Republicans, just looking for some input on Romney

Yes, this has been discussed on many threads, but everybody hasn't yet discussed it, and it is a legitimate topic and one that needs to be kept out there if the Republicans want any kind of chance to get their message out. The mainstream media isn't going to do that for them.

As I have posted on several of the other threads, Romney was not my first choice over several other GOP hopefuls or those who should have been in the race. But it appears that he has been the first choice of most Republicans in most states, and I won't get my way about that.

So I will now support him as a person worthy of support. He is pretty squeaky clean re any nasty scandals. He has a proven track record of success in management and problem solving with just enough failure to keep him not too cocky or feeling invincible. He has demonstrated that he knows how to identify and recruit good people to shore up those areas in which he is less competent, and he knows how to facilitate cooperation to get things done.

Yes, I think Romney will make a quite competent President.

Yes, this has been discussed on many threads, but everybody hasn't yet discussed it, and it is a legitimate topic and one that needs to be kept out there if the Republicans want any kind of chance to get their message out. The mainstream media isn't going to do that for them.

As I have posted on several of the other threads, Romney was not my first choice over several other GOP hopefuls or those who should have been in the race. But it appears that he has been the first choice of most Republicans in most states, and I won't get my way about that.

So I will now support him as a person worthy of support. He is pretty squeaky clean re any nasty scandals. He has a proven track record of success in management and problem solving with just enough failure to keep him not too cocky or feeling invincible. He has demonstrated that he knows how to identify and recruit good people to shore up those areas in which he is less competent, and he knows how to facilitate cooperation to get things done.

Yes, I think Romney will make a quite competent President.

As I always expect from Fox, thanks for the great post.

I never understand why people complain about how often a thread is posted. If you're bored with threads like this, avoid them. I haven't seen a lot of threads about whether or not republicans think romney will be a good president or just an improvement.

What do you think better describes a potential Romney president?

1.) I think he'll be a good president

2.) I don't think he'll be a good president, just an obvious improvement over Obama

Just let me know what you think and maybe an explanation as to why, thanks :)

Good is a relative term... Would he be better than what we currently have?? Almost undoubtedly so... Would I consider him with the possibility of being one of the greats?? Highly doubtful... Does he supposedly have the will to bring about change that conservatives want in government spending, tax reform, etc?? Looks like it... Whether he follows thru or uses the position correctly to bring it about would have to be seen... The country elected Bush II (and please, wingers, don't go off on the tangent about the election conspiracy bullshit) who did not act very conservative fiscally after talking the big game... And there is a chance Romney would be a lot like that as he is very much a moderate...

I only hope and contend that if he wins, that he does things along the conservative line.. and if not, I would hope that he would be defeated and replaced with someone who will in the next election... as I will continue to stand for smaller government, an equalized and simplistic tax system, and the huge gutting of government spending

2.) I don't think he'll be a good president, just an obvious improvement over Obama

1. Does a man make history, or do external events make the man?

2. See # in re do I think Romney would be a good president; and, if Romney had faced what Obama faced I think the Hoover Administration and their response to the crash of '29 is an example of what would have befell us.

I agree, Drock. Most are Romney attack threads, Ron Paul promotion threads, or comparisons between Romney and Bush or Romney and Obama.

I really appreciate a thread in which we are encouraged to support the candidate rather than just defend him.

2. See # in re do I think Romney would be a good president; and, if Romney had faced what Obama faced I think the Hoover Administration and their response to the crash of '29 is an example of what would have befell us.

Wry we already know you think the sky would fall if any republican ever held any office, hence why i posed this question to republicans.

Wry we already know you think the sky would fall if any republican ever held any office, hence why i posed this question to republicans.

No, the sky will not fall, that's for the Henny Penny Dancers (those on the right); when Republicans are in control the retirement savings of working class Americans shrinks or disappears.

You missed one other option, which is the one I'd pick which is 3) No, I don't think he'll be a good president .

Why don't I think he'll be a good president?

Because he's shown that he's willing to pander to anyone, even if it means reversing positions that he'd held only 6 months ago.

His support of the Ryan budget, which is what Jr. was doing only on steroids. Remember what caused this depression? That's right.........the failed policies of the last admin.

Currently, unemployment is at 8.1 percent and it's projected to be somewhere around 7.5 by the end of the summer. The DOW has been closing at ABOVE 13,000 for a while now, and when Obama took over, it was somewhere around 7,500, so no, returning to Jr's policies will only succeed in driving the economy over the cliff. By the way, if you want to talk about imposing austerity measures while NOT raising taxes? Look no farther than Ireland and Britian, where those policies have resulted in an even worse economy for them.

And then, there's that whole Mormon thing, because according to their religion, women are subservient to their husbands and regarded as property, so I don't think his stance on womens issues is going to be good.

Shit.................even the Catholic Bishops have said that the Ryan plan is AGAINST what he'd claimed, saying that his Catholic beliefs is what allowed him to make that budget. If the priests of your religion are saying it's not in accordance with the teachings of your church, then you'd better re-think your priorities.

Forum List

Back