Republicans get government out of their lives in Indiana

but you are not restricted from using the highway, anyone with a valid license is free to use any of the highway sytems in america.

Actually, I am. It's illegal for me to take my vehicle on any highway where the speed limit is greater than 50 mph. Of course, the taxes on the gas I buy go exactly to maintain those highways. And think of the people who run large landscaping and lawn care companies. They use all kinds of gas in their mowers that never hit the highways. Yet, that's exactly what those taxes pay for. Like I said, it's just the way it goes. No system of taxation is perfect. But what really matters if whether it effectively serves the needs of society, not the individual.

because i choose not to ride a school bus?

It's your choice not to have kids that would be riding the bus.

It will pay off in the end. And maybe more will consider Home Schooling their children. Our Public Schools are a real mess. It's all Teacher Union/Democrat indoctrination now and they're failing at educating the kids. Home Schooling is looking more attractive to more Americans by the day. This is a blessing in disguise for sure.

Home schooling, like the 401k business, is a scam. Most people don't have the knowledge, time or patience to properly maintain either. Libertarians would say that they are then deservedly "losers", while your regular American realizes that in that situation, everybody's a loser.

Well said, a clear, concise an no nonsense comment from a callous conservative. How would Orwell phrase it: Sharing is Selfish.

clue: i am not a conservative........ not even republican.......

not libertarian either.......

eta: just because someone disagrees with you doesnt make them the opposite of what you consider your political leanings to be......

and if you are so interested in sharing, give me half of all your stuff....... or are you selfish?

Mea culp. A clear, concise an no nonsense comment from a callous tightwad.

when are you going to give me half of all your stuff?

or are you a selfish tightwad?

good.... why should poperty owners with no kids... or kids who do not use the school bus.. have to pay for the rest of those who do?

and it wasnt "free" bus shuttling"... it was being paid for by alot of people who never could use the service.......

Because educating children is the future of America?

How come the right wing hates this country.

Remember JFK, "Ask not....."

If childhood education is mandatory in Indiana, which it likely is, then this could very well be headed for a lawsuit.

I highly doubt that. When I was a kid, elementary school students only got bussed if they lived more than a mile from their school and junior high and high school kids didn't get bussed at all. Strangely, we all made it to school and graduated. How ever did we manage?

Well said, a clear, concise an no nonsense comment from a callous conservative. How would Orwell phrase it: Sharing is Selfish.

clue: i am not a conservative........ not even republican.......

not libertarian either.......

eta: just because someone disagrees with you doesnt make them the opposite of what you consider your political leanings to be......

and if you are so interested in sharing, give me half of all your stuff....... or are you selfish?

Mea culp. A clear, concise an no nonsense comment from a callous tightwad.

Says the guy living off the taxpayers of California. :eusa_whistle:

If childhood education is mandatory in Indiana, which it likely is, then this could very well be headed for a lawsuit.

I highly doubt that. When I was a kid, elementary school students only got bussed if they lived more than a mile from their school and junior high and high school kids didn't get bussed at all. Strangely, we all made it to school and graduated. How ever did we manage?

Much of Franklin is rural. Most of the kids are going to live more than a mile from school. Heck, when I was a kid we lived just outside east baton rouge parish line and it was 5 miles to our school.

Why not cut the politicians salaries and use the money saved for busing?

You know, do some real budgeting.

Why is the only solution ever raising taxes?

Try eliminating some of the waste in government for projects you actually need instead of letting politicians scare people into supporting their corrupt benefits and programs by threatening to cut off legitimate services.

nope, public school in massachussettes......

Paid for with what exactly? Do the public schools in "massachussettes" get by without revenue from the public?

their school busing gets by without any taxpayer funding....... at least the town i live in did........ which is why i paid 300/year for each kid to have them bused to school.......

But why exactly should others have been paying for your kids to get an education at all?

NPR and a Government Worker blaming everything on Tax Cuts? Gee what a surprise. Fire this guy immediately. He's exactly what's wrong with our Public Schools. This man should have never been allowed to advance to such a high-level management position. He's the one who helped bankrupt Public Schools and Indiana in the first place. So why is he still in charge of anything? And i'll bet anything he belongs to a Teacher Union too. These cuts had to be made because of nitwits like him. NPR of course failed to point that out. They should have asked why these cuts had to be made. NPR as usual took the one-sided Left Wing slant. They should have explored the issue completely and from both sides. That's why i stopped listening to NPR. They are clearly onboard with the Left/Democrat agenda.

good.... why should poperty owners with no kids... or kids who do not use the school bus.. have to pay for the rest of those who do?

and it wasnt "free" bus shuttling"... it was being paid for by alot of people who never could use the service.......

i agree and fully support my taxes going to educate the next generations....... and gladly send my quarterly property tax payments in to pay for them.......

i do not support paying for their transportation there........

and i am not right wing......

Education didnt work very well for you, so I don't think you make the most persuasive argument out there.

i agree and fully support my taxes going to educate the next generations....... and gladly send my quarterly property tax payments in to pay for them.......

i do not support paying for their transportation there........

and i am not right wing......

rdean thinks anyone who isnt to the left of Mao is a right winger.

Forum List

Back