Republicans Healthcare Replacement Plan

thats already occurred, many many times. and will continue to.

:lol:fantasy of mine?

let me ask you a Q I probably should have asked first-

is there enough access-care-treatments for everyone to have whatever they need when they need it?

Please show me where someone has died due to a denial of medical treatment in an emergency room.....and there were no repercussions.

Oh so now we are re-framing the debate? Who said emergency room? We did not delineate where or when.......

I honestly don't know the answer to your question. Maybe you can show me where we don't?

if you don't even know that, then what on earth are you debating?
if you are not even sure we have enough of what we 'need', this debate is vapor.

I will confess that I really don't understand why EVERY OTHER modern nation in the world can have some type of UHC and somehow we can't do it? That's bullshit.

all that glitters is not gold.

Rep. Paul Broun (R-GA) has introduced HR 299 which would do five things:

Repeal ObamaCare

Allow people to buy their health insurance across state lines

Allow people to join insurance pools

Encourage states to set up high-risk pools

Allow individuals and businesses to deduct 100% of their health care expenses (including insurance costs) from their taxes

This contains several of the elements of real reform that most people can agree on–elements Democrats claim they support–without the bloated bureaucracy, loss of freedom, and outright assault on the U.S. Constitution. Instead of adding to the operating cost of businesses, it helps ease their overhead.

Much more: http://www.dakotavoice.com/2011/01/...utm_campaign=Feed:+DakotaVoice+(Dakota+Voice)

I'd like to see an accounting of such a plan. My guess, if all Americans were provided free preventative medical care - covered by medicare - the real cost would be lower and the deficit would not explode. The plan you advocate is simply another handout to the medical-insurance complex.
A public option provides real competition.

Your belief is not valid accounting. I'd like to see a proper financial analysis (and not the CBO fiction) that supports this claim.

we both know that there is NO such thing as FREE...AND there are reputable reports that 'preventive care' is not the big catch all or fix as to what ails the system...;)

Trajan.....Oh so now we are re-framing the debate? Who said emergency room? We did not delineate where or when.......

Nobody reframed the debate.

Trajan.....if you don't even know that, then what on earth are you debating?

Your contention that if someone cannot afford medical treatment then they should be condemned to die.

Trajan.....if you are not even sure we have enough of what we 'need', this debate is vapor.

Translated: "I haven't got a clue either." :confused:

It is ironic that Rep. Broun is putting forth a health care bill, that encourages states to set up High Risk Pools. Georgia doesn't have a high risk pool. NEVER HAS. Most all other states, already had fully operational High Risk Pool, before ObamaCare passed.

Rep. Broun's home state, was one of the few states which NEVER got around to setting up a High Risk Pool.

Given that nearly 45,000 people die a year, from failure to obtain access to health insurance (for any amount of money), Georgia's decision not to set up High Risk Pools, or to participate in the post Health Care Plan programs, has cost so many lives; and to a lesser extent a loss of a great opportunity to help its residents. Pennysylvania, a state that decided to be pro-active, once ObamaCare passed, set up its own High High Pool, and decided to only charge $273 a month, for the highest category (oldest patients). Georgians are charge $750, for comparable coverage.

Rep. Broun's repeal and replace bill , HR 299 is very confusing. If he is for a total repeal of ObamaCare, does that mean Georgia goes back to the stone ages? Oh gosh, if so, how many more Georgians will die needlessly because no insurance company will pick them up?
Georgia already has one of the highest mortality rates in the nation.

God hear our prayers.

You can't get chemotherapy in an emergency room. And for the majority of those diagnosed with cancer, it is a life saver. Yes, the hospital MIGHT give you pain meds and send you on your way to hospice care, out of compassion, but they are not going treat the cancer. People who purport you can get all the care you need from your local emergency room are ignorant or disingenuous.

I was recently shocked to find hospitals don't even set broken bones these day; what can wait for another day does.

Forum List

Back