Republicans Need to Get Real About the 2016 Elections

Was there a chance in Hell that you were EVER going to vote for ANY candidate bearing an (R) after his/her name? No? Then why in the hell is your opinion supposed to mean spit to any of us?

Actually, there have been Republicans that were sane and reasonable people who, under the right circumstances, I could have voted for. People who wanted the best for the country and for all of her people without regard for their religion, ethnicity, or level of wealth. People who were not theocrats, oligarchs, xenophobes, racists or misogynists. But they have fled the party or were drummed out for travesties such as believing in evolution, climate change, LGBT rights, and compromising with those who see things differently. However, you are right. Now there is NO CHANCE that I will vote Republican, not only because of who the candidates are but as a matter of principal - because of what the party has become and what it stands for.

I m not here to present opinions and that is not what I'm doing. I am presenting facts ad documenting what these people represent and it s not for your benefit. It is for reasonable and knowledgeable people who wish to make informed decisions.

The truth is that I don't think anyone can stop our decline. It's too far gone. The chance to stop it was in 2012, but we screwed it up.
I agree. The republicans screwed the pooch multiple times. Starting by staying home and giving us 4 more years of Obama.

The truth is that I don't think anyone can stop our decline. It's too far gone. The chance to stop it was in 2012, but we screwed it up.
I agree. The republicans screwed the pooch multiple times. Starting by staying home and giving us 4 more years of Obama.
And what EXCTLY would be better today if Obama had not gotten 4 more years? Please be very specific and explain why. You people can't just type words like " decline" and not be expected to be asked to show us what you are talking about. This doom and gloom end times crap about the demise of America is not helpful - or patriotic.

So much for "getting it together" .....

On Eve Of Super Tuesday Religious Right Continues To Split
Submitted by Peter Montgomery on Monday, 2/29/2016 5:28 pm
On the eve of Super Tuesday, the dream of Christian-nation advocates like David Lane to get evangelicals to coalesce around one of their own in the Republican primary is fading away as Donald Trump pulls ahead of Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio in national polling, and among evangelical voters in particular.

The ongoing split is reflected among right-wing political leaders. Alabama Sen. Jeff Sessions and Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach both endorsed Trump for his anti-immigrant policies. But first-term Sen. Ben Sasse of Nebraska, the former president of a Christian college, wrote a public letter explaining why he would not vote for Trump in the general election if he became the party’s nominee.

And while Ted Cruz, his father, and Glenn Beck are frantically making the case that Cruz is God’s chosen candidate for the presidency, one of the country’s most prominent Christian business leaders has endorsed Marco Rubio.

David Green is the founder of the Hobby Lobby arts & crafts empire. Green and his family have become right-wing folk heroes for successfully arguing that their massive for-profit company deserved a religiously-based exemption from the requirement under the Affordable Care Act that its insurance plans include contraception. Over the weekend, Green declared Rubio “a man who is prepared to be president.”

- See more at: On Eve Of Super Tuesday Religious Right Continues To Split

Forum List

Back