Republicans Keep Cutting Social Programs and Education to Pay For...

Laying off teachers and increasing class sizes are a stupid way to fix the problem.

Actually, the best way to fix the problem is to fire all the teachers and give every parent a voucher. Government schools will always be disasters. They are run for the benefit of teachers, not students and parents.

Utter ignorance and simple minded talking points (like I have never heard your solution before).
Don't Taz me hit the nail on the head when he posted,,,,
"I don't disagree with you. They always threaten to lay off teachers, but don't focus enough into severing administration and bureaucrats who don't directly add to the education in the classroom."
It's actually the American Business/Government Model, the administration eats up a lot of capital via top heavy, redundant and unnecessary bureaucratic administrative costs. Most teachers put a lot of extra time and many take money out of their own pockets for supplies because of the schools capital short-falls. Also teachers pay for their further education to enhance performance their job which in most cases is required.
Secondly, it's not the teachers who set the curriculum, it's usually the state, the School Board and the administration of the school who do that. And then there's the mandates,,,.

Last edited:
In Kentucky where they have cut education and medicare:
$43 million tax break approved for Ark Encounter theme park

In New Jersey where Christie is decimating School funding:
Christie Bails Out ‘American Dream’ Mall With $400 Million

In Ohio where Gov Kasich is cutting education and children's health:
Gaming Expert to Make $15 Million from State

In Texas where they are dealing with a record budget deficit and potentially laying of thousands and thousands of teachers:
Texas Taxpayers Finance Formula One Auto Races as Schools Dismiss Teachers

Republicans are showing us time and time again that they don't give a tinker's damn about the American people and only care about furthering corporate interests (and padding their own pockets)

Hey libturd. We the People paid big bucks to education and teacher's unions and you pissed it all away and you graduate morons who can't read or write. and the other 50% of the kids don't even graduate. so cry us a river whydonchya?
Nice try Teatard, (one good "tard" deserves another) but it ain't the unions fucking up our school system.

How Finland Reached the Top of the Educational Rankings

95% of Finland's teachers belong to a union...

Yes Finland teachers unions aren't ruining the US education system I agree. Haha Finland? Yeah you aren't comparing apples and oranges or anything.

In Texas where they are dealing with a record budget deficit and potentially laying of thousands and thousands of teachers:

Republicans are showing us time and time again that they don't give a tinker's damn about the American people and only care about furthering corporate interests (and padding their own pockets)

We need jobs, not social programs.

Government involvement in education is the biggest mistake.

do you even understand how our education system works?

Sadly enough, I do. I was a product of such inefficiency. Then I went off to college at a state school which was a little better and then really got kicked in the face when I got into the real world and learned it was nothing what high school and college taught.

I'm gonna homeschool my kids.

The United States of America spends more on public education than any other nation in the world, with poor results to show for it. Schools are awash in cash; they just don't spend it on the classroom.

Furthermore, the biggest problem with public education in this country is not and never has been money. It's cultural.
We also spend twice as much as any other nation on health care. The result is obviously pathetic.

Again the reason why we in the USA spend so much for health care,,,administration costs. Ah,,the wonderful world of bureaucracy.

We need jobs, not social programs.

Education, is now a social program? :eek:

Nice try Teatard, (one good "tard" deserves another) but it ain't the unions fucking up our school system.

Funny, our schools have been doing everything on that list, and it hasn't worked.

Do you suppose that perhaps they aren't the real reason?

We used to do it like Finland. We used to not have such a drastic disparity between, say, what a lawyer makes and what a teacher makes. Finland recruits the TOP graduates to become teachers and PAYS them accordingly. We don't.

Hey libturd. We the People paid big bucks to education and teacher's unions and you pissed it all away and you graduate morons who can't read or write. and the other 50% of the kids don't even graduate. so cry us a river whydonchya?

Teachers are supposed to teach. They don't teach. They don't give a shit. Our students have been sold down the river by libtard teachers and their unions.

Teachers are supposed to teach. They don't teach. They don't give a shit. Our students have been sold down the river by libtard teachers and their unions.

I think every single one of these talking-point-teacher-haters-because-they-are-union posters need to educate themselves on how much of the school budgets are eaten up my none union administrative waste and how school curriculums are decided and administered. You people obviously have no clue. All I see is the same ignorant BS that you took form some talking points site that offers no evidence that the problem is specifically the teachers and paints their picture with flash words to get their tools all excited.
FYI, I'm not a teacher nor have I ever belonged to a union,,I just live in the world of reality that is sans of ideological driven intent.

So we should only have "for profit" education systems? When and where has THAT worked?

Ever hear of private and parochial schools?

:lol:

So those as the ONLY models have worked where? I find it unconscionable that people would advocate for only the wealthy being educated in the 21st century. :eusa_eh:

I find it unconscionable that you think that public schools actually provide proper education for children these days.

Laying off teachers and increasing class sizes are a stupid way to fix the problem.

Indeed. It indicates that conservatives in particular and the public who vote for rightists in general place very little value in education.

It will eventually be our undoing.

Indeed. It indicates that conservatives in particular and the public who vote for rightists in general place very little value in education.

It will eventually be our undoing.

They see very little value in government brainwashing. They place great value on true education. You'll never get that from a government school.

I think every single one of these talking-point-teacher-haters-because-they-are-union posters need to educate themselves on how much of the school budgets are eaten up my none union administrative waste and how school curriculums are decided and administered. You people obviously have no clue. All I see is the same ignorant BS that you took form some talking points site that offers no evidence that the problem is specifically the teachers and paints their picture with flash words to get their tools all excited.
FYI, I'm not a teacher nor have I ever belonged to a union,,I just live in the world of reality that is sans of ideological driven intent.

Oh we have a clue all right. And it was on full display in Wisconsin. Teachers marching in the streets, calling in sick, telling lies, getting physicians to write fraudulant excuses for them, dragging the students into the streets too to lie for them.. Yep it was all on parade and it was no joke and it was no talking point either. Budrow.

By GDP, we rank #38. You cannot compare our spending with another nations on direct dollar basis, because of the differance in what we have and what things cost here.

The reality is, by what we are capable of doing, we spend damned little on education.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_spending_on_education_(%_of_GDP)

Yes, we can compare our spending on a direct dollar basis because things cost what they cost. We don't buy products in units of GDP you dumb shit so back to playing with your pet rock and shut the fuck up.

We used to do it like Finland. We used to not have such a drastic disparity between, say, what a lawyer makes and what a teacher makes. Finland recruits the TOP graduates to become teachers and PAYS them accordingly. We don't.

You're delusional. In the past teachers made even less than they do now.

Liberal ideology is based mostly on a fantastical understanding of the past.

Forum List

Back