Republicans prefer private sector unemployment over public employment

Sky Dancer

Rookie
Jan 21, 2009
The private sector is shedding jobs by the thousands every day. But Republicans would rather have people be unemployed by the private sector than employed by the public sector. (Rep. Rodgers insisted that every single job that the economic recovery plan creates be in the private sector.)

Only the federal government has the resources to stave off the disaster that will surely befall us if we let the free market take us further over the cliff.

The Republicans keep reiterating Hooverisms.

Why?

Because they’re ideologically bankrupt.
Republicans Go Back to Hoover in Response to Obama’s Stimulus Bill | The Progressive

Well since jobs and wealth are only created in the private sector that would seem to be a pretty good policy.

And Hoover actually did plenty to try and "fend off" the Great Depression. Roosevelt basically continued his policies.

Where in the Constitution (remember the Constitution, that document that spells out the powers of our government) does it say the government should employ the unemployed?

• Banned
The right hates the government and shouldn't be working in it. Funny thing is, we the people, are the government.

The left thinks the government owes them a living

The banks think the people owe them a living. And we gave them one, too.

But they're so selfish and shortsighted that they broke it again.

Time to change the way the game is played, Sub.

Really--the economy's in the toliet and we're not alone. There's a giant flushing sound throughout the planet.

What do we do now to get things rolling again?

I want to see how the Republicans work with and influence the Obama Adminstration. If you think we can get out of this with the same old same old partisan politics, I strongly disagree.

Really--the economy's in the toliet and we're not alone. There's a giant flushing sound throughout the planet.

What do we do now to get things rolling again?

I want to see how the Republicans work with and influence the Obama Adminstration. If you think we can get out of this with the same old same old partisan politics, I strongly disagree.

The economy is in the toilet because of the government and the Fed, not the free market.

The right hates the government and shouldn't be working in it. Funny thing is, we the people, are the government.

You do realize don't you that the way the "government" gets money ( other than borrowing it from China ) is to take it from the private sector don't you? I sure you must also realize that since our government agencies are all supposed to be non profit, the government doesn't generate wealth. What happens once the government drains the private sector?

If all that Republican thought worked why did we have a surplus of revenue with eight years of Clinton and an economic mess and deficit with eight years of Bush?

If all that Republican thought worked why did we have a surplus of revenue with eight years of Clinton and an economic mess and deficit with eight years of Bush?

Well Clinton took money out of the Social Security fund, and Bush was hardly a fiscal conservative. Also, the economic mess is most prominently the work of the Fed.

Just out of curiosity,
Are you aware that when Mr Clinton left office the economy was in a recession?

That is an esoteric, throw away answer. Do you know what "esoteric" means? I am not being condescending; I just can't find an alternate word or definition that satisfies me.

Forum List

Back