Republicans move toward the left

then why do you hate OWS?

They threaten the establishment the right fights so hard to protect; OWS offends innate conservative authoritarianism.
My strong opinion about the Tea Party is that they are NOT a racist organization, and that they have only opposed Obama because of his views on how the government should be run.

They’re opposed to Obama because he’s a democrat – no other reason, given Obama’s policies are essentially the same as Bush’s.

The Tea Party hasn't disappeared, Greenie...

I don't disagree. It seems they wised up and realized 1) their candidates are unelectable, and 2) the only hope is to fall in line behind the Romneys of the party and kiss the ring of the establishment.

As I said, their stranglehold on the GOP is effectively over.

Right now, Republican politicians can give lip service to the Tea Party but say they couldn't cut spending and waste because the Democrats control the Oval Office and the Senate. If Republicans take control of both then I think you'll find that the Tea Party will hold Republicans accountable if spending and waste isn't cut. The Tea Party voting block isn't going anywhere, Greenie...they're simply not quite the political neophytes they were when they nominated Angle and O'Donnell. It's a learning process.

If Republicans take control of both then I think you'll find that the Tea Party will hold Republicans accountable if spending and waste isn't cut.

The thing about selling your soul is, you rarely get it back.

Once it becomes clear that partisan victory is more important to them than rigid adherence to their dogma, it will be fairly obvious that threats to "hold Republicans accountable" are empty. One of the bright spots in a hypothetical Romney victory in November.

Tea party principles are timeless. Doesnt matter who is or isn't running. You can still promote tea party principles no matter who is in. Doens't mean you succeed but you don't stop trying.

Forum List

Back