Republicans, give President Obama a fair shake.

in my brain.

health care just like his
tax cuts for 95% of Americans
help with college in return for public service
an economy based on jobs "green jobs" I think he said
he vows to fight global poverty
higher taxes for corporations
tax incentives for corporations who keep jobs within the US
He's going to make the whole wide world love us

the last one he won't be able to do.

Because, of course, Obama was put into the job by his VP's hunting buddy... and of course, there is terrible controversy about his election...and, of course, he has no mandate for his policies...and of course, he's an inarticulate subliterate who let his admin get away from him while lying to everyone about WMD's....

oh wait.. that was Bush.

Good to know that it's situational with you and you haven't become a partisan hack or anything.

Boy are you gonna be cranky if he actually does a good job. I await your crankiness with anticipation.

You're so full of shit I bet your eyes are brown. Every accusation above is baseless, extremist partisan rhetoric that you have spewed for years and not proven so much as ONCE.

Unlike you, I'm not a partisan hack. When I start laying on Obama's ass it'll be with facts and the truth, unlike you and your ilk have done in your effort to revise history.

I've got a game so I don't have your blind, partisan bullshit one.

You voted for a candidate raised in arguably the most corrupt political system in this nation because there's a "D" behind his name. One who if he was a Republican you would be calling a rabid right wing religious freak who was out to force his morals on everyone else.

So STFU. Sell it to someone who might believe your garbage. I haven't bought it for years and I ain't startin' now.

Edit: Just as a reminder, the fact that I despise the Democrat party doesn't make me partisan to anyone or thing but ME.

If my tax were increased to pay off the debt I would be less oppossed to it. But that's not the deal. It will be used to increase the size of government as well as give those who do not pay Federal Tax a check in the mail (let's not debate this).

What I think would do to turn the economy around which would also generate more tax revenue would be:

1. Freeze or lower the Capital Gains tax. How about eliminate it entirely?

2. Renew the Bush tax cuts that are set to expire in 2010. How about eliminate income taxes entirely?

3. Immediately ratify trade agreement with Columbia. Is the President personally authorized to do that, or is that a function of Congress?

4. Lower Corporate Tax rate to same level as Ireland. Is the President personally authorized to do that, or is that also another function of Congress? Assuming we don't abolish it as well that is.

5. Freeze all Government spending. Is the President personally authorized ... ? Veto's are only effective if narrowly focused.

6. Get out of Iraq as soon as Iraqi is stable.

7. Implement an "all the above" energy policy so we can become energy independent as soon as possible.

8. Adopt whatever regulations are needed to protect Americans from unethical Wall St. behavior as well as ensure home loans are only given to those who can qualify based on traditional lending standards.

The questions in red are meant to point us in the direction of remembering that the President is limited in his power just as Congress is. However, we as the newly loyal opposition need to trumpet every anti-constitutional action to high heaven.

Well, certainly, we need to hold him accountable for what he promised.

Other than howling outrage, how can we do that? I have my own ideas, but I am more interested in others thoughts.

Deflecting as usual. When it was Bush, the second he was inaugurated everything was his fault and Clinton wasn't President any more, the latter being your favorite contribution right behind "Bush lied."

You've been revising history since day one so give it a rest. Just because someone telling the truth doesn't work with YOUR revisionist history doesn't mean a damned thing.

And let the concillatory Republicans and conservatives mealymouth if they want. I'm coming after your boy with every time he so much as wakes up facing the wrong direct. Just like YOU and your little crowd have done the past 8 years.

You like to dish crow ... now we're going to see how you like the taste.

Were you abused as a child?

I plan on giving Obama the same fair shake that the Liberals gave Bush. :eusa_whistle:

Same here....they can take their fake "can't we all just get along" bs and shove where the sun don't shine. They should have thought of being more civil and honest in the first place...not "anything goes to secure our goals" but now we want to be pals.. screw that.

That fraud Obama will not have my respect or support anytime soon if ever.

Were you abused as a child?

I'm with Gunney that every perceived misstep or what is considered bad policy or appointment should be ridiculed daily, for daily there will be something the man does. Hammer and hammer. Don't do it personally with 'chimp', 'lies', etc., rather illustrate how he and his party are personally leading the country down the wrong path. Lots of turning him into a joke and pointing out his hubris and how it's effecting the Congress. Mustn't forget to point out congressional ratings.

Well, I for one am wishing him well in what he accomplishes for us, because if he does well then we as a country will do well.... Honestly, I'm tired of our country having cruddy leadership.

I don't mean doing well for the few, but doing well for ALL of us...getting some good done for America, not just his or other's liberal agenda, but leading us in things that matter to most of us....like getting this economy going again, and moving us forward on diminishing our need for foreign oil, and taking steps to secure and reform SS for us older folks and for our children's children, or reducing the deficit.

So even though i couldn't vote for him, I still hope that he can be a good leader for all of us, because that would only mean we would all benefit and our children would too...and isn't this what WE REALLY WANT?

Or do we want to continue to spiral down for solely the purpose of the Party we support winning the next election?

I CHOOSE the former!

This is not to say Obama will accomplish ANY of those things that i mentioned above...in fact, it is pretty doubtful that he will in my measly brain....I don't have all of this blind optimism in him or in mccain or any of our leaders right now to do what is right for us and the way they did and handled this bailout was the straw that broke the camel's back for me....

BUT, wouldn't it be nice for a change if we could have a leader to lead, and move us out of this mess we are in and move America forward for us and our children's children?

so, as I said....I hope Obama does well!

care

Last edited:
I will do my best to respect the office, I will not give President Obama any passes though related to policy that I disagree with. No benefit of the doubt, nor assumption that 'he meant well.' Those days were over in 2000. Then nailed shut in 2004, when fraud charges, impeachment calls were flying all over. No, I will not act as so many 'Liberals' have, but no, he will not get a 'few.'

I'm right there with you.

Forum List

Back