Republicans, I have a feeling...

Nole

Aug 14, 2012
most of you have good intentions when it comes to this voter fraud issue. I dont think many of you truly want to suppress any American voter.

However, In my eyes, I have to say this current push to require a voter ID is just silly.

First off, there are no massive accounts of voter fraud to speak of. In a system such as our, anomalies will occur from time to time. I just dont think this is the best way to deal with voter fraud. If voter fraud is even truly a issue hampering our elections.

I spend a lot of time over seas, mainly on Ascension Island, Antigua, Grand Bahama and many other islands. My time over seas is work related. My concern is for my friends who live at these USAF bases over seas and return home to vote. How can they have the time to get a ID say if there's is no longer valid. I just dont see how these laws help. god forbid if any of my friends return home and hove this issue. what a heart breaker.

Speaking from experience, a know about two dozen people who flew home just to vote in 2008, a day before the election and then flew back to work. Shame if any of these people get shafted by these new laws. I see that as extremely unAmerican.

most of you have good intentions when it comes to this voter fraud issue. I dont think many of you truly want to suppress any American voter.

I strongly disagree that "most" have good intentions! Some, maybe, but not "most"...

And "most" of them are too stupid to even know what they're talking about.

I felt like firing a shot across the deck early on would one set people on the defensive. I wanted a good, rational discussion w/o name calling. I know that's asking a lot but worth a try.

I just hate to see any American turned away form the polls because of these new laws. All one should require is a voter card that we all have, thats it.

Me thinks someone is full of shit.

"How can they have the time to get a ID say if there's is no longer valid. I just dont see how these laws help."

I work for the military very few fly home just to vote. In fact, I don't know any and I suspect neither do you.

Military can use absentee ballots and they should have valid I.D. Furthermore, if it's no big deal and there's so little fraud, what the hell is your issue with it?

Not one person in the military is going to get shafted by any law requiring I.D.

If I didn't know better I'd think a drama queen posted this.

P.S. What's a CAC?

I strongly disagree that "most" have good intentions! Some, maybe, but not "most"...

Hey, Running Toilet Water, the only ones against I.D. are the ones up to something nefarious.

However, In my eyes, I have to say this current push to require a voter ID is just silly.

First off, there are no massive accounts of voter fraud to speak of. In a system such as our, anomalies will occur from time to time. I just dont think this is the best way to deal with voter fraud. If voter fraud is even truly a issue hampering our elections.

I spend a lot of time over seas, mainly on Ascension Island, Antigua, Grand Bahama and many other islands. My time over seas is work related. My concern is for my friends who live at these USAF bases over seas and return home to vote. How can they have the time to get a ID say if there's is no longer valid. I just dont see how these laws help. god forbid if any of my friends return home and hove this issue. what a heart breaker.

Speaking from experience, a know about two dozen people who flew home just to vote in 2008, a day before the election and then flew back to work. Shame if any of these people get shafted by these new laws. I see that as extremely unAmerican.

They odds of your 'friends' travelling internationally without a photo ID are exactly..... zero.

Libtard Fail.

They odds of your 'friends' travelling internationally without a photo ID are exactly..... zero.

Libtard Fail.

He'll probably look up what a CAC is? Anyone in, or working for the military will know.

What stupid hypocracy we see here. The Republican leaders are at least a bit more honest. They admit that the whole purpose of the laws are to disenfranchise people in order to win elections.

Judge Upholds Penn. Voter ID Law; GOP Admits Law Designed to "Allow" Mitt Romney to "Win the State"

On Wednesday, a Pennsylvania judge upheld a controversial voter ID law that critics say could disqualify hundreds of thousands of voters. Republican lawmakers have openly admitted the law was designed to impact the result of the November election. In June, Pennsylvania House Majority Leader Mike Turzai listed off a number of legislative accomplishments. "Voter ID, which is going to allow Governor Romney to win the state of Pennsylvania: Done," Turzai said. Meanwhile, Florida, New Mexico and other states are being accused of purging voters ahead of the election. "Whenever states determine that they want to purge their rolls or clean up their rolls, it takes time. It has to be done efficiently and effectively. And waiting to do so so very close up to an election always raises concerns about why a state is doing it so close to an election," says Nicole Austin-Hillery of the Brennan Center for Justice. "We’re always concerned about errors and the fact that innocent people, individuals who are indeed eligible registered voters, we’re always worried about whether those people may be erroneously kicked off the rolls."

What stupid hypocracy we see here. The Republican leaders are at least a bit more honest. They admit that the whole purpose of the laws are to disenfranchise people in order to win elections.

Judge Upholds Penn. Voter ID Law; GOP Admits Law Designed to "Allow" Mitt Romney to "Win the State"

On Wednesday, a Pennsylvania judge upheld a controversial voter ID law that critics say could disqualify hundreds of thousands of voters. Republican lawmakers have openly admitted the law was designed to impact the result of the November election. In June, Pennsylvania House Majority Leader Mike Turzai listed off a number of legislative accomplishments. "Voter ID, which is going to allow Governor Romney to win the state of Pennsylvania: Done," Turzai said. Meanwhile, Florida, New Mexico and other states are being accused of purging voters ahead of the election. "Whenever states determine that they want to purge their rolls or clean up their rolls, it takes time. It has to be done efficiently and effectively. And waiting to do so so very close up to an election always raises concerns about why a state is doing it so close to an election," says Nicole Austin-Hillery of the Brennan Center for Justice. "We’re always concerned about errors and the fact that innocent people, individuals who are indeed eligible registered voters, we’re always worried about whether those people may be erroneously kicked off the rolls."

You do realize, Libtard, that you just admitted Democrats engage in mass voter fraud?

LOL

Personally I believe the DEMS are wrong on this issue.

My ONLY complaint about demanding voter ID is that there is no evidence that anybody is advancing any plan to make those voter IDs easily accessible to people.

I KNOW that for many people, at least hereabouts, getting any kind of picture ID can be a real pain in one's ass.

Getting an offical state ID here means that citizens have to travel at least 40 miles and spend a number of hours waiting for that ID to be created. Additionally, the paperwork that many people need to get that ID is often beyond their grasp, too.

So, while I support voter ID in principle, I can not support that law UNTIL every citizen can get those IDs without having to leave their congressional DISTRICT to get it.

My ONLY complaint about demanding voter ID is that there is no evidence that anybody is advancing any plan to make those voter IDs easily accessible to people.

I KNOW that for many people, at least hereabouts, getting any kind of picture ID can be a real pain in one's ass.

Getting an offical state ID here means that citizens have to travel at least 40 miles and spend a number of hours waiting for that ID to be created. Additionally, the paperwork that many people need to get that ID is often beyond their grasp, too.

So, while I support voter ID in principle, I can not support that law UNTIL every citizen can get those IDs without having to leave their congressional DISTRICT to get it.

Oh please. You need an ID to buy cigs. It is a modest requirement to protect our election process from wouldbe corruption of the Democrats.

You do realize, Libtard, that you just admitted Democrats engage in mass voter fraud?

LOL

Not at all. What was pointed out was an effort to disenfranchise voters that might vote against the GOP. And the fact that the GOP is quite willing to deny Americans the most basic right, that of voting, to fellow Americans in order to win elections.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/12/washington/12fraud.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

WASHINGTON, April 11 — Five years after the Bush administration began a crackdown on voter fraud, the Justice Department has turned up virtually no evidence of any organized effort to skew federal elections, according to court records and interviews.

Hey, Running Toilet Water, the only ones against I.D. are the ones up to something nefarious.

I think this is what the OP is really referring to;
Pennsylvania admits it: no voter fraud problem
By Jamelle Bouie

A court filing by the state of Pennsylvania, ahead of a trial starting later this week on a lawsuit filed by civil rights groups against the state’s new voter fraud law, contains an astounding admission:

The state signed a stipulation agreement with lawyers for the plaintiffs which acknowledges there “have been no investigations or prosecutions of in-person voter fraud in Pennsylvania; and the parties do not have direct personal knowledge of any such investigations or prosecutions in other states.”

In other words, the state knows that voter fraud is a nonexistent problem, but will nonetheless defend a law that could potentially disenfranchise a huge number of the state’s voters. Of course, it’s not hard to see why the state — and particularly its Republican governor — would continue to support the measure.

The Pennsylvania voter identification law — passed several months ago by state Republicans — is one of the strictest in the country. Under the law, voters are required to show an unexpired government-issued ID. If an ID is not issued by either the state of Pennsylvania or the federal government, then it will not be accepted (for instance, student IDs from schools outside of the state). If you do not have an ID, you can receive a free one as long as you have a Social Security card, official birth certificate, and two proofs of residency.
Pennsylvania admits it: no voter fraud problem - The Plum Line - The Washington Post

and this
But one of Pennsylvania’s top Republican leaders may have tipped his hand this weekend when he suggested to a meeting of Republican officials that the purpose of voter ID laws is to help his party’s presidential nominee win. PoliticsPA’s Kelly Cernetich quoted state House Majority Leader Mike Turzai at the Republican State Committee meeting:

He mentioned the law among a laundry list of accomplishments made by the GOP-run legislature. “Pro-Second Amendment? The Castle Doctrine, it’s done. First pro-life legislation – abortion facility regulations – in 22 years, done. Voter ID, which is gonna allow Governor Romney to win the state of Pennsylvania, done.”
Penn. Republican: Voter ID will help Romney win - Salon.com

I'm going to give the average Rank and File Republican the benefit of the doubt.

I think that they really do believe that there is some massive vote fraud going on with ACORN registered homeless people voting in throngs.

Because it's just impossible for them to accept that they lose elections fair and square, or that the people are rejecting their philosophy.

Why make voting any more difficult than it needs to be?
Isn't it supposed to be a basic democratic right?
Especially when there is no evidence of a problem with voter fraud.

Why make buying beer any more difficult than it has to be?

Please explain the connection.

Please explain the connection.

Oh, please, this guy doesn't make connections, he barely forms coherent thoughts.

Best ignored, really.

Forum List

Back