Republicans get government out of their lives in Indiana

if i am summoned to court, do they provide free transportation?

If you don't show up, yes, they do. You'll also get a cot and three squares a day.
many things are compulsory yet do not provide the transportation.........

Many things are stuff and yet they don't require other stuff. That's definite proof of whatever I want it to be.
how many days the kids miss will be up to the parent or child.........
Oh yes, yes, of course. I've always had plenty of advance warning when my car has broken down, and if I've got to work 2 hours less per day to start bringing my kids into and back from school - that won't affect my well being or my employers.

because everyone in the community benefits form an educated workforce.....

not everyone in the community benefits from providing busing..........

They do, if lack of busing interferes with education. How many days will kids miss, if alternate transportation falls through?

if i am summoned to court, do they provide free transportation?

many things are compulsory yet do not provide the transportation.........

how many days the kids miss will be up to the parent or child.........

You're missing the point. You said it wouldn't effect the "benefits from an educated workforce", but missing school undoubtedly would.

good.... why should poperty owners with no kids... or kids who do not use the school bus.. have to pay for the rest of those who do?

and it wasnt "free" bus shuttling"... it was being paid for by alot of people who never could use the service.......

That's always the case for every form of taxation. You're always paying for something you're not using, and someone else is paying for something that YOU end up using. This complaint is getting very worn out.

good.... why should poperty owners with no kids... or kids who do not use the school bus.. have to pay for the rest of those who do?

and it wasnt "free" bus shuttling"... it was being paid for by alot of people who never could use the service.......

That's always the case for every form of taxation. You're always paying for something you're not using, and someone else is paying for something that YOU end up using. This complaint is getting very worn out.

E.g.
Why should we have to pay for street lights?

Rockford, Ill., Shuts Off Streetlights To Save Money : NPR

This isn't about education, but about buses, isn't it? The parents could drive or the kids could walk. I guess the Reps in Indiana are on board with Michelle's anti-obesity campaign!!! :cool:

So what's going to start happening is that parents will have to alter their work schedules so that they can deliver and fetch their children to and from school every day, probably spending an average of about 2-3 total hours daily. The business community should just LOVE all that lost productivity.

Where in the article does it say Republicans did this?? I see no reference to republicans any where. Are you are just ASSuming that fact?? It says voters "overwhemlingly" passed this.

In the past, property taxes covered the cost of busing students. But last November, Indiana voters overwhelmingly passed a cap on the state's property tax rate. That's kinked the revenue stream that districts across the state use to maintain their buildings, pay down debt and keep buses on the roads. Proponents of the plan argued that it would force districts to budget based on revenues, not expenditures — and learn to do more with less.

Where is the republican reference?? Oh and it's not beyond the possibility that politicians that don't get their way come down hardest on the folks it will effect the most. Remember when the Campaigner-in-Chief told the people on SS they might not get their checks?? Yea, go after the most vulnerable to get what you want. Sad, sad, they resort to these antics.

Where in the article does it say Republicans did this?? I see no reference to republicans any where. Are you are just ASSuming that fact?? It says voters "overwhemlingly" passed this.

In the past, property taxes covered the cost of busing students. But last November, Indiana voters overwhelmingly passed a cap on the state's property tax rate. That's kinked the revenue stream that districts across the state use to maintain their buildings, pay down debt and keep buses on the roads. Proponents of the plan argued that it would force districts to budget based on revenues, not expenditures — and learn to do more with less.

Where is the republican reference?? Oh and it's not beyond the possibility that politicians that don't get their way come down hardest on the folks it will effect the most. Remember when the Campaigner-in-Chief told the people on SS they might not get their checks?? Yea, go after the most vulnerable to get what you want. Sad, sad, they resort to these antics.

Its a Republican township.

Franklin Township, Marion County, Indiana - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Because I guess all the Republicans just stayed home on that day and didn't vote.

JFC - RURAL INDIANA for crying out loud - TONS of Democrats there! What are you, a moron?
Remember when the Campaigner-in-Chief told the people on SS they might not get their checks??
I do remember that. That was when the Republicans were considering allowed the U.S. Treasury to default - which would of course, result in folks getting late SS checks (and later and later each month) - as well as numerous other difficulties. What's your point? That Republicans cry like little bitches when someone points out the obvious flaws in their plans?

Last edited:

well, there is a difference between "not using" and "not able to use"

my property taxes pay for police and fire..... and even tho i may never have a need to use them, if i do, they are available if i do......

there is no chance of me ever needing to use a school bus.....

Its a Republican township.

Franklin Township, Marion County, Indiana - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Because I guess all the Republicans just stayed home on that day and didn't vote.

JFC - RURAL INDIANA for crying out loud - TONS of Democrats there! What are you, a moron?

I get it overwhelmingly doesn't include any democrats, right??? :cuckoo:

This isn't about education, but about buses, isn't it? The parents could drive or the kids could walk. I guess the Reps in Indiana are on board with Michelle's anti-obesity campaign!!! :cool:

So what's going to start happening is that parents will have to alter their work schedules so that they can deliver and fetch their children to and from school every day, probably spending an average of about 2-3 total hours daily. The business community should just LOVE all that lost productivity.

or... they arrange car pooling among the parents......

or they pay the cost of the bus fee........

apparently, the parents feel it is more cost effective for them to spend a couple hours each day shuttling their own kids than paying the cost of the bus fee.......

so apparently saving the 20+ hours a month is not worth the $50 monthly fee.. which means their time is worth less than 2.50 an hour which would mean they are not being that productive if theait time is worth less than that.......

my property taxes pay for police and fire..... and even tho i may never have a need to use them, if i do, they are available if i do......

So we shouldn't pay for busing because you personally chose to not contribute to raising tomorrow's workforce and/or are sterile?

or... they arrange car pooling among the parents......

or they pay the cost of the bus fee........

apparently, the parents feel it is more cost effective for them to spend a couple hours each day shuttling their own kids than paying the cost of the bus fee.......

Believe it or not, a lot of folks don't get the luxury of making all financial decisions based on what is "cost effective" or not - a lot of them make those decisions based on whether or not the money is actually there.

Tomato, tomato. Either way, it happens. In both senses. I pay taxes for highway maintenance for highways that I'm not able to use. *shrug*

Only because you choose to.

Tomato, tomato. Either way, it happens. In both senses. I pay taxes for highway maintenance for highways that I'm not able to use. *shrug*

Only because you choose to.

but you are not restricted from using the highway, anyone with a valid license is free to use any of the highway sytems in america.......

because i choose not to ride a school bus?

no, i am pretty sure there are laws prohibiting me form being allowed to ride on school buses........ i am pretty sure if i waited at the bus stop with the kids and tried to get on the bus that i would be arrested.......

Well said, a clear, concise an no nonsense comment from a callous conservative. How would Orwell phrase it: Sharing is Selfish.

Last edited:

So we shouldn't pay for busing because you personally chose to not contribute to raising tomorrow's workforce and/or are sterile?

i raised two kids.. for the last 6 years of their schooling paid 300/year in busing fees..... prior to that, we lived close enough for them to walk to school.....

some of the parents around me drove their kids in themselves or did carpooling.. i didnt want to deal with that, so i paid the fees.....

i am sure if you feel this strongly that the parents woudl be happy to have you pay for their kids busing fees along with buying them new computers and clothes and meals.......

eta: it was 300/year for each kid........

Last edited:

Well said, a clear, concise an no nonsense comment from a callous conservative. How would Orwell phrase it: Sharing is Selfish.

clue: i am not a conservative........ not even republican.......

not libertarian either.......

eta: just because someone disagrees with you doesnt make them the opposite of what you consider your political leanings to be......

and if you are so interested in sharing, give me half of all your stuff....... or are you selfish?

Last edited:
It will pay off in the end. And maybe more will consider Home Schooling their children. Our Public Schools are a real mess. It's all Teacher Union/Democrat indoctrination now and they're failing at educating the kids. Home Schooling is looking more attractive to more Americans by the day. This is a blessing in disguise for sure.

clue: i am not a conservative........ not even republican.......

not libertarian either.......

eta: just because someone disagrees with you doesnt make them the opposite of what you consider your political leanings to be......

and if you are so interested in sharing, give me half of all your stuff....... or are you selfish?

Mea culp. A clear, concise an no nonsense comment from a callous tightwad.

Forum List

Back