Republicans don’t seem to understand all of the ramifications of high drug costs

Often republicans will say (as armchair critics only) that if a person can’t afford life-saving drugs for themselves, it is their own fault. That’s their excuse for our shitty healthcare system. It’s self-righteous ranting that makes them feel more manly but in reality doesn’t come from a place of experience therefore they come across as stupid and petty.

They like to pretend that all other nations have inferior healthcare systems when really this is complete bullshit. They then rather say our healthcare system sucks because of ACA but are too childish to admit our healthcare system sucked before ACA. Our system is a joke and always will be a joke if there isn’t a public option. Doesn’t it bother republicans that drug prices of the exact same drugs are a fraction of the cost in other countries? Government red tape isn’t the reason. We know this because the exact same drugs are much more accessible in other 1st world countries. Now are these healthcare systems perfect? Of course not, but many of them are sure as hell better than what we have here.

Sure, the for-profit system we have has some advantages in how sophisticated certain treatments can be, but that hardly means jack shit if MOST people can’t afford those sophisticated treatments. Republicans do get that right? The foreigners that come here for treatment that is not available in their countries are WEALTHY.

Doesn’t it bother republicans that 1/4th of diabetics in the US can’t afford the insulin they need on a daily basis? No of course not. They would only care if they became both diabetic and poor. Then they would get it lol.

What happens when diabetics can’t afford insulin? They go to the emergency room and drive up healthcare costs.

https://www.commonwealthfund.org/si..._podcasts_cmwf_podcast_transcript_rxdrugs.pdf

The human cost of insulin in America
Liberoidals don't seem to understand the ramifications of an FDA bureaucracy so idiotically immense and costly, that only three Murcan companies can even afford to make insulin.

Fucking dopes.
3 companies huh? Are you sure that’s not because these companies cornered the market?
They've cornered the market because no smaller players can get through all the FDA bullshit to bring a product to market...True story.

Now go spit shine Big Brother's boots, boy.
Oh really? So their corporate lobbying has nothing to do with it?
Only the biggest companies can afford that too, rube.

Now get to that polishing, peasant.

Republicans don't care about the consequences of high drugs costs.
The voters do when they realize they can’t afford them.
and what do a whole bunch those voters do?.....they vote for the same useless piece of shit they voted for last time and the time before that....hence our 20% congress....
I have never heard any republican say that.
What the fuck ever. Republicans say that shit all the time.

Nope. Never heard that. I think you're imagining things.
Um okay whatever. Let me ask you this. What is your solution to millions of people being unable to afford life-saving medicine?

I'm sure you have heard of "survival of the fittest."
It's science, right? You're all about science, right?
lol just as predicted. You prove my point with this post.

What's your point?
Do you think people have a right to life saving drugs?

Republicans don’t seem to understand all of the ramifications of high drug costs…

It's not that we don't understand. We just don't care that some pathetic drug addict such as you is struggling to come up with the money to buy your next “fix”. The sooner you die from an overdose, or withdrawal, or just the general self-neglect to which your kind are prone, the sooner we'll be relieved of the burden that you impose on society.

I never heard a heart patient consider his medicine to be a "fix". How many prescriptions do you think someone with congestive heart failure should be limited to?

The greatest Country in the world supplies free life saving drugs to freaking criminal aliens. What the hell are TDS lefties hysterical about now?

I think Trump's heart is in the right place on this issue, but some of his advisers keep talking him out of solid steps that would lower drug prices. He has talked about some good proposals to lower drug prices, but then his supposedly "pro-free market advisers" have talked him out of them. We really do need to do something about the undue influence of Big Pharma.

Republicans don’t seem to understand all of the ramifications of high drug costs…

It's not that we don't understand. We just don't care that some pathetic drug addict such as you is struggling to come up with the money to buy your next “fix”. The sooner you die from an overdose, or withdrawal, or just the general self-neglect to which your kind are prone, the sooner we'll be relieved of the burden that you impose on society.

~~~~~~
Indeed, PMS/DSA Democrats are well aware of the profits that can be made in drugs, both legal and illicit. Take for example the high influx of Heroin into the US during the Johnson administration. Then the Mena Arkansas airport during the Clinton administration and Barry Seal. It never stopped.

Bush Clinton Fraud: Barry Seal
https://bushclintonfraud.blogspot.com/2011/07/barry-seal.html
Jul 10, 2011 · Barry Seal was a CIA agent and a very successful cocaine smuggler. He helped facilitate the exchange of drugs for arms in support of the Contras in Nicaragua. He also helped launder that drug money in some of the Arkansas banks tied to the Clinton family.
Vietnam, the CIA's Illegal Drug Trafficking
www.johnfitzgeraldkennedy.net/VietnamCIADrugs.htm
Vietnam, the CIA's Illegal Drug Trafficking, ... alliances between drug brokers and intelligence agencies have protected the global narcotics traffic. Given the frequency of such alliances, there seems a natural attraction between intelligence agencies and criminal syndicates. ... Lyndon Baines Johnson, his successor, put his name on NSAM 273 ...
Big Pharma Political Contributions - Drugsdb.com
www.drugsdb.com/blog/big-pharma-political-contributions.html
Sep 16, 2012 · And then, in 2010, for the first time a majority, at 54%, of big Pharma money went to the Democrats. (Chronic big-spender Pfizer spent $1,100,814 on the election cycle, with an additional $13,330,000 in lobbying expenditures.) As of September of 2012 it's back in the Republican column--although only with 54%. Those percentages add up to big money.
Viral image about Democratic senators and 'big pharma' is ...
https://www.politifact.com/.../other-98/viral-image-about-democratic-senators-and-big-phar
Claim: Thirteen Democratic senators "voted against cheaper medicines" and took millions from "big pharma since 2011."
Drug_bill_meme.jpg

There is no easy solution. The competitive capitalist system is responsible for the development of countless life-saving and life-sustaining drugs here in the U.S., that would not be developed in countries with socialized medicine. It is the PROFIT MOTIVE that catalyzes innovation. So to artificially lower prices so that they are "affordable" would be counterproductive in the long run.

The American people are being told and led to believe that they have a "right" to whatever costly medicines and treatments are scientifically available, and this is nonsense. There is no drug fairy.

Often republicans will say (as armchair critics only) that if a person can’t afford life-saving drugs for themselves, it is their own fault. That’s their excuse for our shitty healthcare system....f

We mean in real life, not what your Liberal echo chambers tell you.

Trump is the only president actually doing something to bring down prescription drug costs.

What?
The only one.

Trump administration outlines plan to allow the US to import cheaper drugs from Canada

So how's that working out with the Canadians? It's not. I do have to admit he had good intentions but we'll see if Canada comes around. It was ok for them to be filling prescriptions for thousands before this but they do not millions.

and what do a whole bunch those voters do?.....they vote for the same useless piece of shit they voted for last time and the time before that....hence our 20% congress....

Um okay whatever. Let me ask you this. What is your solution to millions of people being unable to afford life-saving medicine?

I'm sure you have heard of "survival of the fittest."
It's science, right? You're all about science, right?
lol just as predicted. You prove my point with this post.

What's your point?
Do you think people have a right to life saving drugs?
Yes, they should because the drugs exist.

Often republicans will say (as armchair critics only) that if a person can’t afford life-saving drugs for themselves, it is their own fault. That’s their excuse for our shitty healthcare system. It’s self-righteous ranting that makes them feel more manly but in reality doesn’t come from a place of experience therefore they come across as stupid and petty.

They like to pretend that all other nations have inferior healthcare systems when really this is complete bullshit. They then rather say our healthcare system sucks because of ACA but are too childish to admit our healthcare system sucked before ACA. Our system is a joke and always will be a joke if there isn’t a public option. Doesn’t it bother republicans that drug prices of the exact same drugs are a fraction of the cost in other countries? Government red tape isn’t the reason. We know this because the exact same drugs are much more accessible in other 1st world countries. Now are these healthcare systems perfect? Of course not, but many of them are sure as hell better than what we have here.

Sure, the for-profit system we have has some advantages in how sophisticated certain treatments can be, but that hardly means jack shit if MOST people can’t afford those sophisticated treatments. Republicans do get that right? The foreigners that come here for treatment that is not available in their countries are WEALTHY.

Doesn’t it bother republicans that 1/4th of diabetics in the US can’t afford the insulin they need on a daily basis? No of course not. They would only care if they became both diabetic and poor. Then they would get it lol.

What happens when diabetics can’t afford insulin? They go to the emergency room and drive up healthcare costs.

https://www.commonwealthfund.org/si..._podcasts_cmwf_podcast_transcript_rxdrugs.pdf

Please give me one example of a republican saying if they can’t afford a drug it is the patients fault.
Think about what you want of this claim. How about you just tell me what is the solution to people not getting the drugs they need because they can’t afford them?

Trump is the only president actually doing something to bring down prescription drug costs.

What?
The only one.

Trump administration outlines plan to allow the US to import cheaper drugs from Canada

So how's that working out with the Canadians? It's not. I do have to admit he had good intentions but we'll see if Canada comes around. It was ok for them to be filling prescriptions for thousands before this but they do not millions.
They do the biggest profit.

Trump is the only one that made the effort.

Often republicans will say (as armchair critics only) that if a person can’t afford life-saving drugs for themselves, it is their own fault. That’s their excuse for our shitty healthcare system....f

I have multiple things that would help, but are you sure you really want a thoughtful, reasoned response in such an obviously tainted hit piece like this thread?

Do you now disavow your own OP?
We both know you don’t have them.

Please give me one example of a republican saying if they can’t afford a drug it is the patients fault.
Think about what you want of this claim. How about you just tell me what is the solution to people not getting the drugs they need because they can’t afford them?
At some point it is not about personal affordability it is about the government affording to subsidize it. That will happen here. Some drugs are very cheap and even if previous generations of the product. As people die off, the immunity built up to versions will disappear also and cheaper variants will be produced. So stop wishing for bad times. Because that is the best of what will happen if things are not nice.

At some point it is not about personal affordability it is about the government affording to subsidize it. That will happen here. Some drugs are very cheap and even if previous generations of the product. As people die off, the immunity built up to versions will disappear also and cheaper variants will be produced. So stop wishing for bad times. Because that is the best of what will happen if things are not nice.
That doesn’t explain why these drugs can be paid for for a fraction of the cost in other countries.

I have multiple things that would help, but are you sure you really want a thoughtful, reasoned response in such an obviously tainted hit piece like this thread?

Do you now disavow your own OP?
We both know you don’t have them.

Okay, since you're dodging, we'll assume you're disavowing it. It was stupid anyway. Let's look at some things that could reduce some drug prices.

1. Competition. Shorten but don't eliminate the trademark period.
2. Go back to the days when you could not advertise prescription drugs. Now drug companies have massive (read expensive) marketing campaigns and patients are demanding drugs from doctors, thus driving up demand and price.
3. Change the culture that expects a pill to eliminate the consequences of a lifetime of poor health practices.

Now, what would you do to reduce drug prices that wouldn't stifle innovation?

Now I understand about price gouging like that liberal twit who raised his price to 1400 dollars for a pill, that was a little extreme, but if a pill costs 99 dollars to R &D it, scientists arent cheap you know(no you dont, you are a welfare puke so those guys should make 15 minimum wage, like everyone else) so for every pill it should cost 100 for that pill. If you dont make a profit, on the medicine, then you cant use it to R & D other medicine.

Forum List

Back