Republicans distorting democrat amendments??

no1tovote4 said:
So you are saying that turnabout is fair play?
did I say that? Don't think so. What I AM saying is that now I think republicans are just as scummy and malicious as democrats for attempting such a blatant act of mischaracterization in an effort to make the opposing party look like they are trying to protect criminals. congrats, i hate both parties equally now. :cheers2:

SmarterThanYou said:
did I say that? Don't think so. What I AM saying is that now I think republicans are just as scummy and malicious as democrats for attempting such a blatant act of mischaracterization in an effort to make the opposing party look like they are trying to protect criminals. congrats, i hate both parties equally now. :cheers2:

I am confused then...
You expected them to act differently? On what evidence?

This is politics and that is what politicians do.

I remember Patsy Schroeder pounding on the podium and telling others that Republicans were, "Coming for your children!" and that they actually wanted to, "Starve the elderly!"

These kind of misrepresentations have been used for centuries by politicians on opposing sides of an issue, why would you expect it to be different?

no1tovote4 said:
I am confused then...
You expected them to act differently? On what evidence?

This is politics and that is what politicians do.

I remember Patsy Schroeder pounding on the podium and telling others that Republicans were, "Coming for your children!" and that they actually wanted to, "Starve the elderly!"

These kind of misrepresentations have been used for centuries by politicians on opposing sides of an issue, why would you expect it to be different?
might have had something to do with all that 'moral high ground' bullshit they were trying to spew. :puke:

SmarterThanYou said:
might have had something to do with all that 'moral high ground' bullshit they were trying to spew. :puke:

I find it interesting that currently the Dems are attempting to redefine the "moral high ground" by saying that Jesus would be a Liberal if He were alive today, attempting to use Bible verses to promote their agenda....

Once again, this is a both sides thing that all politicians do.

Personally, this is why I am Libertarian. However almost everybody can see through that kind of thing, it doesn't even take much research and almost everybody understands the kinds of motivations that makes this stuff happen.

no1tovote4 said:
I find it interesting that currently the Dems are attempting to redefine the "moral high ground" by saying that Jesus would be a Liberal if He were alive today, attempting to use Bible verses to promote their agenda....

Once again, this is a both sides thing that all politicians do.

Personally, this is why I am Libertarian. However almost everybody can see through that kind of thing, it doesn't even take much research and almost everybody understands the kinds of motivations that makes this stuff happen.
and yet we tolerate them as just 'politics'.

SmarterThanYou said:
and yet we tolerate them as just 'politics'.

I think we simply expect it as "politics", from past performance and other evidence of what has consistently transpired. It is one of the things one gets "used to" when dealing with this kind of thing and those that are really into it can actually get to the meat of the subject simply reading the distorted facts. Very few people active in politics would be fooled by such a simple play, this was aimed more at the poll takers that never vote and pay little attention, the ones that are used to test the "will of the people". You know the kind that they call to take the poll on how the Pres. is doing his job, and whether or not they think Gays should marry etc.

Forum List

Back