Republicans: Healthcare worse for Americans than 9-11

Who says it has to benefit you?

Who says everyone is as greedy as you?

Why is it that individuals that believe it is fine to appropriate monies from those that earned to give to those that did not, always feel the need to lecture others on greed?

In the same place it compels people to submit to a military draft.

No, actually not. The Congress is specifically empowered to raise and army and a navy in Article I, Section 8.

It does not say anything about health or health care or that Congress has any power over the health of the country in any way, shape, manner or form.

That's funny, I had no idea the word "raise" meant "force into service". You must be interpreting the Constitution, which makes you an activist judge.

I'm sure we could fill volumes with what you have "no idea" about.

It's called the "necessary and proper" clause. The Congress is allowed to use means that are necessary and proper to effectuate their legislation. So, if Congress has the power to legislate in an area, they have great latitude in how they do it. The draft is a "necessary and proper" method to raise an army/navy at some times.

I did see that your side didn't forget how to seek an amendment to repeal presidential term limits.......Sounds like a Chavez/Zelaya move to me......just sayin'

Your ignorance is astounding. Before this year, The Democrats tried to repeal the 22nd amendment in 2005, when George W. Bush was in office. Kind of hard to pull a Chavez when your guy isn't in the White House, don't you think? ts clear that some of them are just against the 22nd amendment, no matter who is in office.

"To establish post offices and post roads;" [/B

Article 1, section 8, clause 7 does not confer a right to a post office, you miserable little tickterd. It merely grants the power of Congress to establish it. Your ignorance demands a liberal perspective- you are too ill-informed to be anything else.

I did see that your side didn't forget how to seek an amendment to repeal presidential term limits.......Sounds like a Chavez/Zelaya move to me......just sayin'

Your ignorance is astounding. Before this year, The Democrats tried to repeal the 22nd amendment in 2005, when George W. Bush was in office. Kind of hard to pull a Chavez when your guy isn't in the White House, don't you think? ts clear that some of them are just against the 22nd amendment, no matter who is in office.

You can link that if its true. The amendment I'm talking about was submitted in 2009 by Congressman Serrano of NY.

It's called the "necessary and proper" clause. The Congress is allowed to use means that are necessary and proper to effectuate their legislation. So, if Congress has the power to legislate in an area, they have great latitude in how they do it. The draft is a "necessary and proper" method to raise an army/navy at some times.

Yet public health is in no way "necessary and proper" to "promote the general Welfare"

OK

So when are the Republicans going to repeal medicare?

What lecture? I was asking a question.

you are the one that would confiscate from the earners, to provide for those that have not earned. Which is greed. If I do not share my lunch money with you- that has little to do with greed. If you reach into my pocket and take my lunch money- different story

Yet public health is in no way "necessary and proper" to "promote the general Welfare"

OK

So when are the Republicans going to repeal medicare?

The general welfare clause is a general statement given specific meaning by the subsequent clauses. You'll notice that the two are separated by a semi-colon not a period. Perhaps if you were familiar with the English language, this would be meaningful to you. But why be excoriated by me when Madison does it so much more eloquently. From The Federalist 41:

Had no other enumeration or definition of the powers of the Congress been found in the Constitution, than the general expressions just cited, the authors of the objection might have had some color for it; though it would have been difficult to find a reason for so awkward a form of describing an authority to legislate in all possible cases. A power to destroy the freedom of the press, the trial by jury, or even to regulate the course of descents, or the forms of conveyances, must be very singularly expressed by the terms "to raise money for the general welfare."

But what color can the objection have, when a specification of the objects alluded to by these general terms immediately follows, and is not even separated by a longer pause than a semicolon? If the different parts of the same instrument ought to be so expounded, as to give meaning to every part which will bear it, shall one part of the same sentence be excluded altogether from a share in the meaning; and shall the more doubtful and indefinite terms be retained in their full extent, and the clear and precise expressions be denied any signification whatsoever? For what purpose could the enumeration of particular powers be inserted, if these and all others were meant to be included in the preceding general power? Nothing is more natural nor common than first to use a general phrase, and then to explain and qualify it by a recital of particulars. But the idea of an enumeration of particulars which neither explain nor qualify the general meaning, and can have no other effect than to confound and mislead, is an absurdity, which, as we are reduced to the dilemma of charging either on the authors of the objection or on the authors of the Constitution, we must take the liberty of supposing, had not its origin with the latter.

Perhaps if you were familiar with the English language, this would be meaningful to you.

Perhaps if you weren't such a condescedning prick, I'd actually care what you have to say and would have read the rest of your post.

But you are a condescending prick, therefore your opinion is meaningless to me, goodbye....

ok.

Now can I teach you? Do you know how to use the "quote" function, or are you a complete moron?

touche. I'll take "I'm a complete moron" for $500

This Constitutional arguemtn everyone keeps talking about is kind of wierd.

The Congress do have the policy to legislate and set up laws--thus the power granted to them by the Constituition. The question that the leftwinger should pose is "How is it unconstitutional?"

A law that is not unconstitutional can be empowered and kept. You guys that keep asking "where is it in the constitution" already know this and your arguement lacks some merit. Tell us, including me, how this horrible idea for UHC is not constitutional? Do not rely on our Forefathers inability to see the future as an arguement.

This Constitutional arguemtn everyone keeps talking about is kind of wierd.

The Congress do have the policy to legislate and set up laws--thus the power granted to them by the Constituition. The question that the leftwinger should pose is "How is it unconstitutional?"

A law that is not unconstitutional can be empowered and kept. You guys that keep asking "where is it in the constitution" already know this and your arguement lacks some merit. Tell us, including me, how this horrible idea for UHC is not constitutional? Do not rely on our Forefathers inability to see the future as an arguement.

The it's not in the constitution "constitutional" argument is the weakest of all. There is nothing in the constitution prohibiting health care.

How does Universal Health care benefit me If I already have Health care that I am okay with?

Who says it has to benefit you?

Who says everyone is as greedy as you?

Look at me, I am greedy!! I ask a simple question and the leftwinger gets emotional!!

Not my fault if your "dear Leaders" forgot to program you on how to answer that question!!

Thats what makes the plan so appealing, if you like your plan, you keep it.

How can it help you? Competition can help keep down costs, Small businesses can provide afordable healthcare, it assures that you cannot be dropped if you become sick, if you lose your job you still have healtcare option

Win...Win

Forum List

Back