Republicans fawn over mega-bank CEO Jamie Dimon

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Republicans fawn over mega-bank CEO Jamie Dimon, ask him to help write banking regulations - Lean Forward

Republicans on Capitol Hill had nothing but praise Wednesday for JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon—and even went so far as to ask him to be involved in future banking regulation.

Dimon was testifying at a Senate Banking Committee hearing today, over JPMorgan's more than $2 billion in losses after it made a series of risky trades.

Sen. Bob Corker (R-TN) told Dimon he is "obviously renowned, rightly so I think, as being one of the best CEOs in the country for financials institutions."

Corker added that the $2 billion loss was no big deal. "You missed this, it's a blip on the radar screen," he said.

"We can hardly sit in judgment of you for losing $2 billion," Sen. Jim DeMint (R-SC) offered. "We lose twice that everyday here in Washington."

But the Republicans went beyond simple praise. In fact, they virtually begged Dimon to get involved in drafting future banking regulation—as if Wall Street doesn't have enough clout in Washington already.

"We're here quizzing you," Corker said. "If you were sitting on this side of the dais, what would you do to make our system safer than it is, and still meet the needs of a global economy like we have?"

DeMint followed up and asked Dimon to come back next year to talk with them about the industry and "help us keep banking as a private enterprise."

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT), who appeared on The Ed Show with guest host Michael Eric Dyson, called it "quite incredible" that the Republicans were so deferential to Dimon.

"To exalt, and to praise, and to honor the head of the largest financial institution when he comes to Capitol Hill is beyond my comprehension," Sanders said.

OMG, Obama beats off the CEO of GE and they paid ZERO in taxes, dont remember libtards complaining about that one.

I love when liberals try to tie republicans to the rich, but NEVER say anything about liberal rich folks. Stop, who cares about this.

I will give MSNBC the same amount of respect as a source as FOX gets from the left here.

Because MSNBC sued for the right to lie and they "alter" pictures of people they don't like.

fox-20080702-steinberg.jpg

fox-20080702-redicliffe.jpg

Or did they?

I love when liberals try to tie republicans to the rich, but NEVER say anything about liberal rich folks. Stop, who cares about this.

You better care. These are the guys who brought down the economy and bankrupted people's pensions and cost them their savings. Don'y you guys know anything? What do you think caused the recession? Damn, such ignorance pisses me off.

I will give MSNBC the same amount of respect as a source as FOX gets from the left here.
Did you read the quotes and watch them on the video provided?

I'm sure your aware video can be edited and quotes taken out context I'm not saying that is the case here but given that MSNBC is as partisan to left as the liberals here say FOX is to the right you can see why one would be skeptical.

Did you read the quotes and watch them on the video provided?

I'm sure your aware video can be edited and quotes taken out context I'm not saying that is the case here but given that MSNBC is as partisan to left as the liberals here say FOX is to the right you can see why one would be skeptical.

OUT OF CONTEXT???? You're fucking nuts.

The idiots can't see the forest for the trees. This isn't about the $2 billion. It is about the mentality and the practices behind the loss. It indicates that Wall Street is still taking giant risks, and when they fuck up in a big way again, they will expect us to dig them out again.

But what else can you expect from their apologists who don't know an inverse floater swap from their assholes?

Last edited:

You better care. These are the guys who brought down the economy and bankrupted people's pensions and cost them their savings. Don'y you guys know anything? What do you think caused the recession? Damn, such ignorance pisses me off.

Dude, rich people run democrats and liberals too. So stop with the BS. It's really simple NO MORE bailouts. In capitalism, you may lose and go bankrupt, so sorry, buh bye.

Dude, rich people run democrats and liberals too. So stop with the BS. It's really simple NO MORE bailouts. In capitalism, you may lose and go bankrupt, so sorry, buh bye.
So, do you agree with Corker that $2Billion is "a blip on the radar screen"?

So, do you agree with Corker that $2Billion is "a blip on the radar screen"?

That's what they said in Hawaii on December 7, 1941. Just a blip on the radar screen. Nothing to worry about...

Last edited:
I wonder just how bad the oligarchs would have to fuck up before the GOP got a little upset with them? It's not even pleasant to think about.

Republicans fawn over mega-bank CEO Jamie Dimon, ask him to help write banking regulations - Lean Forward

Republicans on Capitol Hill had nothing but praise Wednesday for JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon—and even went so far as to ask him to be involved in future banking regulation.

Dimon was testifying at a Senate Banking Committee hearing today, over JPMorgan's more than $2 billion in losses after it made a series of risky trades.

Sen. Bob Corker (R-TN) told Dimon he is "obviously renowned, rightly so I think, as being one of the best CEOs in the country for financials institutions."

Corker added that the $2 billion loss was no big deal. "You missed this, it's a blip on the radar screen," he said.

"We can hardly sit in judgment of you for losing $2 billion," Sen. Jim DeMint (R-SC) offered. "We lose twice that everyday here in Washington."

But the Republicans went beyond simple praise. In fact, they virtually begged Dimon to get involved in drafting future banking regulation—as if Wall Street doesn't have enough clout in Washington already.

"We're here quizzing you," Corker said. "If you were sitting on this side of the dais, what would you do to make our system safer than it is, and still meet the needs of a global economy like we have?"

DeMint followed up and asked Dimon to come back next year to talk with them about the industry and "help us keep banking as a private enterprise."

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT), who appeared on The Ed Show with guest host Michael Eric Dyson, called it "quite incredible" that the Republicans were so deferential to Dimon.

"To exalt, and to praise, and to honor the head of the largest financial institution when he comes to Capitol Hill is beyond my comprehension," Sanders said.

I heard the Corker segment and that was all I could stand. You would think that those people could at least pretend for a few hours that the bankers aren't running this country...

Forum List

Back