Republicans don't want to cut the Defense budget

Nothing should be spared of cuts. Nothing. As in most govt run programs there is usually ALOT of trimming that can be done. I say nothing should be sacred nor spared.

Nothing should be spared of cuts. Nothing.

Defense should exempt, or at least separate consideration in any such budget decisions.
I have to agree. Pinching pennies isn't a good reason to neglect defending our nation.

That said, our foreign policy, and general military policies, have very little to do with defense and should be slashed on the grounds that they are batshit insane.

Oooo, I'm not an American now....strange I know more inside info about America than you.
Maybe that explains why you're so detached from "outside info".

The US military is used for the protection and desires of the US. We didn't do shit in Rwanda because there was little interest in it for the US, try to figure that out idiot.
Why would we need protection from a country of goat-herders with barely any running water or electricity, 9000 miles away with no navy?

It is in our interest that Russia, China, and Iran don't use their militaries to blackmail their neighbors into actions that are counter to world peace and US interests. So idiot, we put our military in their backyards to scare them from doing anything unlike what we did prior to WWII allowing Germany, Italy and Japan to invade country after country after counter until it was a world war.
Funny you should mention invading country after country...

...what are we up to now? I think 6. 7 if you count Iran.

Our military is the police walking around the world's streets making sure idiots like you don't try shit or else we shoot you dead.:eusa_whistle:
Are you threatening me? Because if you are, why don't you come down to the 49ner Tavern in Long Beach, Ca on a Friday for happy hour and we can finish this discussion face-to-face?

We have a military ten times as strong as our next possible adversary

But republicans insist on cutting healthcare, education, jobs programs, tuition reimbursement, aid to the elderly, aid to the poor

Before we touch a nickel of the defense budget

They will keep denying or change the topic, amnesty international posted our spending compared to others they have a legit chart

Yeah, 'cause Amnesty International is totally unbiased and lacking an axe to grind. :eusa_hand:

Wow what other links are you gonna deny? Where do you get your facts, fox news?

Not even a good try, loser. If you want your links respected, use links that are respectable. Believe it or not, not everything on the Internet is unvarnished, gospel truth.

But republicans insist on cutting healthcare, education, jobs programs, tuition reimbursement, aid to the elderly, aid to the poor

The size of our military is reflective of its role and our interests. Don't be myopic.

Are you threatening me? Because if you are, why don't you come down to the 49ner Tavern in Long Beach, Ca on a Friday for happy hour and we can finish this discussion face-to-face?

:confused: How the fuck do you read that as threatening you? Are you drunk?

Big LOL @ the tough-guy bit, btw. :clap2:

The size of our military is reflective of its role and our interests. Don't be myopic.

Our global interests are too large when our domestic interests suffer

Our global interests are too large when our domestic interests suffer

The two are inextricably intertwined.

Actually it's more Fundamental. Most Republicans believe the Best Defense is a Strong Offense, they believe we have gone down the Isolationist, just mind our own Business road before, and it led to Major Conflicts. They believe the only reason we have not had another Major world war is because the US and her allies have been more Proactive and less Reactive since WWII.

Libertarians are very Naive on this issue, they believe in an Idealist view that if we just mind our own Business everything will be ok. They are completely ignorant of the Inter connect, Interdependent global Economy we live in today.

No it's not that way, what major conflicts do you still expect to happen? The world doesn't want to go back to anther World War, also being aggresive is not the answer Iraq was a miserable failure by Cheney and Bush and resulted in Iraq having a Shia goverment allied with Iran wtf

Because we made a mistake in Iraq you think it means we should close all our bases and just bring everyone home? Sorry, But the mere presence of those basis have helped keep the peace and Stability around the world.

Where has the world seen peace and stability?

:confused: How the fuck do you read that as threatening you? Are you drunk?

Big LOL @ the tough-guy bit, btw. :clap2:
I was stuck for an intro into my "tough guy" bit, so the
"...making sure idiots like you don't try shit or else we shoot you dead...",
seemed to be the ticket.

Sorta jumped right into it though. Gotta build up the energy and set the tone first.

Absolute nonsense and a classic example of why progressives are perceived as weak when it comes to defending our nation and our freedom.

Our defense has to be stronger than the next 15 main adversaries on the planet. All you have to do is add up the armies of the top 10 to see we are out numbered 100 million to 2 million. Our technology is barely enough to keep us above water, and of the three main threats to this county, two of them have technology that is nearly comparable to ours. We are barely keeping ourselves secure.
None of which are federal expenditures and all fall under the authority and responsibility of the States. Healthcare alone is a program that isn't Constitutional, no government should be creating jobs programs and aid to the elderly? Seriously, these people don't have families, or retirement? I guess when you allow for liberal inflation, no retirement will keep up.

What would you do with the defense dollars if you could cut them?

Will you write legislation that will pay down the debt? Slash the Deficit? Or will you see more money and create more programs?

Democrats do not have a record of doing the two former, and always expand to to later.

Not a nickel to defense until we get a compromise from Democrats. 4 dollars from entitlements for every dollar of defense.

Not another partisan line again, lets create a few others:

Democrats don't want Americans do have decent health-care!

- At this point just link the Clinton Administration's love affair with big pharma companies and Monsanto, and all the money and deregulation Clinton gave them. Ignore their support of more health care funding. IGNORE THEIR SUPPORT OF MORE HEALTH CARE FUNDING.

Republicans are all Corporatists and hate the poor!

- Just spend your time linking to how much Corporate funding Republicans get, and their one liners. Focus on Reagan. FOCUS ON REAGAN.

All Democrats want big government!

- Just focus on the statements of Democratic politicians, focus on how many Democrats are raping taxpayers. Ignore the single issue voters. IGNORE THE SINGLE ISSUE VOTERS.*

*Most Republicans and Democrats are far more likely to be single issue voters i.e they vote for a stance on one issue they like in that party; rather than for most of the party platform. As a result Atheists and Agnostics are just as likely to vote Republican as they are Democrat, due to economic or environmental issues.

Last edited:
We have allies you seem to be forgetting that and china isn't nowhere near our technology

Forum List

Back