Republicans Poised to Retake the House

They lead in every subgroup sans the unmarried, 18-34 year olds, and those who do not attend church, and post grad degrees-by 1 pt.

college grads overwhelmingly supporting Republicans.

Every section of the country.

Hard not to get cocky. But just like 2008, Republicans better not read this as support for the party or the politicians.

It is exactly what happened in 08, a reaction to shit from the Federal Government. A backlash against Obama's policies. Nothing more.

They lead in every subgroup sans the unmarried, 18-34 year olds, and those who do not attend church, and post grad degrees-by 1 pt.

Hard not to get cocky. But just like 2008, Republicans better not read this as support for the party or the politicians.

It is exactly what happened in 08, a reaction to shit from the Federal Government. A backlash against Obama's policies. Nothing more.

Sort of. My take is that in '08 there was total disdain for fake conservatism, hope with the first black president, and a belief he really meant to stay in the center. He failed with the last, which put paid on the two others.

Now it's a wake up call for government that the people want. Which is not a nanny state and one that is now appears to encourage those who want to attack our country and our interests.

We want smaller Federal government, less spent on entitlements-which no one believes from the political class. We don't want to be the world's policeman, but want to be able to stop things before they escalate, which will not happen through appeasement or trying to apologize.

We don't want government providing or even overseeing health care, just pass the legislation that will protect us from misdeeds. Reform is not the same as providing.

funny780.jpg

Annie has the right take, I believe. The elections are not a call for the old GOP way of doing business. People are mad about two things: (1) politicians who pork at the government trough while a good portion of America is suffering; and (2) that their greed, along with and as part of the system, caused a good deal of the recession. If citizens are looking for an easy way out that allows them to go back to their former lifestyle on easy credit and no way to pay it back, they are crazy.

Sort of. My take is that in '08 there was total disdain for fake conservatism, hope with the first black president, and a belief he really meant to stay in the center. He failed with the last, which put paid on the two others.

Now it's a wake up call for government that the people want. Which is not a nanny state and one that is now appears to encourage those who want to attack our country and our interests.

We want smaller Federal government, less spent on entitlements-which no one believes from the political class. We don't want to be the world's policeman, but want to be able to stop things before they escalate, which will not happen through appeasement or trying to apologize.

We don't want government providing or even overseeing health care, just pass the legislation that will protect us from misdeeds. Reform is not the same as providing.

We just need to put a limit on the Gov'ts power.

Actually the Constitution does, we just need to make sure it's lived up to regarding divisions of government. That's why it's called a FEDERATED Republic.

Actually the Constitution does, we just need to make sure it's lived up to regarding divisions of government. That's why it's called a FEDERATED Republic.

But the Gov't is overpowering that act also

But the Gov't is overpowering that act also

I'm assuming, not quite clear on what you mean, that the federal level has grown too large and usurped too many powers that belong at a lower level? If that is what you mean, the people have the power to cause a reversal-evidenced by what is likely to occur tomorrow. However, they must remain on watch.

From my point of view, I'm hoping for a truly fiscally conservative leadership, which means to cut government agencies and spending, and balance the budget. Then cut more, and lower taxes. Also, make doing things less complicated by cutting red tape and bureaucratic micromanagement.

I'd like to see the Republicans back off of culture wars, for the most part, and concentrate on making daily living easier for working men and women. And, quit coddling the non-workers on the backs of the hard-working.

I also want to see the Republicans get on board with protecting the environment.

Middleman, concerning your first two first paragraphs, the GOP leadership elected tomorrow will do no such things: the GOP is a big government party and it relies on the culture wars to augment its relatively small bases.

Independents, moderates, and centrists are voting against Washington D.C. far more than any desire to see big party Republicans in power.

Your right Jake. Moderates, Idependents and Centerists are voting against DC.

I held my nose and voted straight Rep this year. Not because I think the Reps are any better than the Dems because they sure ain't. I voted that way because I don't like the Ol'BO's lefty agenda. Nor do I like the Dems who voted for that lefty agenda. Bigger Govt ain't what I'm looking for.

Belive me. If the Reps don't have a playbook to fix things then the pendulem will swing back to the Dems. A two party system. Its sucks, but its what we've got. Jeeze.

Last edited:
Let loose the Subpeonas, Darrell Issa! Bring government to a crashing halt, Mitch McConnell! This worked so well for Newt!

One term President!

[/sarcasm]

If the Pubs try the Newt Playbook, Obama will beat his opponent easily, just as Bill beat Bob badly. :lol:

Forum List

Back