Republicans need to pass this healthcare bill

I'm quite pleased with the outcome so far. By ordering the IRS not to enforce the mandate, Trump has at least stripped ACA of it's most egregious offense.

As far as the Ryan's bill, it was more of the same crap rebranded. The Republicans were right to reject it. If the Democrats had rejected ACA in the first place, if Obama had vetoed it, recognizing that such a fundamental change to society needs more than slim majority support, maybe their second attempt would have fared better.

I have been trying to tell a few of you the executive order meant nothing, the individual mandate can only be changed by congress and it was in the bill to be eliminated retro to 12/31/15, but they did not vote on it so you are stuck with the individual mandate and will still be penalized for going without unless you can file an exemption.

Trump’s Obamacare Executive Order: Much Ado About Very Little
Why do you keep taking this O/P's bait ??

Not taking the bait, I have to laugh when I see someone posting I dropped my health insurance or didn't get it because I won't have to pay the penalty. Not wishing tragedy on anyone, except anytime anything can happen to your health and if you were stupid enough to believe he changed a piece of legislation by EO then they get what they deserve, bankruptcy when the medical bills start coming in.

I'm quite pleased with the outcome so far. By ordering the IRS not to enforce the mandate, Trump has at least stripped ACA of it's most egregious offense.

As far as the Ryan's bill, it was more of the same crap rebranded. The Republicans were right to reject it. If the Democrats had rejected ACA in the first place, if Obama had vetoed it, recognizing that such a fundamental change to society needs more than slim majority support, maybe their second attempt would have fared better.

I have been trying to tell a few of you the executive order meant nothing, the individual mandate can only be changed by congress and it was in the bill to be eliminated retro to 12/31/15, but they did not vote on it so you are stuck with the individual mandate and will still be penalized for going without unless you can file an exemption.

Trump’s Obamacare Executive Order: Much Ado About Very Little
Why do you keep taking this O/P's bait ??

Not taking the bait, I have to laugh when I see someone posting I dropped my health insurance or didn't get it because I won't have to pay the penalty. Not wishing tragedy on anyone, except anytime anything can happen to your health and if you were stupid enough to believe he changed a piece of legislation by EO then they get what they deserve, bankruptcy when the medical bills start coming in.
The tax return penalty is really small and only a few hundred dollars.

Whereas actual health insurance runs $500 to $1000 per month before the ACA benefit for the poor.

Last edited:
I know I know ... the voices inside your head.

Just remember, when you talk to God it is called prayer.

When God talks to you it is called schizophrenia.

Sorry to disappount you..... No voices in this head.

I don't believe in prayer. That's not the type of God I believe in. I believe in a Harsh, Brutal and Judgemental Deity with no compassion or room for those who don't follow the rules.

I know I know ... the voices inside your head.

Just remember, when you talk to God it is called prayer.

When God talks to you it is called schizophrenia.

Sorry to disappount you..... No voices in this head.

I don't believe in prayer. That's not the type of God I believe in. I believe in a Harsh, Brutal and Judgemental Deity with no compassion or room for those who don't follow the rules.
Sounds Jewish to me then.

Could be Allah too though -- it was plagiarized from the Tenakh.

Forum List

Back