Republicans have a poor understanding of economics. They should have no place in making policy

I haven't seen anything close to that in Florida. Unleaded regular is going for $2.31 a gallon when I filled up last night.

Gas prices are always significantly higher here in the peoples republic. But there is something very odd going on. I can't figure out what it really is, but prices are highly unstable and appear completely detached to the price of oil.

So the OP stands: Repubs have no business, NONE, dictating economic policy given their abysmal record and don't bring up Raygun (R) because his bubble was based on defense spending (borrowing $$$ from the Chinese to hand over to defense contractors and handing the bill to our grandkids)

So the OP stands: Repubs have no business, NONE, dictating economic policy given their abysmal record and don't bring up Raygun (R) because his bubble was based on defense spending (borrowing $$$ from the Chinese to hand over to defense contractors and handing the bill to our grandkids)

So, you are a complete moron and partisan hack, but no one pays heed to your idiocy anywar...

So, you are a complete moron and partisan hack, but no one pays heed to your idiocy anywar...

:thup:

8bbzz4I.png

Are you going to argue with the 266,000 per job or not.

Those are the assertions that your "enemy" is putting out there. If you have something to back it up...go ahead.

That or make the case the 266,000 per job was acceptable.

Either way, the numbers he quoted are your own. So if those are not facts, then you should have no problem.

Keep your fucking lectures for someone who cares.

There is no point in arguing a false premise. There was much more to the stimulus than job creation, so you can't just divide the cost by the jobs created and say it cost X per job. What about the capital value of the infrastructure created? There's the cost of the materials they worked with. Or the cost saving to the unemployment insurance program, or welfare? Then there's the taxes paid to the Feds by the workers and the companies they worked for.

If you contract with 5 people for $500,000 to build you a house, do you think each guy gets $100,000? Or do you think that they likely spent $200,000 on materials, another chunk on equipment rentals and sub trades, had bookkeeping and administration costs, taxes on their profit, and each pocketed about $35,000 for the job?

You know, you're right ...

Why don't you tell us all about the capital value of all that infrastructure that wasn't created? Or, maybe about all that money that used to prop up failing alternative energy companies that crashed anyway?

Taxes? Hmmm ... let's see if I can figure that out. That would be the money I paid the government with money the government gave me, right? Interesting ..

The false premise is that the government can create growth ... it can't. It can only kill growth.

Gasoline prices were falling until Republicans took the House & Senate. Gasoline prices have been rising every since. Enjoy paying their inflation tax.

Care to prove that? I think you'll find your statement to be false ... but, go ahead, give it a try.

Forum List

Back