Republicans Now LIKE the Substance of Obama's Dream Act Move

IndependntLogic

Jul 14, 2011
SO LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT: THE GOP IS FINE WITH OBAMA STANCE ON IMMIGRATION. THEY JUST DON"T LIKE THAT HE GOT CREDIT FOR IT. HOW SURPRISING...

Republicans refine immigration message after Obama's scoop - CNN.com

So let's see. They wouldn't let the Dream Act even GET to a vote for two years. Now they claim they're fine with the substance of the move by Obama, they're just pissed because he intereferred with their ability to "work together in a bi-partisan manner". WTF??? As if EITHER party has done squat on a bi-partisan level for years!!! LOL!!

Seriously, the only two types of politicians I can't stand are Republicans and Democrats...

The GOP are a bunch of cry-baby jackasses. They suddenly like it because the american people do as well.

SO LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT: THE GOP IS FINE WITH OBAMA STANCE ON IMMIGRATION. THEY JUST DON"T LIKE THAT HE GOT CREDIT FOR IT. HOW SURPRISING...

So let's see. They wouldn't let the Dream Act even GET to a vote for two years. Now they claim they're fine with the substance of the move by Obama, they're just pissed because he intereferred with their ability to "work together in a bi-partisan manner". WTF??? As if EITHER party has done squat on a bi-partisan level for years!!! LOL!!

Seriously, the only two types of politicians I can't stand are Republicans and Democrats...

As I was saying yesterday, and I have to say I can't remember who I was hearing it from,

the GOP thought they were going to co-opt this issue and screw Obama by having Rubio put out what was essentially the Obama plan as a GOP plan,

and Romney was going to sign onto it. Unfortunately Obama beat them to the punch.

I'm registered Republican.. and I don't find it 'fine'

Well, unfortunately for you, those you vote for suddenly do...

Think that is neither fortunate nor unfortunate when it comes to my stance... and whether it is REP or DEM or IND or whatever.. if they support any of this and keep moving away from enforcing immigration law strictly, I don't support them

Wrong.

That is not Obama's stance on immigration.

We are fine with the sons and daughters of illegals being here, it's not their fault.

WE just don't like Obama bypassing the Congress like some two-bit tyrant.

Why the Fuck did he do this at any point during the last 3.5 years eh? Because it's just an election year stunt.

I'm registered Republican.. and I don't find it 'fine'

Think that is neither fortunate nor unfortunate when it comes to my stance... and whether it is REP or DEM or IND or whatever.. if they support any of this and keep moving away from enforcing immigration law strictly, I don't support them

I agree with your position 100%. So....who is our candidate for POTUS?

Wrong.

We are fine with the sons and daughters of illegals being here, it's not their fault.

Why the Fuck did he do this at any point during the last 3.5 years eh? Because it's just an election year stunt.

REALLY? I think someone forgot to tell Mitt Romney when he was catering to the Far Right during the primaries....

It's an election year, the Rinos are doing what Rinos do to try and save their hides, but it wont work, they will be voted out as well in November.

Why can't we have a govt that enforces the law.?? Everyone known to be here illegally should be deported - no exceptions. Helll with these 30 year old "kids" who claim they were brought here when they were infants and deserve amnesty. Only an idiot believes them.

20 million americans out of work and obozo is gonna give amnesty and work permits to millions of illegal invaders!!!

ahahahahahahahahahaha

I guess they did figure out they cant win elections by JUST cheating

Why can't we have a govt that enforces the law.?? Everyone known to be here illegally should be deported - no exceptions. Helll with these 30 year old "kids" who claim they were brought here when they were infants and deserve amnesty. Only an idiot believes them.

Agreed. As soon as they were old enough to know they were brought here illegally, they lost any and all protection under the BS "lacked the intent to violate the law" provision....

I think I have told you before... Being in MD, I do not think my vote will make a difference, as this uber liberal state will go to Obamalama by about 15%... So a vote against Obama, or voting for the lesser of 2 evils really does not make any sense... I am looking to see what IND or CON candidate may be on the ballot... or for the first time in my adult life, I may abstain from the presidential vote while still voting for all the other offices and referendums up on the ballot

I think I have told you before... Being in MD, I do not think my vote will make a difference, as this uber liberal state will go to Obamalama by about 15%... So a vote against Obama, or voting for the lesser of 2 evils really does not make any sense... I am looking to see what IND or CON candidate may be on the ballot... or for the first time in my adult life, I may abstain from the presidential vote while still voting for all the other offices and referendums up on the ballot

Well, here in VA...it is shaping up to be a fairly tight race. Unless an IND shows up, I may do the same as you. I have to vote AGAINST Cantor, even though the Dems have no one to speak of to run against him, and of course, I have to vote AGAINST George Allen, just because I dsilike him THAT much.

GOP is a liar group led by a liar. im waiting for rush limbaugh or hannity to comment on this embrace of amnesty. ill be waiting awhile, lol

Wrong.

Um no genius. Obama DID present this but the GOP has blocked the possibility of a vote on it for TWO YEARS. Hello? Yeah that.
And btw, your party has NOT been fine with the sons and daughters being here. Did you not see Mitt in the primary? Hear Boehner and Cantor the last time this was brought up? Selective memory? Hmmm. Got it. Okay.
But now they think it's great! :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back