Republicans, just looking for some input on Romney

Dr.Drock

Aug 19, 2009
What do you think better describes a potential Romney president?

1.) I think he'll be a good president

2.) I don't think he'll be a good president, just an obvious improvement over Obama

Just let me know what you think and maybe an explanation as to why, thanks :)

This is only about the 8th thread like this that has been started.

I'll say go with the Republican with the long fiscal record of private and public success, because everyone knows Libertarianism isn't a real option for anyone.

I think he COULD be a good president but is definitely an improvement over Obama. I may be just cynical, but I hold out little hope that he'll be much more than that.

Last edited:
I should've requested grown up answers only.

Predfan thanks for your input.

Oh, this wasn't just another Libertarian bait-thread, then?

LOL

Simply asking, like the OP says, if you think he'll be a good president or if you think he won't be but will be an improvement.

Me being a Paul supporter is as relevant to this thread as me liking pretzels.

Any input or just more hypersensitive hysterics?

I'll say go with the Republican with the long fiscal record of private and public success, because everyone knows Libertarianism isn't a real option for anyone.
You MUST be a troll by profession, the OP asked a very simple question.

LOL

It definitely quacks like a duck.

Romney will be a good competent president. He will restore some sense of balance in the regulatory world between the Obama "Crucify 'em!" crowd and business. He has a good record of working across party lines. He is less divisive than Obama, not that it wouldn't be hard. In foreign policy he will be pretty Republican conventional, strengthening alliances with traditional allies and seeking to expand US influence.
I wouldn't look for earth-shattering but competent leadership. And right now that looks pretty good.

LOL

Romney will be a good competent president. He will restore some sense of balance in the regulatory world between the Obama "Crucify 'em!" crowd and business. He has a good record of working across party lines. He is less divisive than Obama, not that it wouldn't be hard. In foreign policy he will be pretty Republican conventional, strengthening alliances with traditional allies and seeking to expand US influence.
I wouldn't look for earth-shattering but competent leadership. And right now that looks pretty good.

This thread is about as controversial as off white wallpaper.

Thanks for your explanation.

LOL

I would also add that Romney has a strong "Fiscally Conservative" track record as governor of Mass- balanced the budget every year and left a surplus. He understand business and what it takes to get the private sector moving. I hope he'll be a great POTUS, but regardless, he is infinitely preferable over Obama.

Romney will be just like Bush, McCain, and Bob Dole.
He will pussyfoot around the democrats so much that the
only real effect of his term in office will be to make Americans
vote the same way they did in 2008, namely, for a democrat.
We need someone like Ron Paul in office because no-one else
will push what needs to be pushed, and follow "the ten commandments",
aka the bill of rights, all of which have been evaded and blatantly
attacked be the leftists, with the exception of the third amendment.
I would disagree with him on abortion, because it isn't a matter of
the tenth amendment, it is a matter of criminal actions, specifically,
murder.

Romney will be just like Bush, McCain, and Bob Dole.
He will pussyfoot around the democrats so much that the
only real effect of his term in office will be to make Americans
vote the same way they did in 2008, namely, for a democrat.
We need someone like Ron Paul in office because no-one else
will push what needs to be pushed, and follow "the ten commandments",
aka the bill of rights, all of which have been evaded and blatantly
attacked be the leftists, with the exception of the third amendment.
I would disagree with him on abortion, because it isn't a matter of
the tenth amendment, it is a matter of criminal actions, specifically,
murder.

This has nothing to do with the OP.

Romney will be a good president. Better than Obama. Better than Bush. Better than Clinton.

2.) I don't think he'll be a good president, just an obvious improvement over Obama

pimping does not become ewe.

I think Obama's nasty, negative, Neo-Marxist governing and campaigning style will stay with Romney long after Obama's gone back to Macacaland in 2012.

Unlike his predecessor, Romney is pro-America, pro-Free Enterprise and understands capital markets and entrepreneurship.

Romeny 2012: Change, this time for the better

^^^ That pretty much sums it up.

I think Romney will be a good president. I think he has the skill set that we need to rebuild our economy right now and will be able to deal with foreign affairs in a straightforward manner.

I think that anything is possible. Going off what Mitt's own proposed budget he is about 100% on par with Obama.

Chances that Mitt does anything good for the country though policy is extremely limited. About the only thing Mitt has going for him is that he is not Obama, that will help with companies that want to hire or expand but only slightly as the demand will still be weak.

My Prediction is in 4 years if Mitt is President the GE platform for the opposing party will be to get spending and the deficit under control as Mitt will more than likely be adding substantially to the overall deficit as Obama has.

This is the problem of course with the Republican party, they are liberal lites, they spend slightly less and add new regulations about the same. Oh, and they cut taxes about the same.... oddly, but neither side will cut that spending.

Forum List

Back