Republicans: Do you believe that there are individuals who cannot help themselves?

i will try to offer the perspective as a 'disabled' woman.

i began working at 13 years old, left high school and worked 2 jobs to support myself..i basically did that over the years until i became ill and could not work..it has a been a long time for me not working and i can tell you it fucking straight up sucks plain ass. but i paid my social security all those years and it has been supporting me..barely but i do it..

i dont see my ss as the charity some folks seems so contemptuous of. it has allowed me some time to heal and get better and stable so that i am now in a place where i can go retrain and rejoin the work force within my capabilities.

sometimes folks just need a bit of time and help to sort it so they can get back to good.

in my opinion that is just paying it forward.

i began working at 13 years old, left high school and worked 2 jobs to support myself..i basically did that over the years until i became ill and could not work..it has a been a long time for me not working and i can tell you it fucking straight up sucks plain ass. but i paid my social security all those years and it has been supporting me..barely but i do it..

i dont see my ss as the charity some folks seems so contemptuous of. it has allowed me some time to heal and get better and stable so that i am now in a place where i can go retrain and rejoin the work force within my capabilities.

sometimes folks just need a bit of time and help to sort it so they can get back to good.

^^ this is how SS disability or welfare should be used.

Help people get going again, not try to live off of it.

Sure, there are those who cannot take care of themselves.

There are charities to help them.

I don't have a problem with govt protecting those that can't do it themselves. We just need to draw a realistic line in the programs to boot those out who can. I don't want all my tax dollars going to bombs and frivolous projects. I take some comfort that all of it isn't completely wasted.

If you worked for it, govt took it, its still yours. It's not charity for you.

I hope you get back on your feet soon. :)

A couple of exampes: the mentally retarded and disabled veterans.

In other words, is there anyone living in this country that NEEDS and DESERVES government assistance? If not, how do you deal with these individuals?

Of course there are people that cannot help themselves, what a stupid question. There's a difference between cannot and will not.

And nobody with an ounce of sense and decency has a problem with this... don't left the left wing whackaloons bullshit you into believing evil Republicans want you living on the streets because that is a LIE.

In other words, is there anyone living in this country that NEEDS and DESERVES government assistance? If not, how do you deal with these individuals?

Of course there are people that cannot help themselves, what a stupid question. There's a difference between cannot and will not.

We have seen several of these stupid questions from the left lately.

Telling

Telling

Very telling indeed.... in what world do these numbskulls live?

I don't have a problem with govt protecting those that can't do it themselves. We just need to draw a realistic line in the programs to boot those out who can. I don't want all my tax dollars going to bombs and frivolous projects. I take some comfort that all of it isn't completely wasted.

I understand your point and don't have too much of an argument, but I personally don't like the government taking care of anybody. It isn't the government's job. The reason I don't give to charities is that I already pay taxes that help the "less fortunate". The government should, imo, give tax incentives for people and corporations that give money to charities and should be completely out of the welfare business. Imo.

I understand your point and don't have too much of an argument, but I personally don't like the government taking care of anybody. It isn't the government's job. The reason I don't give to charities is that I already pay taxes that help the "less fortunate". The government should, imo, give tax incentives for people and corporations that give money to charities and should be completely out of the welfare business. Imo.

I tend to agree but unfortunately, the gubmint takes the money from you and therefore, when you need it, it should be paid. I'd rather this wasn't the case though.

Telling

I'm thinking it's in their talking points from the DNC...

At Marathons you see guys in wheelchairs competing, pushing their own chairs the whole 26 miles. there are jobs for those with IQ's in the low 80s that they can do successfully.

Given internal motivation, no one but the senile and bedridden is totally helpless.

The main problem we face is not helplessness but prevention. Government interference in the main impediment to getting jobs.

The helpless are very few and far between.

Like it or not in today's America there are millions who for many reasons, reasonable or not, simply can't find it within themselves to make it on their own.

Some because they are physically unable but most because they have been conditioned to be that way. Given an easy way out many chose it rather than working their way through it. Our society lacks the will or the courage to take away the easy way out.

Unfortunate but true.

And nobody with an ounce of sense and decency has a problem with this... don't left the left wing whackaloons bullshit you into believing evil Republicans want you living on the streets because that is a LIE.

im a left wing whackaloon,
it is very nice to meet you.

:p

Whatt??? You look like a roster to me!! A few less than idealistic feathers but none the less a handsome breed.

I understand why you may be left leaning, somewhere the compassion of many has been left on the curb. The government in turn has decided it needs to tell everyone how to take care of folks. If you cannot work, you are entitled to government assistance whether or not you paid into a "fund". I'm thinking it should be up to the state not the Fed but that's another thread.

However, being the forever optimist I think you need to not believe the right doesn't care. See the thing is we care enough to give you a hand up, not always a hand out. There is a huge difference in need and want.

All the best to you on a long and joyful life.

five bucks says that most of the responses in this thread will be dodges.

there are definitely people (like disabled vets) who are without family, etc. probably not a great number, but some. that is the group that you won't get answers about.

I answered it. Quit cutting military funding, progressive asswipe. Allow them enough money to have a strong standing military AND take care of our vets. That one is all you guys.

will you let me off the hook if i tell you that i haven't voted for a republican or democrat in a long time? :eusa_angel:

If bleeding heart neo-progressive liberals put their own money where there mouths were, there wouldnt be a needy, helpless, uncared for mouth to feed in the country...

Utopian hypocrites

Whatt??? You look like a roster to me!! A few less than idealistic feathers but none the less a handsome breed.

I understand why you may be left leaning, somewhere the compassion of many has been left on the curb. The government in turn has decided it needs to tell everyone how to take care of folks. If you cannot work, you are entitled to government assistance whether or not you paid into a "fund". I'm thinking it should be up to the state not the Fed but that's another thread.

However, being the forever optimist I think you need to not believe the right doesn't care. See the thing is we care enough to give you a hand up, not always a hand out. There is a huge difference in need and want.

All the best to you on a long and joyful life.

thanks for the the good wishes, appreciate that.

i am less concerned with the us/them crap that is dividing people who should be collectively doing what is best for the country.

i dont have a lot of interest in blame and i am always willing to listen to another side. i do not take any one vision as an absolute truth as my truth and yours are no doubt very different and i respect that it is thus :)

i am more inclined to fact check and source 'credible' agencies and available tools freely available on the internet than i am 'kill the messenger' so to speak and try to respond in such a way to encourage an honest discussion.

that is not to say i do not get in the mud and get messy, i do and i can scrap with the best :p, but i prefer to choose my battles carefully as opposed to battling everything i dont care for...realistically who has that kind of time?

what i am interested in in learning something everyday and finding the things that would unify us stronger as a collective...

while we are us/them republithuglooneylibsfuckingprogressive..horse shit 'they' are stealing our fucking country for their rich friends. while we are distracted they are taking away our rights and shitting all over our constitution and interpreting it freely to suit 'them' not 'us'.

As a conservative.

We should help those that can't help themselves.

Everyone else had better man the fuck up and get to work, even if the only thing you can find sucks the life out of you.

Our fore fathers did.
COOOOL ! I think I'll go kill me some injun "savages" steal their land and grow me some bakky ! Damn. That's a lot of work. Anybody got some ******* for sale ?

Forum List

Back