Republicans dresses up and Confederate with Negro slaves

Image is everything and even though I could care less , it was a dumb move on his part with so many politically correct people out to trump up every little thing and yeah, if I were black, it'd probably offend me.

Last edited:
EDIT: Where's the Foxnews coverage of this? Glenn Beck where#s your outrage? Tea Baggers?

I knew some boob was going to post about this. There is no coverage because there is nothing going on. It was a cultural event on southern history. Guess what? Blacks were slaves.

Oh, and he's dressed as a Union soldier you dumb ass. You know, the ones who fought to free the slaves? You can shut the fuck up now.

EDIT: Where's the Foxnews coverage of this? Glenn Beck where#s your outrage? Tea Baggers?

I knew some boob was going to post about this. There is no coverage because there is nothing going on. It was a cultural event on southern history. Guess what? Blacks were slaves.

Oh, and he's dressed as a Union soldier you dumb ass. You know, the ones who fought to free the slaves? You can shut the fuck up now.

Yea, it looks kind of blue, but every article says it's a "Confederate Generals Outfit". Besides, why would someone from South Carolina wear a "Union" outfit. Doesn't make sense.

McConnell discusses controversial Civil War re-enactors photo | The Post and Courier, Charleston SC - News, Sports, Entertainment

mcconnell-responds.jpg

The pictures in question show McConnell in his Confederate General’s uniform posing with a pair of African-Americans dressed in “antebellum” attire.

S.C. Gov. Mark Sanford and numerous other prominent Republicans attended the event, dubbed “A Southern Experience.” Sanford spoke at the event and presented the organization a “certificate of appreciation.”

In an exclusive interview with Yvonne Wenger of the Charleston Post and Courier, McConnell – a Confederate re-enactor – says that people who are offended by the images shouldn’t be, and that those who criticize him for his Confederate obsession are trying to “sanitize history.”

McConnell Responds To “Slavery” Pics :: FITSNews

I just want to know how much those two black people in the picture were paid to dress up like Aunt Jemima and Uncle Tom.

In the pic rdean posted, the uniform sleeves have the gold-lace emblems. I thought that type of representation of rank was exclusive to the Confederacy. Maybe he just had an inaccurate uniform. :confused:

Forum List

Back