Republicans outspent Democrats by 2:1

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
This election will be known for marking the rise of the Tea Party in American Politics. In reality it marks the rise of corprate spending in American politics. Citizens United vs Fed Elect Committee had a bigger impact on the outcome than the grass roots tea Party did

Conservatives outspent liberals 2-1 in elections - USATODAY.com

The Democrats brought a bat, and the Republicans brought a grenade," said Dave Levinthal of the Center for Responsive Politics, which tracks campaign money. "If you think spending is out of control by outside groups, it likely will blow your mind in the presidential election."

President Obama has repeatedly lambasted conservative groups for their role in the midterm elections and criticized the Supreme Court's decision in January that opened the floodgates to unlimited corporate and union spending on election ads.

Conservative spending has topped $187 million this year, up from $19.6 million in 2006, the last midterm election, the center's data show.

Last edited:
Well we can expect lots and lots of legislation to help their Corporate and Foreign benefactors.

yeah, that'd never happen if the dems were still in charge. :rofl:

are you this stupid in real life?

Stupid?

I was just in China this year. They've got lots and lots of brand new shiny technology.

My bet is a good amount of American expats..tired we stopped building things..now live there.

China's eating our lunch, and "I" am the stupid one?

Okay.

There's a bridge in Brooklyn for sale..I can get it for ya cheap.

Conservative spending has topped $187 million this year, up from $19.6 million in 2006, the last midterm election, the center's data show.

10 times the spending on midterms.

Was that because of the Tea Party or because of Citizens United?

Well we can expect lots and lots of legislation to help their Corporate and Foreign benefactors.

yeah, that'd never happen if the dems were still in charge. :rofl:

are you this stupid in real life?

Stupid?

I was just in China this year. They've got lots and lots of brand new shiny technology.

My bet is a good amount of American expats..tired we stopped building things..now live there.

China's eating our lunch, and "I" am the stupid one?

Okay.

There's a bridge in Brooklyn for sale..I can get it for ya cheap.

nice deflection, but my point remains; the dems do/did the same things that you selectively excoriate the repubs for.

i'll mark you down for *yes*

I don't care who the politician is, what party they belong to, be them either an incumbent or someone seeking their office, it should be against Federal and State law to spend more than a years salary on any campaign for any political office in the land. Those found guilty of doing this should be immediately removed from office. There should be strict accountability of the funds collected and spent and no donation to any campaign should legally be more than $5.00. Any money donated for a candidate that exceeds the yearly salary of that office would immediately be donated to charity. There should be a strict guideline or code of conduct during the political campaign that required only issues could be discussed at any political gathering. Calling your political opponent anything other than by his or her name would be against the code of conduct. No double talk. Every question asked during a debate would have to be answered in 25 words or less and be answered in a way that was clear for everybody to understand how they would feel about an issue.

This election will be known for marking the rise of the Tea Party in American Politics. In reality it marks the rise of corprate spending in American politics. Citizens United vs Fed Elect Committee had a bigger impact on the outcome than the grass roots tea Party did

The Democrats brought a bat, and the Republicans brought a grenade," said Dave Levinthal of the Center for Responsive Politics, which tracks campaign money. "If you think spending is out of control by outside groups, it likely will blow your mind in the presidential election."

President Obama has repeatedly lambasted conservative groups for their role in the midterm elections and criticized the Supreme Court's decision in January that opened the floodgates to unlimited corporate and union spending on election ads.

Does this figure include the money spent at the lesbian sex act lounge?

That's not accurate. Unions alone spent $100M to help Democrats. The bar chart showing the SEIU alone is misleading.

Unions to spend $100M in 2010 campaign to save Dem majorities - TheHill.com

That was $100m well spent. Conservatives should write and thank them. :lol:

Companies have invested a lot of money. Moving American jobs to China is profitable. The Republican leadership understand understand this. So don't just write the Republican leadership, write the Chinese government. They also deserve your praise and thanks.

Don't you love it when you find a story that leaves out half the facts, thus entirely validating your preconceived ideas?

While the truth is that conservative groups did outspend their liberal counterparts, the Democratic candidates managed to spend more money than the Republicans and their backers all by themselves.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/02/us/politics/02donate.html

When did USA Today become a patsy for the Democratic Party?

Don't you love it when you find a story that leaves out half the facts, thus entirely validating your preconceived ideas?

While the truth is that conservative groups did outspend their liberal counterparts, the Democratic candidates managed to spend more money than the Republicans and their backers all by themselves.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/02/us/politics/02donate.html

When did USA Today become a patsy for the Democratic Party?

about 20 years ago

The only way to stop Chinese economy from growing is have them pass a 2,000 page health care law and then a 2,000 page banking law

Forum List

Back