.

The Republicans keep reiterating Hooverisms.

Why?

Because they’re ideologically bankrupt.
Republicans Go Back to Hoover in Response to Obama’s Stimulus Bill | The Progressive

Why? What are YOU reiterating? FDR-isms? More nanny-state bailouts? There are jobs out there. It's just those with that "entitled" mentality are "too good" to work them.

Tough times don't last. Tough PEOPLE do. But then, it isn't the tough people whining for Big Brother to come bail them out, is it?

"The number of jobs in the nation increased by about 2 percent during Bush's tenure, the most tepid growth over any eight-year span since data collection began seven decades ago. Gross domestic product, a broad measure of economic output, grew at the slowest pace for a period of that length since the Truman administration. And Americans' incomes grew more slowly than in any presidency since the 1960s, other than that of Bush's father."

Bush Lead During Weakest Economy in Decades - washingtonpost.com

The private sector is shedding jobs by the thousands every day. But Republicans would rather have people be unemployed by the private sector than employed by the public sector. (Rep. Rodgers insisted that every single job that the economic recovery plan creates be in the private sector.)

Only the federal government has the resources to stave off the disaster that will surely befall us if we let the free market take us further over the cliff.

The Republicans keep reiterating Hooverisms.

Why?

Because they’re ideologically bankrupt.
Republicans Go Back to Hoover in Response to Obama’s Stimulus Bill | The Progressive

Why? What are YOU reiterating? FDR-isms? More nanny-state bailouts? There are jobs out there. It's just those with that "entitled" mentality are "too good" to work them.

Tough times don't last. Tough PEOPLE do. But then, it isn't the tough people whining for Big Brother to come bail them out, is it?

Wow. What a stunning over reaction to my post. What's next? Wanna call me a commie?

Give me a break. I'm not your wife.

Last edited:
"The number of jobs in the nation increased by about 2 percent during Bush's tenure, the most tepid growth over any eight-year span since data collection began seven decades ago. Gross domestic product, a broad measure of economic output, grew at the slowest pace for a period of that length since the Truman administration. And Americans' incomes grew more slowly than in any presidency since the 1960s, other than that of Bush's father."

I saw nobody defending Bush's economic policies. Some have tried to explain basic economics to you, and I have refuted or at least put Clinton's "surplus" into a new perspective. You are simply ignoring all of this because it doesn't fit into your partisan view of things.

And you don't ask why, you don't investigate, you just grab onto the nearest possible object: Bush.

I saw nobody defending Bush's economic policies. Some have tried to explain basic economics to you, and I have refuted or at least put Clinton's "surplus" into a new perspective. You are simply ignoring all of this because it doesn't fit into your partisan view of things.

You're probably right. There's a study that says essentially that people keep to their biases in the face of evidence to the contrary.

I'll sit back and see if I can learn something.

You're probably right. There's a study that says essentially that people keep to their biases in the face of evidence to the contrary.

Well if you're really looking to learn something, then the link I posted earlier in the thread to Henry Hazlitt's book would be a great start.

Sentient beings can overcome studies.

Well if you're really looking to learn something, then the link I posted earlier in the thread to Henry Hazlitt's book would be a great start.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Forum List

Back