Republicans don't want to cut the Defense budget

BecauseIKnow

Rookie
Aug 5, 2012
I didn't see that coming:D, but anyways republicans are angry about the defense cut of 500 billion if I am correct but are find with cutting budget of middle class and poor, McCain went on CNN with another lady crying about it, we all know the real reason is to keep their defense contractors rich, what's your things should we cut the defense budget or not? Keep in my mind this is my first thread so correct me if something is wrong or if this thread already exists...

Naw..it's basically on the money.

Republicans say the government doesn't create jobs.

Until you cut government money that creates jobs in their districts.

:lol:

• Banned

Even if the cut goes through it is still more than the 2006 budget of 467 billion, in 2013 it will be 469 billion WITH the cut :clap2:

...but are find with cutting budget of middle class and poor...

I know the federal government has the constitutional responsibility to fund the military, but I did not know there was a budget for the middle class and poor. Which enumerated power is that?

I know the federal government has the constitutional responsibility to fund the military, but I did not know there was a budget for the middle class and poor. Which enumerated power is that?

No it doesn't.

The Constitution clearly outlines that the Navy be a permanent fixure..and the ground forces be subject to a vote every 2 years.

Clearly not a mandate to fund.

• Banned
I'm waiting on republicans opinion on the defense budget? Are there republicans or right wingers on this forum?

Taxes under republican plan I meant

America already has the MOST PROGRESSIVE tax system in the western world...and we have nearly half the country not paying any federal income tax. Just how much more lopsided do you suppose it should be?

No it doesn't.

The Constitution clearly outlines that the Navy be a permanent fixure..and the ground forces be subject to a vote every 2 years.

Clearly not a mandate to fund.

I stand corrected.

America already has the MOST PROGRESSIVE tax system in the western world...and we have nearly half the country not paying any federal income tax. Just how much more lopsided do you suppose it should be?

What about the 1 percent how is their federal income tax going? The middle class under republicans would get screwed

I'm waiting on republicans opinion on the defense budget? Are there republicans or right wingers on this forum?

I am a registered republican simply to vote for Ron Paul and other small government liberty minded republicans and I believe the defense budget needs slashed at least in half if not more,all bases overseas closed,all troops brought home.

I am a registered republican simply to vote for Ron Paul and other small government liberty minded republicans and I believe the defense budget needs slashed at least in half if not more,all bases overseas closed,all troops brought home.

And keep foriegn aid or end it?...

God you are Dense, Spending money Buying things from US Defense Contractors is one of the few Ways Government spending actually does create Jobs in the Private sector.

Sure there are cuts we can make in Defense, my question is with Defense only being about 20% of our budget, Why is it Democrats are only willing to Consider Cuts to Defense and nothing else?

We could eliminate our Defense spending all together and we would still have a Deficit Issue. The Real Money, the Real problem, is in Entitlements. We will not make any Significant Progress with Defense cuts alone.

In Pub propaganda- In fact, the richest pay no more %wise in all taxes and fees than the poorest, and the effective corporate rate is 12%. Pub dupes!!

Forum List

Back