Republicans Gone Crazy

protectionist has had an epic meltdown.

Calling the elderly for what they are, buddy, is not a violation of the law.

Displays of ignorance don't help your case >>

The 2017 Florida Statutes
600x3_gradient.gif

Title XLVI
CRIMES Chapter 825
ABUSE, NEGLECT, AND EXPLOITATION OF ELDERLY PERSONS AND DISABLED ADULTS View Entire Chapter
F.S. 825.102
825.102 Abuse, aggravated abuse, and neglect of an elderly person or disabled adult; penalties.—
(1) “Abuse of an elderly person or disabled adult” means:
(a) Intentional infliction of physical or psychological injury upon an elderly person or disabled adult;
(b) An intentional act that could reasonably be expected to result in physical or psychological injury to an elderly person or disabled adult; or
(c) Active encouragement of any person to commit an act that results or could reasonably be expected to result in physical or psychological injury to an elderly person or disabled adult.
A person who knowingly or willfully abuses an elderly person or disabled adult without causing great bodily harm, permanent disability, or permanent disfigurement to the elderly person or disabled adult commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

Approximately same law exists in Alabama, currently being violated by the Moore accusers.

But the statute does not protect you, an anonymous poster here.
It protects anyone in Florida (where I am), over the age of 65 (I'm 71).Most states have the same law (or similar), including Alabama, which puts the Moore accusers in some legal jeopardy. :biggrin:

Nope. You are fair game here within the Board rules. No one is in any jeopardy for going after the lech Moore and his defenders.

Nope. You are fair game here within the Board rules. No one is in any jeopardy for going after the lech Moore and his defenders.
The board rules are merely the rules of USMB. That has no effect on Florida Statute 825.102 (and similar ones of other states). If a state wishes to prosecute you, they can and will. Hundreds of convicts are serving time right now on these
laws, dozens of them in Florida alone.

This a retirement state. You don't mess with seniors in Florida.

I mess with you all the time, oldtimer, as you do with me. Now you are just being a crotchety old man who is pissed that Roy Moore is in a pickle of his own making.

He was making a fool of himself on tv a few minutes ago.

Forum List

Back