Republicans Hate Babies, schoolchildren, the elderly, unemployed, welfare, immigrants

Am I a good liberal lemming now?

Seriously you guys are saying that by cutting less than 1% of the total budget the republicans are trying to starve seniors?

Your also trying to say that by cutting the budget and spending they are actually going to add more to the debt than if they didn't spend less? This one is a doozie, and some liberals wonder why many americans view them as dim-witted.

Not all liberals mind you, there are many smart liberals out there but man the caliber of the ones posting here is just horrid.
As one of those horrid, dim-witted "liberals," I'm giving "PLYMCO_PILGRIM" up for lent!

If and when he/she has something of substance to discuss, then I'll try to fit "PLYMCO_PILGRIM" into my busy schedule.

Matthew 7:6 - "Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces."

Last edited by a moderator:
Self hate, arguing against their own interests, or hypocritical. Take your pick.

OR maybe it's all just a foolish lie pushed by the democrats for political points

Let me check again........Nope, it's definitely not that.

1. I don't hate myself
2. It's not in the interest to hate Babies, the elderly, the unemployed, those on welfare or immigrants
3. It's just a lie pushed by the democrats
4. what you assholles in the DNC fail to talk about are why you want to keep people on welfare and support illegal immigrants? If you give someone hand out that will enablke them to make more money than they would by earning it you are keeping them on welfare.

Seriously you guys are saying that by cutting less than 1% of the total budget the republicans are trying to starve seniors?

Your also trying to say that by cutting the budget and spending they are actually going to add more to the debt than if they didn't spend less? This one is a doozie, and some liberals wonder why many americans view them as dim-witted.

Not all liberals mind you, there are many smart liberals out there but man the caliber of the ones posting here is just horrid.

Look at what group of people are fear mongering now.
I think this kind of rhetoric is brought up everytime there is an attempt to roll back spending.

Babies, schoolchildren, the elderly, unemployed, welfare, immigrants
Wait a minute
I was a baby once
I will be one day one of the elderly
I have been unemployed in the past and maybe again someday
Even though my parents helped my Grand mothers they were on welfare before they passed away
Most of us have immigrants in our family trees

Sounds like you are accusing Republicans of self hate?

By the time I was 12, I preferred hanging around with the adults. I don't intend to ever be elderly. I've never been unemployed for more than 2 weeks since I started working. Nobody in my family has ever taken welfare aid. The immigrants in my family largely came here before there was a United States to come to.

You have no compassion or interest to help those who cannot help themselves? :eusa_hand:

They're the only ones who should be helped as they are the ones who need our help.

They are the ones that we can CHOOSE to help. I am against pretty much EVERY form of using tax money to suport those people. I CHOOSE which of them I want to help based on those whom I believe deserve it. Outside of that, I do not believe I have any responsibility to help those who cannot or will not help themselves.

By the time I was 12, I preferred hanging around with the adults. I don't intend to ever be elderly.

There in lies your problem you are either suicidal or living in a fantasy world. Sooner or later everybody get's old.

I wont speak for republicans but for many conservatives, who usually vote for republicans, there is no hate toward any of these groups that I see.

If you want to talk about it just provide me a specific example of conservatives hating one of those groups....please explain how you come to the conclusion that the conservative behavior and/or position justifies the description of hate.

If the fringe elements from the left area making such ridiculous accusations (hate), then they're no better than the fringe elements from the right who are also capable of making absurd accusations.

The problem boils down to how Republicans plan to tackle the problem of a society that is living longer because of medical advances. Just handing them a check and telling them they're on their own seems rather stupid, for a variety of reasons.

What if a person 55 or younger, who would presumably be placed on this "new" voucher system instead of the Medicare system, exhausts his/her voucher allotment because of some ongoing illness or injury? correct me if I'm wrong. However my understanding is that it's to helpe pay the premium, not things like co-pays, if there are any.Do those people thereafter get treated in an already overwhelmed and costly ER? Or do they just die in bed?

What if a person takes the annual check and cashes in for something other than medical care, maybe with a little kickback to some doctor? Then they suffer the consiquinces of being fools.

I do like Paul Ryan's proposal for Medicaid, however, which is to make block grants available to all the states which will force them to work within those limits instead of getting reimbursed for expenditures. (Vermont already does that.) What has happened with Medicaid is there are too many contracted out middle-men involved which are administering the program, much of it totally unnecessary. So blame states, not the federal government, for screwing up the Medicaid program.
It's hand in glove.

I think Ryans idea is to say; this is what needs to be done, lets banter from this point.

cus the dems $6B cut is the cost of a single day to run the Fed, and the House idea of $61B is just over 10 days.

Ones not even a token attempt and the other is bandaide on a bullet hole.

Ryan even describes his own proposal as just a blueprint by which to open up discussions, starting with the 2012 budget. What you're referring to is the stopgap, which is ridiculous. It's playing the worst kind of politics. When they're only $7 billion apart, they could have come to an agreement two weeks ago, not wait until the witching hour just to be able to grandstand a while longer.

I'll bet your IGNORE LIST is huge whenever you enter a room, i.e, mass exit.

I go out of my way not to be in the types of places to associate with the types of people that I really don't have a use for, so it really isn't that much of an issue, to be honest with you. You've never been likely to find me in those types of places or situations.

I have a small, core group of close friends and a somewhat larger group of associates based on particular activities. I generally go out of my way not to discuss politics, religion, etc... with those associates except as they directly relate to whatever the activity is unless I already know their viewpoints and find them to be agreeable with mine.

Uh huh, then why on earth would you want to come to a place like this? Lie much?

DAMN! You forgot the most important ones!!

Unions and government!

No gop deadpool is complete w/o those.

But you can also toss in;
Schools
books
all muslims
free speech
bikinis

From what I've learned, all conservative veiws lead to the death of something.

bikinis?

WTF?

Immie

Neked wimmin. :eusa_shhh:

DAMN! You forgot the most important ones!!

Unions and government!

No gop deadpool is complete w/o those.

But you can also toss in;
Schools
books
all muslims
free speech
bikinis

From what I've learned, all conservative veiws lead to the death of something.

bikinis?

WTF?

Immie

Don't tell me your skipping the meatings!

I thought it was very well known that we are going to put women in burquas, right after we plant a Cross and a Star of David on top of the White House.

If that was a typo, PLEASE don't correct it!! :lol:

Uh huh, then why on earth would you want to come to a place like this? Lie much?

There's very little chance of me physically assaulting anyone who disagrees with me through a computer monitor. Especially considering the ability to put people like you on Ignore. Unfortuantely real life doesn't have that sort of option, so it requires a lot more extensive use of filtering where I go and who I associate with, lest I end up in jail for assault (or worse).

OR maybe it's all just a foolish lie pushed by the democrats for political points

1. I don't hate myself
2. It's not in the interest to hate Babies, the elderly, the unemployed, those on welfare or immigrants
4. what you assholles in the DNC fail to talk about are why you want to keep people on welfare and support illegal immigrants? If you give someone hand out that will enablke them to make more money than they would by earning it you are keeping them on welfare.

Ironically, it's the Democrats who have pushed for stronger legislation to crack down on corporations who willingly hire illigal immigrants. But we're not ever going to go as far as deporting children of illegal immigrants who were born here, which is what some conservatives advocate. See as soon as something sensible makes it to the table, such as sweeping immigration reform, the yahoos come out with all sorts of wedges that place a stall on common sense legislation.

1. I don't hate myself

Ironically, it's the Democrats who have pushed for stronger legislation to crack down on corporations who willingly hire illigal immigrants. But we're not ever going to go as far as deporting children of illegal immigrants who were born here, which is what some conservatives advocate. See as soon as something sensible makes it to the table, such as sweeping immigration reform, the yahoos come out with all sorts of wedges that place a stall on common sense legislation.

Do you also think a person is entitled to the fruits of his labors even though his actions were illegal?

I think this kind of rhetoric is brought up everytime there is an attempt to roll back spending.

You can't just threaten to cut people off, or that kind of rhetoric will never stop. There are masses of Americans who don't know anything other than what they see in a headline, and make judgments accordingly.

bigrebnc1775 said:
By the time I was 12, I preferred hanging around with the adults. I don't intend to ever be elderly.

There in lies your problem you are either suicidal or living in a fantasy world. Sooner or later everybody get's old.

Maybe he's been living on a diet of ground up baby bones, with BBQ sauce added as he reached puberty.

I know this thread is meant to be a little silly, but when was the last time republicans had power in government and scaled back any big government program?

They created a huge one in the department of homeland security, and grew every big gov't program I can think of from 2001-2007 when they were in power.

Keep in mind this wasn't just a few rogue "rhinos" or whatever the term is, it was the entire party.

You can't just threaten to cut people off, or that kind of rhetoric will never stop. There are masses of Americans who don't know anything other than what they see in a headline, and make judgments accordingly.
There are masses of Americans who don't know anything other than what they see in a headline, and make judgments accordingly
Yep and some of those people even support the same things your support.

Not everyone has an interest in living long enough to be old. With my medical issues there's a chance I may not get there naturally. If I were to reach a point where I was no longer able to take care of myself, I have more than sufficient means to "Take Care of myself" (if you know get what I mean). :evil:

There's very little chance of me physically assaulting anyone who disagrees with me through a computer monitor. Especially considering the ability to put people like you on Ignore. Unfortuantely real life doesn't have that sort of option, so it requires a lot more extensive use of filtering where I go and who I associate with, lest I end up in jail for assault (or worse).

Not up to the task of a challenge and exchange of ideas, huh? :eusa_whistle:
Best you stay in your echo chamber, sonny. :lol:

Not up to the task of a challenge and exchange of ideas, huh? :eusa_whistle:

It's not a matter of whether I'm up to the "challenge" or not. I see no purpose behind the concept of "debate". My opinion isn't going to change. Your opinion isn't going to change. So why waste both of our time trying to do just that? I don't know about you, but I've got much better things to do with my time and energy. I've got no problem with discussion, which is simply the exchange of ideas, but once it gets to a "I'm right, you're wrong" level there's no point in it so far as I can see.

Best you stay in your echo chamber, sonny. :lol:

Yep. Much easier than having my brain cells turned to mush by listening to people like you and Maggie.

Not everyone has an interest in living long enough to be old. With my medical issues there's a chance I may not get there naturally. If I were to reach a point where I was no longer able to take care of myself, I have more than sufficient means to "Take Care of myself" (if you know get what I mean). :evil:

There's another problem of your's. You think old people can't take care of themseleves. None of my family members have been in a rest home and they lived to be very old, they took care of themseleves, and we took care of them when they needed it. They were working out in the garden and yard until they died and most died past 90

Forum List

Back