Republicans in key states want to change the rules to make it easier for them to win"

Republicans, aka American conservatives, are not fans of democracy. Privilege does not like sharing the fruits of the nation. Why this is not clear to them is hard to fathom. The conservative republican would be fighting for English rule had the band of idiots in congress today existed then. No progress is ever made under a conservative president, in the past there was some progress under a republican president but that has changed.

If anyone wants to understand political conservatism, I suggest Albert O. Hirschman's brilliant 'The Rhetoric of Reaction.' "He argues that a triplet of 'rhetorical' criticisms--perversity, futility, and jeopardy--'has been unfailingly leveled' by 'reactionaries' at each major progressive reform of the past 300 years--those T. H. Marshall identified with the advancement of civil, political and social rights of citizenship...Charmingly written, this book can benefit a diverse readership." The Rhetoric of Reaction - Albert O. Hirschman - Harvard University Press.

"If conservatism is the ideology of freedom, how come they’re the ones who are always trying to take that freedom away from us, especially women and minorities? Why did they fight against the effort to end slavery, or to give women and minorities the vote, or to protect them from discrimination? Why are they still supporting efforts to disenfranchise minorities?" The Regressive Antidote - If Conservatism Is The Ideology of Freedom, I'm The Queen of England

"The present paper defends the attitude that I just expressed in my answer to the chair’s question. I have for decades harbored strongly conservative, that is, strongly small-c conservative, opinions, on many matters that are not matters of justice, and I here mount an exposition and defense of what I believe to be my widely, although perhaps not universally, shared, conservative attitude. (I do not have conservative views about matters of justice because what conservatives like me want to conserve is that which has intrinsic value, and injustice lacks intrinsic value 2 (and has, indeed, intrinsic disvalue). I shall say something in section 7 about the relationship between small-c conservatism and large-C Conservatives, many of whom are indeed devoted to conserving injustice.)" Gerald Cohen http://politicalscience.stanford.edu/sites/default/files/workshop-materials/pt_cohen.pdf

A Short History of Conservative Obstruction to Progress | Conceptual Guerilla

No nation was ever founded by a conservative for in order to do so the conservative would need to consider things larger than just their personal interests.

do you ever have a thought of your own?......or do we always have to see quotes from someone you want to be like?....

It is funny seeing liberal scum try to claim they have educated voters when they own the dumbest segments of society in black and hispanic people....also, they are the biggest criminals in this society.

Dumb criminals = Democrap voters

you dont sound to bright yourself......i think you have gone Bezerk.....

Forum List

Back