Republicans on Healthcare: We were for it before we were against it

Obama's health insurance rule — it was a GOP idea | APP.com | Asbury Park Press

All of those "unconstitutional" aspects of the Healthcare plan were just fine when the Republicans offered them as an alternative to "Hillary care"

WASHINGTON — Republicans were for President Barack Obama's requirement that Americans get health insurance before they were against it. The obligation in the new health care law is a Republican idea that's been around at least two decades. It was once trumpeted as an alternative to Bill and Hillary Clinton's failed health care overhaul in the 1990s. These days, Republicans call it government overreach.

Mitt Romney, weighing another run for the GOP presidential nomination, signed such a requirement into law at the state level as Massachusetts governor in 2006. At the time, Romney defended it as "a personal responsibility principle" and Massachusetts' newest GOP senator, Scott Brown, backed it. Romney now says Obama's plan is a federal takeover that bears little resemblance to what he did as governor and should be repealed

If I am correct, that was a John Kerry line, :lol: He voted for it before he voted against it. I doubt the Repubs will be repeating it, but keep on drinking your coolaid.

By the way, you also know that Obama was against a mandate before he was for it. During the primary campaign he attacked Hillary on that postion.

All of those "unconstitutional" aspects of the Healthcare plan were just fine when the Republicans offered them as an alternative to "Hillary care"

WASHINGTON — Republicans were for President Barack Obama's requirement that Americans get health insurance before they were against it. The obligation in the new health care law is a Republican idea that's been around at least two decades. It was once trumpeted as an alternative to Bill and Hillary Clinton's failed health care overhaul in the 1990s. These days, Republicans call it government overreach.

Mitt Romney, weighing another run for the GOP presidential nomination, signed such a requirement into law at the state level as Massachusetts governor in 2006. At the time, Romney defended it as "a personal responsibility principle" and Massachusetts' newest GOP senator, Scott Brown, backed it. Romney now says Obama's plan is a federal takeover that bears little resemblance to what he did as governor and should be repealed

If I am correct, that was a John Kerry line, :lol: He voted for it before he voted against it. I doubt the Repubs will be repeating it, but keep on drinking your coolaid.

By the way, you also know that Obama was against a mandate before he was for it. During the primary campaign he attacked Hillary on that postion.

Repeating it??? They are acting on it...Yes, after mocking Kerry for the same thing

Why are you incapable of recognizing they already HAVE repeted it in deed?

Why are you incapable of recognizing they already HAVE repeted it in deed?
Could someone translate, please?

Forum List

Back