Republicans in key states want to change the rules to make it easier for them to win"

DaGoose

Gold Member
Nov 16, 2010
Illinois
Here we go again. :eusa_whistle: :cuckoo:

After back-to-back presidential losses, Republicans in key states want to change the rules to make it easier for them to win.

.....GOP looks to rebound from presidential candidate Mitt Romney's Electoral College shellacking and the demographic changes that threaten the party's long-term political prospects.

So far, Republicans have only advocated for the change in states that have supported Democrats in recent elections.

GOP eyes new election laws - Yahoo! News

Last edited:
obama won by a very narrow majority. That means he is opposed by a huge number of people. I don't blame democrats for being fearful about it.

obama won by a very narrow majority. That means he is opposed by a huge number of people. I don't blame democrats for being fearful about it.

5 million votes isn't really that narrow of a victory. Don't you find it a bit strange that the GOP is only pursuing this in states they currently hold at the local level but that Obama won at the national level?

They were multiple counties in PA without any Romney votes. That is a little hard to believe

5 million votes isn't really that narrow of a victory. Don't you find it a bit strange that the GOP is only pursuing this in states they currently hold at the local level but that Obama won at the national level?

If the Democrats consider the idea evil, it must have considerable merit.

What? and change the rules the democrats implemented when they were in charged? The nerve of some people.

Do tell us when the current rules were implemented by Democrats, great historian. You don't find it strange that the GOP only wants to do this in states that Obama won?

If the Democrats consider the idea evil, it must have considerable merit.

Thanks for adding nothing to the thread.

Here we go again. :eusa_whistle: :cuckoo:

After back-to-back presidential losses, Republicans in key states want to change the rules to make it easier for them to win.

.....GOP looks to rebound from presidential candidate Mitt Romney's Electoral College shellacking and the demographic changes that threaten the party's long-term political prospects.

So far, Republicans have only advocated for the change in states that have supported Democrats in recent elections.

GOP eyes new election laws - Yahoo! News

I think your apes are higher than your IQ

What? and change the rules the democrats implemented when they were in charged? The nerve of some people.

Do tell us when the current rules were implemented by Democrats, great historian. You don't find it strange that the GOP only wants to do this in states that Obama won?

Well I know what the democrats did in North Carolina. They created a district 12 in 1990 that went through predominately minority areas.

NC12_109.gif

Well I know what the democrats did in North Carolina. They created a district 12 in 1990 that went through predominately minority areas.

NC12_109.gif

This thread isn't about redistricting. It is about Republicans changing the way a state's electoral votes are apportioned.

Forum List

Back