Republicans LIE about the tax hike hurting small businesses

Yo Ili

1- Does it hurt individuals to learn a marketable skills and find a fucking job

2- Does it hurt politicians to stop invading every fucking country on the face of mother earth

3- Does it hurt parasites to continue demanding more welfare type handouts

Never mind what a tax hike will do to a small business until you own one.

Come on now, every Marxist in the forum owns several businesses - just ask them....

Good luck with that. Being that the economy is so rosy and shit, raising your prices is bound to be a windfall. Customers will be beating down your door, no doubt. Good thinking!

Where did you study business? School for the mentally challenged, perhaps?

It's quite evident that you don't have a very firm grasp on economics or business practices. Theoretical axioms in the class room are just that. They are a basis but do not reflect the challenges that occur in the real world. I don't have a business degree but have sold two companies and am working on my third.

Then by all means, help me out:

What considerations come into play when price-positioning consumer products?

If you do not know what you tax liability will be at the end of the fiscal year, nor how many widgets you'll sell, how can you cost it in the product?

Why in the fuck burden your pricing model with guesstimated tax costs, at risk of diminished unit sales?

Ah fuckit, let me answer, pretending I have a little corner store: basically, I'm an idoit, but hope folks come in and buy stuff. If I was great business mind, I'd be pulling down the big bux working for a multi-national or sitting on the boards of corps. But I'm not, so I google (verb) it and find out that retail margin is 40% or so. Or I look at suggested retail, and take the reseller discount as my model for determining margin. Then I have an epiphany: $1.03 for candy bars is stupid. Make it 99 cents; I'll sell more.

Then, godwilling, I stay in business, and even have a nice profit (circa $80 grand or so). Then I think, I'm a genius, and ponder ways of getting more profit. God how I'd love to get it to $300 grand or even more. I could then brag about paying more tax than other make. Yippee for me!!!

(tip: taxes are what come after, if you're lucky)

After one calendar year, I'll have an educated idea based on receipts and will adjust accordingly. However, I don't have your same view. I don't fantasize about paying more taxes. I prefer less taxes and more profit so I can grow which, in turn, allows me to hire more employees, buy more from vendors and offer more services at a reduced cost. Stick to your convenient store model and stagnate. I'll continue to grow.

It's quite evident that you don't have a very firm grasp on economics or business practices. Theoretical axioms in the class room are just that. They are a basis but do not reflect the challenges that occur in the real world. I don't have a business degree but have sold two companies and am working on my third.

If you do not know what you tax liability will be at the end of the fiscal year, nor how many widgets you'll sell, how can you cost it in the product?

Why in the fuck burden your pricing model with guesstimated tax costs, at risk of diminished unit sales?

Ah fuckit, let me answer, pretending I have a little corner store: basically, I'm an idoit, but hope folks come in and buy stuff. If I was great business mind, I'd be pulling down the big bux working for a multi-national or sitting on the boards of corps. But I'm not, so I google (verb) it and find out that retail margin is 40% or so. Or I look at suggested retail, and take the reseller discount as my model for determining margin. Then I have an epiphany: $1.03 for candy bars is stupid. Make it 99 cents; I'll sell more.

Then, godwilling, I stay in business, and even have a nice profit (circa $80 grand or so). Then I think, I'm a genius, and ponder ways of getting more profit. God how I'd love to get it to $300 grand or even more. I could then brag about paying more tax than other make. Yippee for me!!!

After one calendar year, I'll have an educated idea based on receipts and will adjust accordingly. However, I don't have your same view. I don't fantasize about paying more taxes. I prefer less taxes and more profit so I can grow which, in turn, allows me to hire more employees, buy more from vendors and offer more services at a reduced cost. Stick to your convenient store model and stagnate. I'll continue to grow.

What's your product, and how are you now pricing it compared to how you were previously?

And so I can be reciprocal, here's how I price mine, which without diminishing my anonymity, here goes:

B2B software, developed and sold in Germany, that I have a master distributor agreement to sell (dealers and end-users) in the Americas, and Pacific Rim. It's a machine control, for machines used primarily in small businesses. The US list is based on par with its Euro price in Europe and Africa, from which I have 60%-off.

Some sells at full list, which is gravy. But most comes through promotional pricing, since other competitive products (less features and brand strength) sell for half, or even less than half, of what mine does. So I offer cross-grades (users of other similar machine control software), at about half of list. But I cannot do that and make money, so I've worked out a 50% margin deal on those units, with my German developer.

At no time does the tax I'll pay on profits come into my decision making on unit pricing. Taxes come after. Pricing is exclusively based on volume and margin targets, with maximized return the ultimate goal. And finding the point of diminishing return, is that. So I also test market pricing, to smaller target audiences, before taking it internationally.

Cool? Thus mind sharing how your pricing model, including projected FIT, works? One business owner to another?

TIA

Typically the profit margin in retail foods is less than 2%. A gross margin of 20-30% is fairly typical, with convenience stores hoovering at the higher end.

Safeway, for instance, has a profit margin of 1.7%. Retail grocery sales are a razor thin margin that depends more on product turn to minimize spoilage than any other factor.

SWY - SAFEWAY INC Financial Ratios - Forbes.com

The "American" Left is to the left of real Communists in Cuba, China, Russia and Vietnam, that's how far out in whackadooland they are

I prefer less taxes and more profit so I can grow which, in turn, allows me to hire more employees, buy more from vendors and offer more services at a reduced cost. Stick to your convenient store model and stagnate. I'll continue to grow.

Then stop complaining about personal taxes. The money you are spending on business expansion are not subject to any tax.

Only the part of your business revenue that you are spending on yourself is taxed -- and you will have to spend more than 250K on yourself to be affected under Obama plan.

Typically the profit margin in retail foods is less than 2%. A gross margin of 20-30% is fairly typical, with convenience stores hoovering at the higher end.

Safeway, for instance, has a profit margin of 1.7%. Retail grocery sales are a razor thin margin that depends more on product turn to minimize spoilage than any other factor.

SWY - SAFEWAY INC Financial Ratios - Forbes.com

Thanks. Try not to get too mired in profit after all other expense. We're talking pricing models.

In retail grocery, they're all over the map. Milk and bread (store brands) are often loss-leaders. Center aisle products, especially canned good, real thin. Circa 15%. The end-caps / perimeter is where the profit lies. Beverages 30%; Beverage alcohol 40%; Deli even more. But produce is the gold mine. (Note: typical margin ranges, not precise.)

Thanks. Try not to get too mired in profit after all other expense. We're talking pricing models.

In retail grocery, they're all over the map. Milk and bread (store brands) are often loss-leaders. Center aisle products, especially canned good, real thin. Circa 15%. The end-caps / perimeter is where the profit lies. Beverages 30%; Beverage alcohol 40%; Deli even more. But produce is the gold mine. (Note: typical margin ranges, not precise.)

Again, that aggregate runs close to 20% for chains and 30% for the 7-11 type stores. You might have 40% on some items, but the overall GM% will run closer to 20%

If our mysterious owner pays himself $80K, then he will see very little increase in equity and will need to be satisfied with his salary.

Again, that aggregate runs close to 20% for chains and 30% for the 7-11 type stores. You might have 40% on some items, but the overall GM% will run closer to 20%

If our mysterious owner pays himself $80K, then he will see very little increase in equity and will need to be satisfied with his salary.

Why? How can assume that without knowing gross sales and margin?

Sure. But how does $80 grand come into play?

You do recall that it was YOUR number, yes? I assume you pulled it from your ass, like everything else in your post.

Yeah; merely a fictional scenario on which I said they got lucky in the first year and made 80 grand profit.
Then I guess you have something you'd like to embellish the fiction with, yet haven't explained the mechanisms. But better late than never.

What's your thought.

Forum List

Back