Republicans move toward the left

Isn't it ironic that Republicans chose their most progressive presidential candidate?

The republicans aren't about to 'choose' Romney - they've tried on every candidate willing to step on stage and have their personal lives vetted to avoid having to settle for Romney.

Romney will most likely get the nod, but not because the republicans are 'fired up' about him, it will be due to a complete lack of palatable options.

Romney has walked the walk. If he gets the Repo nod, it is well deserved. I am a bit surprised that Palin didn't run though.

The Tea party isn't over and they aren't too right....YOU are just too left. Wanting taxes cut and the doing something about the deficit is not too far right. Only a blind lefty like you can't see that.

Cutting taxes increases the deficit.

In fact most of the National Debt was created by Reagan and Bush cutting taxes for the rich.

How long you going to continue to Repeat those canned Liberal Lies? Dude you have got to be the best little Marxist Propagandist on the board. Do you get your pay checks direct from the DNC?

lol

It's not a lie, it's an opinion. One that I'm inclined to share.

If PAYGO had not expired in 2003 allowing deficit spending to resume, the Bush tax cuts would have been illegal, the Medicare D give away to the pharmaceutical industry would have been illegal, the wars would have had to have been paid for PRIOR to starting them, and we wouldn't be in the mess we're in.

Fair and simple taxes....
A budget that's balanced by law (PAYGO - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)​
Transparency in all things politics...​
And then build an economy that your kids can drive to the stars.

It ain't rocket science, y'all.
:smoke:

The Tea party isn't over and they aren't too right....YOU are just too left. Wanting taxes cut and the doing something about the deficit is not too far right. Only a blind lefty like you can't see that.

Cutting taxes increases the deficit.

In fact most of the National Debt was created by Reagan and Bush cutting taxes for the rich.

How long you going to continue to Repeat those canned Liberal Lies? Dude you have got to be the best little Marxist Propagandist on the board. Do you get your pay checks direct from the DNC?

lol

this it who the tea party is.

delusional people who in the face of the real world think that slinging middle school insults constitute fact on the ground.

To them its a religion, they dont need facts o their side they just BELIEVE they are the majority.

Romney has walked the walk. If he gets the Repo nod, it is well deserved. I am a bit surprised that Palin didn't run though.

She's young enough to have at least 2 more shots and smart enough not to go up against an incumbent with a couple of billion in the bank.

Could be. But age on a woman doesn't set well. That is just the way the world works. The oldest woman is almost always the first one voted off the island.

Republicans always move "to the left" when moving to the left gives their masters more money or more control.

This isn't obvious?

It goes either way on both sides. Duh.

Kind of the definition of American Politics, eh? Keep the promises flowing to keep the cash flowing...

I suspect all three of us are on the same page in respect to THIS issue, eh?

I suspect anyone with an IQ over room temperature is on the same page on this.

Electing a vulture capitalist is a move to the "left"? I doubt that.

Mitt Romney will be the Republican nominee and despite all the gnashing of teeth and complaints by the far right that he is not conservative enough, the Tea Party will turn out and vote for him simply because he is not Barack Obama. Independents will also vote for him both because he isn't a far right candidate and because he has a record of fixing broken things...which is what this country is right now.

Rather than worry about Republicans moving toward the center...which is what they needed to do to win against Obama...you might better spend your time worrying about the Democratic Party not "moving" at all. How many bills do you think will be piled up on Harry Reid's desk by next Fall? 50? 100? Hard to portray the other party as "obstructionists" when you've become the black hole of legislation.

So Republicans always have to chose someone who is more liberal than they are.

True.

It’s a concession to the fact conservatives don’t decide presidential elections.

The problem is that you can only vote for whomever decides to run. The Repo has an obvious lack of brass balls and most of them are happy to sit on the sidelines getting as fat as Christie. There arent' many men or women who actually want to take up the mantle of leadership but want to sit on their arses collecting a check instead. Too bad.

Why is it ‘too bad’?

Why run against an incumbent president and lose, effectively ending your political career, when you can run in 2016 with no incumbent and win?

It sounds smart, not ‘too bad.’

Mitt Romney will be the Republican nominee and despite all the gnashing of teeth and complaints by the far right that he is not conservative enough, the Tea Party will turn out and vote for him simply because he is not Barack Obama.

Indeed. The Tea Party's stranglehold on the GOP is effectively over.

My strong opinion about the Tea Party is that they are NOT a racist organization, and that they have only opposed Obama because of his views on how the government should be run.

However, my opinions will be disproven if Mitt Romney is elected and the Tea Party does not continue as strong as before.

Mitt Romney will be the Republican nominee and despite all the gnashing of teeth and complaints by the far right that he is not conservative enough, the Tea Party will turn out and vote for him simply because he is not Barack Obama.

Indeed. The Tea Party's stranglehold on the GOP is effectively over.

The Tea Party hasn't disappeared, Greenie...they're still out there and they're still angry about all the deficit spending and government waste. They have however learned a lesson about politics. They now know that nothing's going to change until Obama's gone. They know that they missed an opportunity to take back the Senate because they didn't run electable candidates against tax and spend liberals. I don't see them making that same mistake again. If you don't realize that will be the Tea Party's "goal" in 2010, then I think you're sorely mistaken. The Tea Party will be working to replace Obama and take the Senate back. Once that occurs they will be working to get rid of ANY policitian that doesn't cut spending and get rid of government waste.

Last edited:
The Tea Party hasn't disappeared, Greenie...

I don't disagree. It seems they wised up and realized 1) their candidates are unelectable, and 2) the only hope is to fall in line behind the Romneys of the party and kiss the ring of the establishment.

As I said, their stranglehold on the GOP is effectively over.

Forum List

Back