Republicans Now Favorites In Congressional Races: Gallup

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Actions like elections have consequences:

Post-healthcare Gallup Poll finds Republicans now leading on congressional ballot | Top of the Ticket | Los Angeles Times

Post-healthcare Gallup Poll finds Republicans now leading on congressional ballot
April 1, 2010 | 2:28 am

Oh-oh.

Turns out the Democratic Congress' passage of the Democratic healthcare legislation signed last week by Democratic President Obama is so wildly popular that a new Gallup Poll finds for the first time this survey cycle registered American voters now prefer that a Republican represent their district....

According to Gallup's interpretation, this new finding would indicate an even stronger GOP outcome if November's midterm elections were held now because Republicans tend to vote at higher rates than members of the president's party.

The Gallup report notes how unusual this kind of finding is:

A Republican advantage among all registered voters in midterm elections has been rare in Gallup's 60-year history of tracking congressional voting preferences, happening only a few times each in the 1950, 1994 and 2002 election cycles -- all years in which Republicans had strong Election Day showings.
The new poll also finds that apparently the long, rancorous healthcare debate has energized voters on both sides, although more so for the GOP. Half of Republicans now say they are enthusiastic about the Nov. 2 vote vs. 35% for Democrats; the previous week's figures were 43% and 25%, respectively.

Historically, the first midterm election of a new president's tenure sees a loss of on average 16 House seats for his party.

A loss of 40 House seats would turn Nancy Pelosi into an ex-speaker.

-- Andrew Malcolm

A lot of us said it would happen, but the arrogant ignored it, and they will pay for it with their jobs.

And the kicker is most of it will be repealed.

I would like to see the stuff about not cutting people off or turning them down for pre -exisisting conditions to stay, the rest can be burned.

Republicans Now Favorites In Congressional Races: Gallup

yay.jpg

A lot of us said it would happen, but the arrogant ignored it, and they will pay for it with their jobs.

I would like to see the stuff about not cutting people off or turning them down for pre -exisisting conditions to stay, the rest can be burned.

Dems Pass....................Repubs Repeal.......

"Rome Burns."

at least it keeps people occupied on USMB

Nah, screw those sick people. They shouldn't be permitted to purchase insurance if they are sick. That just raises the cost for all the healthy people. And letting the insurance companies dump those who get sick helps keep rates lower for everyone else. Seriously, to really reduce costs, they should just pass a law requiring the euthanasia of anyone who becomes sick. This would save a lot of money.

Nah, screw those sick people. They shouldn't be permitted to purchase insurance if they are sick. That just raises the cost for all the healthy people. And letting the insurance companies dump those who get sick helps keep rates lower for everyone else. Seriously, to really reduce costs, they should just pass a law requiring the euthanasia of anyone who becomes sick. This would save a lot of money.

Yes it would. I heartily agree. Kill em all.

Or

They could actually have HC reform that has some real reform in it. I think that would work. How about you??

Will be repealed? Don't kid yourself lol

That its going to stand? Don't kid yourself lol

Are you really THAT naive? Besides bitching and whining about every governmental program that exists can you name anything significant that GOP repealed or at least significantly cut in the last 20-30 years?

Edit: Besides taxes of course.

And once the GOP takes over, we will have a whole new host of issues.

And then the Dems take over and even more issues.

And we the people sit here and battle back and forth for them as they generate great salaries, great benefiots, and great retirments.

8 months people, the election is 8 months away. That is an eternity in politics.

And once the GOP takes over, we will have a whole new host of issues.

And then the Dems take over and even more issues.

And we the people sit here and battle back and forth for them as they generate great salaries, great benefiots, and great retirments.

Oh YAY! A voice of sanity in the madness. We really need to stop electing both parties.

You know I wonder, IF republicans gain control of either branch of congress, will they be so beholding to polls when they are the ones making the decisions?? Will they follow "the will of the people" according to the polls on EVERY single piece of legislation or will they go their own way?? Will republicans from this day forward follow EVERY poll to discern the "will of the people" and follow them accordingly??

You know I wonder, IF republicans gain control of either branch of congress, will they be so beholding to polls when they are the ones making the decisions?? Will they follow "the will of the people" according to the polls on EVERY single piece of legislation or will they go their own way?? Will republicans from this day forward follow EVERY poll to discern the "will of the people" and follow them accordingly??

Ha ha, no. It's just a populist move used by everyone who's out of power. Once in power things don't look all that fucking simple.

Are you really THAT naive? Besides bitching and whining about every governmental program that exists can you name anything significant that GOP repealed or at least significantly cut in the last 20-30 years?

Are you?

You have classic big government stooge mindeset.

Sorry, things can and are repealed, that only doesn't happen when peopel LIKE the law.

Here they don't.

Its not rocket science son.

You're having problems understanding the point.

Are you?

You have classic big government stooge mindeset.

Sorry, things can and are repealed, that only doesn't happen when peopel LIKE the law.

Here they don't.

Its not rocket science son.
So you don't have any examples. That was my point, yet you claim anything will be repealed with Republicans in congress. Ha ha, too funny.

America is finding out that One Party Rule is dangerous to their checkbooks...

Theres something to be said for gubmint gridlock...

It's funny how republicans didn't seem to feel that way when they where in charge with a one party rule. LOL

You're having problems understanding the point.

Really?? What point is that?? How about some specifics on what i am missing instead of merely claiming I have a problem understanding "the point"?

Forum List

Back